Pandigital Supernova WiFi

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

New to the tablet world and slatedroid. I have two Pandigital Supernova we got for the kids for Christmas, that only worked for about an hour then the WiFi Mac address went to zero's and no internet.... I have been all over this forum and it's "great" looking for answers.Pandigital support has not been very helpful, They want me to try a older firmware. IR80_S_W_A_A_11162011 . No luck getting it on the sd card.... Should I give up and get a Kindel Fire.
Thanks

#2 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Factory reset. Twice if needed. Been there.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

#3 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

THIS LINK Will get you to a test version of the firmware IR80_S_BN_W_A_A_10172011 neither this version or the 09282011 version of the software have lost wifi on me. It started with the first November(11) firmware update and seems to be tied with the MY WiFi, or at least deleting that and re-installing it can fix the problem. I don't know how long this link will stay good.

Pandigital is working on it. I was pretty dissapointed with their tech support at first but lately they have really stepped up. The more people who report this the more people they will put on it.

When you call leave personal garbage out of it. NO "I got this for a Christmas present and the damned thing doesn't work". Keep it cool and impersonal. Having spent 11 years doing internal server and tech support in a company of over 20,000 people I can tell you not one person who ever called me yelling, or pissing and moaning ever made it to the top of the list and usually got handed down to the worst tech I could find.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#4 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Factory reset. Twice if needed. Been there.

I will keep trying
Thanks

#5 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

THIS LINK Will get you to a test version of the firmware IR80_S_BN_W_A_A_10172011 neither this version or the 09282011 version of the software have lost wifi on me. It started with the first November(11) firmware update and seems to be tied with the MY WiFi, or at least deleting that and re-installing it can fix the problem. I don't know how long this link will stay good.

Pandigital is working on it. I was pretty dissapointed with their tech support at first but lately they have really stepped up. The more people who report this the more people they will put on it.

When you call leave personal garbage out of it. NO "I got this for a Christmas present and the damned thing doesn't work". Keep it cool and impersonal. Having spent 11 years doing internal server and tech support in a company of over 20,000 people I can tell you not one person who ever called me yelling, or pissing and moaning ever made it to the top of the list and usually got handed down to the worst tech I could find.

Thanks for the info, I got the file and uzipped then how do I get it to the sd card. Thanks again

#6 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for the info, I got the file and uzipped then how do I get it to the sd card. Thanks again

If you have a reader on your PC, otherwise you have to connect the Supernova to your computer by USB. Plug it in, then pull down the notification menu, tap usb connected then tap turn on USB. a window should pope up on your pc asking to open the drive.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#7 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

If you have a reader on your PC, otherwise you have to connect the Supernova to your computer by USB. Plug it in, then pull down the notification menu, tap usb connected then tap turn on USB. a window should pope up on your pc asking to open the drive.

Does not seem to update when I get the file on the sd card. I must be doing something wrong, will try harder tomarrow.
Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for your help!

#8 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Does not seem to update when I get the file on the sd card. I must be doing something wrong, will try harder tomarrow.
Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for your help!

Yeah sometimes it is best to take a breath, LOl. Happy New year. Tomorrow if it still doesn't work off of the Sd try it on the internal.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#9 jondar

jondar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

I don't think you're supposed to unzip it - just put the file on the sdcard just as you downloaded it.

#10 jondar

jondar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Having spent 11 years doing internal server and tech support in a company of over 20,000 people I can tell you not one person who ever called me yelling, or pissing and moaning ever made it to the top of the list and usually got handed down to the worst tech I could find.

Heh...been there. So true!

#11 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

I notice that some firmware is barns & noble and some is Amazon. Is there a difference & can I go from one to the other?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

#12 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

Tired of the WIFI Issues and the Zero'd Out WIFI MAC Address.......Im about to try this Kairnage thanks for posting. Hoping I can get this thing right. Also been trying to call PD for 3 days now, I stay on hold over an hour. How long do you normally stay on hold to get someone on the phone???

#13 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I don't think you're supposed to unzip it - just put the file on the sdcard just as you downloaded it.

Heh...been there. So true!

Thanks jondar nice catch, I was up late playing with a new pad and also got a little excited because I found out why the Supernova doesn;t rake ADB. I got a UOT mod installed thin morning YAY!!!

I notice that some firmware is barns & noble and some is Amazon. Is there a difference & can I go from one to the other?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

So long as it is the IR80 you will be fine, but I got excited at the amazon firmware until I installed it. All the did was add Kindle and Zinio, still a ton of bloatware.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#14 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Kairnage quick question, how do I run this update....Im not rooted, and I don't have WIFI connection. I did however get the RAR file on the SD card. From the PD website instructions on how to run the firmware updates its talks about holding the power button and the volume up key. From what I have research that doesn't work on the PD_SN doesn't it??

AJ

#15 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

The bn firmware will fix the wifi issue.

#16 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

The bn firmware will fix the wifi issue.

Will the BN FW work on the QVC PD_SN???

#17 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Kairnage quick question, how do I run this update....Im not rooted, and I don't have WIFI connection. I did however get the RAR file on the SD card. From the PD website instructions on how to run the firmware updates its talks about holding the power button and the volume up key. From what I have research that doesn't work on the PD_SN doesn't it??

AJ

It does, it is just on the Supernova the process is automatic, you do not see the menu. The only thing i have noticed is sometimes they work off the external sd, sometime you have to copy them from the external to the internal, but I cannot tell you why. Try it on the external first.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#18 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

It does, it is just on the Supernova the process is automatic, you do not see the menu. The only thing i have noticed is sometimes they work off the external sd, sometime you have to copy them from the external to the internal, but I cannot tell you why. Try it on the external first.

Ok, so I have the 10172011 FW RAR file on the external now Im about to power down my SN and then hold the power button and the up volume key for 3 seconds and this should flash the FW from the external sd card???

#19 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Ok so I was wondering, I have this screen with an Exclamation Point and the Green Android Guy. Am I suppose to be seeing this or is this an error???

#20 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ok so I was wondering, I have this screen with an Exclamation Point and the Green Android Guy. Am I suppose to be seeing this or is this an error???

If it gets to the exclamation it didn't work. Try copying the file over to the internal drive.
  • AZSALUKI likes this

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock