290 replies to this topic

#1 poolg8

poolg8

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

Ainol's latest model the Novo 7 Elf Edition is now available and is shipping out starting Today. It has a 1.2GHz Many CORE CPU,

The Advanced and Basic were rumored to be discontinued and it appear that they really will be:

Announcement

Tablet improves on Paladin with faster Many Core A10 1.2GHz CPU, higher resolution 1024x600 Capacitive screen. The Novo 7 Elf also adds web camera, HDMI port, Bluetooth. There is no Android Market Pre-installed.

Novo7 Elf Product Page

Current Changes: CPU is Allwinner A10, Screen is 1024x600 Capacitive.

Update: ChinaGrabber says this tablet is ready to ship today! Supply is very limited and other shops ship out Early February.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeyayVHcSs

These are the only confirmed sources that have stock and are shipping out today (from Apad.tv post):

ShadySpammers
ChinaGrabber
PricedinChina
Flytouch4

Attached Files

Edited by poolg8, 13 January 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#2 stare

stare

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

so im guessing the advance is dead and there will be no ics??? =(

#3 poolg8

poolg8

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:58 AM

That's what it looks like. Looks like they focusing on the faster cortex 10 tabs.

#4 jebus

jebus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Ainol's latest model the Novo 7 Elf IPS Edition is now available. The Advanced and Basic were rumored to be discontinued and it appear that they really will be: Announcement

Tablet improves on Paladin with faster Cortex A8 1.5GHz CPU, IPS Capacitive, add web camera.

Novo7 Elf Product Page

Sounds like the advanced with an isp screen, lol lots o people here saw this coming

This information dose not seem to be from a well informed source, as their is no cortex a10 it is a misx-informed name for the allwinner chipset found in the advanced and as the advanced sold out as has been a major hit i do not think anal canceled it because of "lack of demand". As i stated a while back the elf is the n7a with an isp screen for americans+EU market, gotta love capitalist china they didnt know it would be such a bit hit with us. I think anal soon to be aenovo-?- is trying to make their move into the bigshot table.

Jebus says stable ics will come to the n7a it will come
Jebushunter
Everything i say is a lie

#5 annunaki

annunaki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:39 AM

Looks to be the same thing as the Advanced but with a better screen. It's an Allwinner A10 SoC with Cortex A8 processor and Mali 400 GPU just like the Advanced. I'd bet money that ICS version would be identical for this tablet and the Advanced. This is a very good thing IMHO.

I also bet that this is the same as the previously announced Aurora. FWIW, I really like the name Aurora a lot more. Really. It sounds waaaay better than...Ainol Elf :lol:
Posted Image

#6 Gordyy

Gordyy

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

I've got an order in place for a Novo 7 Advanced (one of the last batches produced). Should I cancel and wait?

#7 NerdDroid

NerdDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Sounds like the advanced with an isp screen, lol lots o people here saw this coming

This information dose not seem to be from a well informed source, as their is no cortex a10 it is a misx-informed name for the allwinner chipset found in the advanced and as the advanced sold out as has been a major hit i do not think anal canceled it because of "lack of demand". As i stated a while back the elf is the n7a with an isp screen for americans+EU market, gotta love capitalist china they didnt know it would be such a bit hit with us. I think anal soon to be aenovo-?- is trying to make their move into the bigshot table.

Jebus says stable ics will come to the n7a it will come

I hope they at least Keep the anal part of their name, Good lordly knows I can't enjoy life without a little anal.

Looks to be the same thing as the Advanced but with a better screen. It's an Allwinner A10 SoC with Cortex A8 processor and Mali 400 GPU just like the Advanced. I'd bet money that ICS version would be identical for this tablet and the Advanced. This is a very good thing IMHO.

I also bet that this is the same as the previously announced Aurora. FWIW, I really like the name Aurora a lot more. Really. It sounds waaaay better than...Ainol Elf :lol:

What I am hoping for is that we can do a Franklin Ainol, swap out the n7a screen with the IPS from this "ELF" edition and we good to go.

Also, common sense tells me that it is very un-economical to invest time and money in software if all you are changing is the screen. I say there is a 95% ICS will be coming to n7a.

#8 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

LMFAO

What do you get if you give an ainol elf laxitives?

I have no idea, but it might be a *shiny christmas....:)
AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

#9 maine_fungi

maine_fungi

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

You are right... Looks like the Elf has the same main processor and GPU as other things in common the Advanced. Only significant difference is the screen.

If this is true, and if the Elf is going to release with ICS 4.0... Seems like an official release of ICS for Advanced would be available very soon. The common features would allow Ainol to support the Advanced while still embracing the newer model. In fact, this seems to be true of the other new tablets in the mix as well.

Furthermore, if not official ICS comes to the Advanced it seems like a IMG from the Elf should be able to be easily modified with the "Advanced" screen drivers. Either way we still win.

-Ryan

#10 tabcrazE

tabcrazE

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition Android 4.0 Tablet PC Package Contains:

* 1 x Onda VI40 Tablet PC--
* 1 x Earphone
* 1 x USB cable
* 1 x Charger
* 1 x User manual

#11 maine_fungi

maine_fungi

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

* 1 x Onda VI40 Tablet PC--
* 1 x Earphone
* 1 x USB cable
* 1 x Charger
* 1 x User manual

Guess it is a good thing "Specifications are subject to change without notice." LOL

#12 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Guess it is a good thing "Specifications are subject to change without notice." LOL

Copy/Paste Error? Oh Good Lord... LOL
  • gboi likes this

#13 ramabg

ramabg

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Ainol's latest model the Novo 7 Elf IPS Edition is now available. The Advanced and Basic were rumored to be discontinued and it appear that they really will be: Announcement

Tablet improves on Paladin with faster Cortex A8 1.5GHz CPU, IPS Capacitive, add web camera.

Novo7 Elf Product Page

current firmware running on 1.0GHz ? :lol:

#14 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

That's what it looks like. Looks like they focusing on the faster cortex 10 tabs.

It is the SAME EXACT CHIP as the Novo 7 Advanced...

The only thing different is the screen technology/resolution and the casing...

And watch... it will only be running at 1.0 Ghz...

-Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#15 ark940

ark940

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm wondered why product life cycle is so short. Is there component for any service repair for N7A later?

-Roman

I agree with you ;)

#16 rishabh

rishabh

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

1 x Onda VI40 Tablet PC
1 x Earphone
1 x USB cable
1 x Charger

this onda v140 is different from ainol novo 7 . i think it is just a rumour . and one more thing pandawill and merimobiles are offering paladin at 110 $ . whereas chinagrabber is offering at 138 $ .
and there is 1 more seller that is offering elf

http://gadgetgreats....-novo7-elf.aspx

#17 annunaki

annunaki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

-Roman

Thank you Roman.

I'd pay the extra few dollars for bluetooth, GPS and full size USB port. Heck, scratch the USB if at least the bluetooth and GPS were there. I hate attaching stuff to a tablet. Kind of takes away from the, uh, tablet-ness.

Would be so nice to mount this in the windshield, run Torque around town, GPS mapping if in an unfamiliar area (happens often in Tokyo). Bring it in the house, connect to bt mouse/keyboard for facebook, web browsing on the 50" Plasma connected to HDMI.

I already do this with the Acer A500. I just really like the 7" screen for its portability and lightness. Much more handy overall. The 10" screens are just too heavy and bulky for everyday casual usage IMHO.
Posted Image

#18 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

The Onda VI40 is a 9.7", A10 (1.5GHz CPU) with 8GB and 1 GB DDR3 memory and is very different from the Novo 7. The screen is 5 or 10 point multitouch, depend from what source you'll buy. There different manufacturers.

The selling price via AliExpress starts by USD$ 190.00 (look at Tablet PC/9.7"/Android4.0, 9 different entries at the moment)

I planning to buy for my own use.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#19 CZaryfuk

CZaryfuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

1 x Onda VI40 Tablet PC
1 x Earphone
1 x USB cable
1 x Charger

this onda v140 is different from ainol novo 7 . i think it is just a rumour . and one more thing pandawill and merimobiles are offering paladin at 110 $ . whereas chinagrabber is offering at 138 $ .
and there is 1 more seller that is offering elf

http://gadgetgreats....-novo7-elf.aspx

Hi all.Send a link to Ainol NOVO7 Elf.Price only 150 dollars :-)
http://pricedinchina...-novo7-elf.aspx

#20 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

annunaki: Teather it to the gps in your phone, if you have one. That's what I've been doing, and it works fine - both with offline maps and google navigate (which uses the 3G in the phone). $2 piece of software and you're good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users