• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

I lost root, and it won't apply. I thought pandigital was hacker friendly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

#2 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

I got new super nova for Christmas and it is not user friendly...
Already lost wifi mac ip address, shows all zero's Pandigital no help....

Edited by 1gello, 30 December 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#3 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

NAh never hacker friendly. Roots failry easy but locked recovery, possibley locked GUI. Still performance wise it makes up for some inflexibility. I gave their support kind of a bum rap. They actually are starting to get aggressive on the no wifi fix.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#4 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

I got new super nova for Christmas and it is not user friendly...
Already lost wifi mac ip address, shows all zero's Pandigital no help....

I had that happen. Fixed it with a factory reset.

Sent from my Supernova using Tapatalk

#5 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

I had that happen. Fixed it with a factory reset.

Sent from my Supernova using Tapatalk

I've had to Factory Reset this joint about 5 times that't after unrooting it and uninstalling GingerBreak and SuperUser. I have uninstalled MyWifi and Re-Installed it twice from a backup .apk. After rebooting it seems to work ok, but then once I power down and power back up it will not reconnect. I have three of these PD_SN_DLX and I've rooted two of them but all three are having Wifi issues. So I don't think the Rooting has anything to do with it directly. I have now unrooted the two tablets, still got the market and netflix and everything else I wanted on it working without rooting it. But the WIFI is intermittent and that sux.

AJ

#6 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

What version of market do you have?

#7 itsmewhoelse

itsmewhoelse

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

NAh never hacker friendly. Roots failry easy but locked recovery, possibley locked GUI. Still performance wise it makes up for some inflexibility. I gave their support kind of a bum rap. They actually are starting to get aggressive on the no wifi fix.

What do you mean by locked recovery and possibly locked GUI?

I think I got the 1 in a 1000 that has no issues. lol My PDSN has worked "as advertised" since I turned it on.

The Novel I got my Brother, now that's a different story. I feel ashamed for getting him something that bad.
Pandigital SuperNova DLX
R80B455 8"

#8 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

What do you mean by locked recovery and possibly locked GUI?

I think I got the 1 in a 1000 that has no issues. lol My PDSN has worked "as advertised" since I turned it on.

The Novel I got my Brother, now that's a different story. I feel ashamed for getting him something that bad.

There is no recovery, it will only flash their signed files. So far I have not been able to get it to accept any CWM recovery version. With the GUI, we have tried to customize the appearance, but beyond the boot animation any changes we make to the SystemUI.apk the tablet crashed. Still messing with it though. But customization is why i get tablets where other people just like them the way they are. The mod I posted awhile back really makes the pad sing, though. Tipstir knows his stuff.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#9 itsmewhoelse

itsmewhoelse

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

There is no recovery, it will only flash their signed files. So far I have not been able to get it to accept any CWM recovery version. With the GUI, we have tried to customize the appearance, but beyond the boot animation any changes we make to the SystemUI.apk the tablet crashed. Still messing with it though. But customization is why i get tablets where other people just like them the way they are. The mod I posted awhile back really makes the pad sing, though. Tipstir knows his stuff.

I'm, not yet, understanding how and why some mods can be made and some not, if the device is rooted. It's like on the Novel, I can install some apps, and some not. It "seems" to be related to where I dl them from. But, hey, at least I managed to turn it into a flashlight. lol

It's like Android versions. I upgraded the Novel to 2.6.27, yet I can't find find that listed anywhere as a version. So what is it?

BTW, what is CWM?

Edited by itsmewhoelse, 31 December 2011 - 12:41 PM.

Pandigital SuperNova DLX
R80B455 8"

#10 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

I did three resets and three flashes & the update will not take. I did find a blue recovery by accident.

#11 1gello

1gello

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Is there any way to get WiFi to start working, or should I jump up and down on it.

#12 robang

robang

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Mine is doing the same thing. Lost wi-fi after 2 days and have done anything I can think of to get it back!! Called support and am waiting for an answer. I just don't know what to do with it!You would think they would put up a bulletin on their website letting us know what to do or how to fix it.

Angela

I've had to Factory Reset this joint about 5 times that't after unrooting it and uninstalling GingerBreak and SuperUser. I have uninstalled MyWifi and Re-Installed it twice from a backup .apk. After rebooting it seems to work ok, but then once I power down and power back up it will not reconnect. I have three of these PD_SN_DLX and I've rooted two of them but all three are having Wifi issues. So I don't think the Rooting has anything to do with it directly. I have now unrooted the two tablets, still got the market and netflix and everything else I wanted on it working without rooting it. But the WIFI is intermittent and that sux.

AJ

Factory reset didn't work for me either. Not only that but after you do that you have to reload everything.

Is there any way to get WiFi to start working, or should I jump up and down on it.

lol. I feel the same way. what do we do with this thing?!!!

#13 itsmewhoelse

itsmewhoelse

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I did three resets and three flashes & the update will not take. I did find a blue recovery by accident.

I'm still a n00b, so I don't know if this applies, but...when I upgraded the Novel I had the same issue. Then I tried NOT clicking on the OK button on my desktop and unplugging the USB cable instead. The device switched off, and did not restart by itself. So, then, I held the volume + and the power button for about 5 seconds and let go. In about 30-45 seconds the screen came on and I saw the blue updating bar on the bottom...for the first time. lol
Pandigital SuperNova DLX
R80B455 8"

#14 sam hill

sam hill

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I bought a supernova a couple of weeks ago and there is a firmware update available but it won't install correctly. I currently have FW ver. 11172011 and the update is for ver. 11182011. The update file downloads fine and the SN then reboots and goes to the screen with the white open box, the android, and the gold progress bar. The progress bar will eventually get to about 70% complete, but then the boot process continues and the update doesn't install. I still have the 11172011. I've also tried the Volume+ and Power switches several times too but no win. This is a pretty much stock, non rooted SN. I put LookOut AV on it but that's about it so far. Any ideas?

thanks

#15 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

I bought a supernova a couple of weeks ago and there is a firmware update available but it won't install correctly. I currently have FW ver. 11172011 and the update is for ver. 11182011. The update file downloads fine and the SN then reboots and goes to the screen with the white open box, the android, and the gold progress bar. The progress bar will eventually get to about 70% complete, but then the boot process continues and the update doesn't install. I still have the 11172011. I've also tried the Volume+ and Power switches several times too but no win. This is a pretty much stock, non rooted SN. I put LookOut AV on it but that's about it so far. Any ideas?

thanks

The bar going to about 70% and then continuing boot is normal

After an update your system will look the same, but you will have lost root , if you have done that. Some older firmware will do a complete wipe, but flashing to a new version doesn't really change anything. The way to tell is it shows the revision on the bottom of the screen when the white screen is loading. Is it prompting you to update from the firmware tool?

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#16 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

thanks

Where did you find the 11182011 update, can you post a link??

#17 sam hill

sam hill

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

The bar going to about 70% and then continuing boot is normal

After an update your system will look the same, but you will have lost root , if you have done that. Some older firmware will do a complete wipe, but flashing to a new version doesn't really change anything. The way to tell is it shows the revision on the bottom of the screen when the white screen is loading. Is it prompting you to update from the firmware tool?

Thanks for the reply. This is a fairly new, non-rooted, basically stock, SuperNova. Yes, the firmware tool says I have an update from ver. 11172011 to ver. 11182011. I click to continue the download, the file is downloaded and verified, and the tablet reboots. The firmware version number shown at the bottom of the white screen at start-up doesn't show the updated revision number after boot. It still reads 11172011. The fw update file that is downloaded is named IR80_S_AZ_W_A_A_1182011.zip (122 mb) and resides on the sd card. Also, the -settings--about device- verifies that the 11172011 fw hasn't updated. Just trying to figure out why it's not updating. thx

Edited by sam hill, 01 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#18 sam hill

sam hill

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Where did you find the 11182011 update, can you post a link??

I don't have a link, sorry. There's a firmware update app on the supernova and that's the version number that it says is available.

#19 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

I don't have a link, sorry. There's a firmware update app on the supernova and that's the version number that it says is available.

Ok I just resetted my SN for the umteenth time and now the WIFI is working let me try the FW Update......

Update....

Just tried the FW Update and it told me the 11172011 version was the most updated version available. Therefore I have the most recent version =( so they say.

Edited by AlreadyJones, 01 January 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#20 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the reply. This is a fairly new, non-rooted, basically stock, SuperNova. Yes, the firmware tool says I have an update from ver. 11172011 to ver. 11182011. I click to continue the download, the file is downloaded and verified, and the tablet reboots. The firmware version number shown at the bottom of the white screen at start-up doesn't show the updated revision number after boot. It still reads 11172011. The fw update file that is downloaded is named IR80_S_AZ_W_A_A_1182011.zip (122 mb) and resides on the sd card. Also, the -settings--about device- verifies that the 11172011 fw hasn't updated. Just trying to figure out why it's not updating. thx

Ok I think you just have a glitch in your updater, The firmware files wikl sometines have a name that is different than what they actually are. For example when I donwloaded the 01122012 test file, when it installed it said it was 12152011

Ok I just resetted my SN for the umteenth time and now the WIFI is working let me try the FW Update......

Update....

Just tried the FW Update and it told me the 11172011 version was the most updated version available. Therefore I have the most recent version =( so they say.

There are many different version we share, but the BN and AZ are two different ones the pads stick by default. You probably have a pad with the BN firmware.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock