• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:30 AM

Original Black Pandigital OP15 Novel running Go Launcher..... :yahoo:

Attached File  vnc1.JPG   73.76KB   455 downloads

Attached File  vnc3.JPG   63.17KB   410 downloads

Attached File  21market.jpg   143.29KB   305 downloads

Stay Tuned

Edited by terminander, 07 January 2012 - 05:49 AM.

• pauljulian and Hipio like this
Live is not the breath you take, but the moments that take you breath away. Country singer George Strait

#2 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

Well people, we asked for Donuts and got an Eclair.

Thanks to Pandigital for releasing a new R70F200, we have a hardware compatible Android 2.1 FW. The F200 has 256megs and runs at 800MHz, so I had no luck running it's 2.6.29 kernel, but the rest of the file system is 100% compatible. (Thanks to the guys that screwed up their F200s and got me working on this.) Edca2002 and I have worked out a few bugs and you might be surprised.

This Firmware is for the Original Black 1.5 Novel Not the R70F200

Eclair google_OP21_15v1.0_S64N_SLST_KOBO_BB_20101104.dat (Market Version)
http://www.mediafire...6j1zo53tgyiwv3w

Just rename to S64N_SLST_KOBO_BB_20101104.dat or use normal naming conventions. See Market Note below.

Eclair beta 2.1 OP21-15B1.0_S64N_SLST_KOBO_BB_20101104.dat (unlocked and rooted only)

http://www.mediafire...xkbj1fjvsg81fo9

Just remove the first 12 letters or use normal naming conventions to flash. You should have no problems reflashing any other firmware again

Working:
2D Graphics
Movies
Sound
WiFi
Rotation
Sleep
USB-PC drives
ADB

Not Working:
3D Graphics (may never work without 2.6.29 kernel)

In the Works:
Market and Google apps. (partially done)
Apps to SD (now that there are thousands of apps )
Swap Partition

Market:

Market as of this summer is a little flacky with clockwox modded framework, but follow these steps.

Flash firmware and set date, etc.

Log into Market. Market will reset a few times, so restart Market and you will get finished. Market will load with No Matching Content, close. Wait about 5 min. and Market will update itself.

Set your date back one day. Start Market and it should be fine. Download something. It should work fine.

Reset you date and start Market. It should work.

Note: I have put some of the Google Apps in /data/app where they could be removed by Manage Apps under Settings.

CarDock, com.amazon.mp3, Facebook, GenieWidget, GoogleGoggles, PassionQuickOffice

Enjoy.... :yahoo:

Edited by terminander, 07 January 2012 - 06:15 AM.

• jtintle, pauljulian, AndNewb and 3 others like this
Live is not the breath you take, but the moments that take you breath away. Country singer George Strait

#3 pdiddles03

pdiddles03

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

Holy heck! I just replied to a thread that it's not possible. You're my hero!

#4 maso321

maso321

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

wow your amazing!!!

#5 donAlli

donAlli

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

OK, already asked elsewhere, but I'd like to hear what da terminader has to say. Are you familiar with a os 2.1 build without softkeys?

#6 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

@ donAlli

This would be the wrong thread for that question. We will need to keep firmware and questions for OP15 and OP21 seperate.

Today there is no OP21 flash without softkeys. That said, how will you activate Back, Menu and Home?

But please post under the OP21 flash thread.

#7 donAlli

donAlli

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

Not sure where the OP21 thread is, there's a few.. But anyway, I would imagine you'd use button savior and the volume hack no? That's what I'm using now on the pandigital downgraded to 15.. Point me to the right thread and we can talk there though.

#8 cybersaga

cybersaga

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

That's fantastic! Quite coincidental that I haven't checked this forum in months and I just happened to check about this very thing today!

#9 crythreetears

crythreetears

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Ohhhh yes! I'm so excited now.
Received my first Pandigital Novel for Christmas, what a great gift!
All the updates make it even better.

#10 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

It's here...

Firmware in second post
  • pauljulian likes this

#11 pdiddles03

pdiddles03

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

So does this mean angry birds on my bpdn? and How does it work with 128 megs?

#12 maso321

maso321

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

I WILL BE RUNNING IN APROX 10 MINS 111 I CANT WAIT!!!! THANK YOU I HAD NOTHING TO GIVE MY MOM FOR CHRISTMAS AND SHE LOOKED SO BUMMED WHEN I SHOWED HER WHAT YOU GUYS HELPED ME DO TO MY PLANET !! NOW SHE TOO CAN HAVE A BETTER THEN 1.5 TABLET !! THANK You man thank you !!!

#13 edca2002

edca2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Terminander you rock!

#14 maso321

maso321

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

got it running with go launcher also i played a round of angry birds rio !!! very slow at first but the tablet caught up some what pretty coool toooo see that !!!!!

#15 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

terminander:
Been awhile since we have connected. Got Nova and Planet models and been hanging out in those forums for awhile now.

Anyways; I just installed the 2.1 update on a cracked screen BPDN (only a small crack in very upper left corner) and started to play with it some. At first the system took a long time to load apps but with 2 or 3 reboots it seems to have gotten better. I forgot to blow off the PD_Novel directory at first so there was some old stuff on that internal drive. After I got adb setup and the files from download copied to my sd card, I reformatted the internal PD_NOVEL drive and that made things work better as well. Then installed root explorer from the download file folder and deleted several of the memory hogs from /system/app directory. After that reinstalled then so they got could be loaded to /data/app folder. Sort of spread the things around to make sure there was room for everything to load. No idea if that helps but it might be a good way to open /system/app folder to keep from having out of memory problems.

In process of trying to get Amazon Market on the device now and see if that works knowing Google Android Market and Google apps are yet to install properly.

Wonderful new way to get some more out of this "old" device. I personally love the size and weight of this model and will be looking to pick up one of the OP21 R70F200 models to play with. Thanks for the great work, man!!

Edit:

Installed Amazon Appstore 2.1 and One Mobile Market 2.0 as well. Getting lots of apps and updates; things seem to be installing even on this old cracked glass device. Amazing!! Got Dolphin Browser HD 4.0, Kindle 1.1.1.9 and an update to ES Explorer 1.4.9 installed and now will be testing.The updates to many apps from One Mobile and Amazon crash but the basic apps work.

Edited by Fred, 31 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#16 pdiddles03

pdiddles03

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

I can't wait to use this one! I duno if I will have time today or anything but I'm so pumped for it! this opens a whole world of apps for us!

#17 maso321

maso321

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

can you pm list of memory hog files fred or where they are located ?

#18 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hey Fred long time. Thanks for the feed back. My touch screen is totalled.

My problem is I am really handicapped running through VNC. I'm wondering what speed and performance is compared to before. Basically 1.5 has no OpenGL, we now have 2D. I played the demo movie and it looked better. Ytube plays some files, haven't had much luck with large ones. Hoping to get SWAP going from a file, so I don't need to partition drives. That might help keep memory from fragmenting.

System/app and Data/app share the same drive, so that won't help space, just allows you to uninstall them easy. I saw a trick being used on a Froyo white novel to put apps on the sdcard, that will be a big plus, especially with all the new apps we can use.

Picked up a Nextbook 7P to replace my novel for work. Super fast running Gingerbread,and the Internet is as fast as my Asus Honeycomb (faster than my PC), but no tabs... Still miss the screen size of the Novel thou.

#19 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

The files I deleted are in the /system/app folder and are the ones that take more than 1mb of space but did not remove the u-player, facebook, B&N because in the past these have caused force close problems if moved. I first copied all the /system/app apps using root explorer to my SD Card in the directory I called download/system. Then I copied all the apps using root explorer from the /data/app folder to the same directory on my sd card. This must be done in case you mess up and want to try and get back your app without reinstalling the entire ROM. Then I deleted with root explorer the apps that I know I do not use like stock.apk and wifi settings.apk plus the memory hogs. The ones I removed and reinstalled from the sd card directory after a reboot and I suggest you consider are office, es explorer, camera/gallery, music, calculator, dictionary, importsd, weather, and email. The browser and launcher maybe moved as well if you have installed a different browser and/or launcher and got them in use.

#20 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

terminander:
I have some old screens that are cracked like the one I am using (upper left hand corner) makes the thing about 80 to 85% usable and just requires a 90 degree rotation to access any commands that lie in upper left corner of the home or app page. If you want one let me know I would be glad to share for all the great work you have done on these forums. Interested let me know by PM with the address to send one to and we will get it off to you. The BPDN's are so easy to work on and just seem to me to be a great conceptual design. Saw one of the nextbooks at Big Lots near here and it did look like a pretty good piece but I keep looking at the parts and repair stuff trying to find an item that I can rehab as I have with most of the units.

Edited by Fred, 31 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.