Touchscreen doesn't work anymore?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Relapse

Relapse

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

I upgraded to the latest firmware from Pandigital.net and now my Pandigital Multimedia Novel Android eReader isn't working right. The Touchscreen doesn't work at all now. It powers up and I can't do anything because the screen doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Please help.

#2 ke6tao

ke6tao

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

I upgraded to the latest firmware from Pandigital.net and now my Pandigital Multimedia Novel Android eReader isn't working right. The Touchscreen doesn't work at all now. It powers up and I can't do anything because the screen doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Please help.

I am in the same boat... I even flashed it back to original but the touch screen still didn't work. I'm ready to send it in for repair or toss it in the trash. To bad... I kinda liked it :(

#3 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

I am in the same boat... I even flashed it back to original but the touch screen still didn't work. I'm ready to send it in for repair or toss it in the trash. To bad... I kinda liked it :(

Did you use their upgrader? Try flashing the FW from the SD card by downloading it from their mirror site. If you don't know how to flash from the SD card, please read the WIKI on that topic.

http://www.support.m...7E_ENG_6410POP/

#4 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Did you use their upgrader? Try flashing the FW from the SD card by downloading it from their mirror site. If you don't know how to flash from the SD card, please read the WIKI on that topic.

Edit: This is for the white novel, so if you don't have that, don't flash it. If you have the R70F200 which is black, then go over to the black forum as there is some FW for it over there. Or you can go back to the parent directory to find FW for their other models.

Edited by panengineer, 02 January 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#5 ke6tao

ke6tao

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Edit: This is for the white novel, so if you don't have that, don't flash it. If you have the R70F200 which is black, then go over to the black forum as there is some FW for it over there. Or you can go back to the parent directory to find FW for their other models.

I reflashed it using the download from the mirror site... I even diconnected the battery before I flashed this time. I noticed that it keep the correct date every time I flash it even though I never get to enter it. STILL NO TOUCH SCREEN. I've noticed that the flash screen never goes all the way across before it boots... only about a 1/4 of the way. I've flashed this thing at least a dozen times now over the last 3 days and always with the same results... Don't know what else to do but to send it in or return it.

#6 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

If it is new, that is what I would do. It doesn't sound like it is really flashing, so the recovery must be corrupted. I would point you to how to use adb(android debugging bridge) to push the recovery to it, but with it being new, I would try and let them fix it. Does the PC see it through the usb cable when connected?

Edit: Someone else that was having problems getting a flash to work fully the way you describe, found he had a partially download zip file on his SD card, and an old zip file on his internal card. If you can see it through usb, make sure you don't have that problem on the internal card, or turn it off, remove the internal card and check in a card reader. Also, confirm that the name and size of the FW zip you are trying to flash match from where you downloaded.

Also, it sometimes works to remove the external card and try flashing from the internal, just be sure the zip file does not remain later and cause problems with flashing.

Finally, some have resolved flashing problems by re-formatting the SD cards, they need to be FAT22.

Edited by panengineer, 02 January 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#7 ke6tao

ke6tao

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

If it is new, that is what I would do. It doesn't sound like it is really flashing, so the recovery must be corrupted. I would point you to how to use adb(android debugging bridge) to push the recovery to it, but with it being new, I would try and let them fix it. Does the PC see it through the usb cable when connected?

Yes it does now... I got the fix (driver)for that from here the first day. Thanks for all your help

#8 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yes it does now... I got the fix (driver)for that from here the first day. Thanks for all your help

Good, then try some of my other suggestions in the edit, one of them might get you back with a good flash. It doesn't sound like your unit is flashing over the bad FW you got the first time.

#9 ortox06

ortox06

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Unfortunately, a friend of mine requested I install kewlguys alternate firmware for him since he knew I had done my WPDN. Ever since I flashed the firmware, his touchscreen doesn't work anymore.

I've reflashed with the stock SH20 firmware, I've tried downgrading to the S10 firmware. Nothing. Every time I still have no touchscreen functionality.

I figure the recovery must be corrupt, and I notice that you guys are talking about this Android Debugging bridge. I can't find the driver that ke6tao is referencing. Also, can anyone provide me with a link to use the ADB? Much appreciated.

Edit:

I think I've found what I'm looking for.

http://www.slatedroi...g-bridge-setup/

Still kind of confused as to where to get the driver?

Edit 2:

http://www.slatedroi...ndigital-novel/

I went to this thread and downloaded Nate's zip and instructions.

I'll let you know how this goes.

Edited by ortox06, 09 January 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#10 ortox06

ortox06

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

ke6tao did you ever get you novel back up and running?

I ran almost all of these recovery methods from this thread:

http://www.slatedroi...rt-2-correctly/

And once I tried reflashing with numersous firmwares, I still can't get the touchscreen to work. Any other suggestions?