• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 Zakaos

Zakaos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Choooo choooo allllll aboooard!

I'm still running the original software, waiting for all the dust to settle, running aldiko for books, n dolphin hd as a web browser, blown away by the potential of this device, have any of you who HAVE flashed already Noticed any performance increases? I'm pretty happy with this device right outta the box, I can't imagine it's potential once I flash it. Thanks again to everyone in the community for making things so clear and easy to understand

#102 berry1341

berry1341

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

So I tried it again. Redownloaded the file...changed the name by taking out the "unlocked" part... put it back on the SD card...pressed the power and volume up for 5 seconds...didnt work...still went into normal bootup. I tried this again 10 more times. Still not working. I am convinced this file does not work and must either look elsewhere or just plain give up. Hacking other things isnt as hard as this stupid thing.

#103 ron69

ron69

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

The file works for everybody but you, and you still blame the file? That doesn't make good sense.

I would start by making sure you have an R70F200.
If so then download the file in the first post of this thread.
"google_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat "-----as you can see from the name it's a .dat file not a zip file.
Then remove the "google_" and you will have S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat
copy that to your tablet...the sd card has allways worked fine for me.

unplug the usb cable, and turn off your Novel.
"Press and hold Vol+, then press and hold Power, wait 5-10 seconds, then let go of Power, wait a fat second and let go of Vol+"----My personal experience is closer than 10 seconds than 5, and I can tell when to let go of the power button because my screen flashes. I hold the Vol button for a long second and then let go.
It should then flash all by itself.

For Market just follow terminander's instructions. :

Set the time and date, turn on wifi, set up wifi, create a market acount, log into the Market, "Market will load with No Matching Content", exit the market, "Set your date back one day. Start Market and it should be fine. Download something. It should work fine. , Reset you date and start Market. It should work."

Then just enjoy your Novel and give terminander a thank you for all his hard work :)

I'm pretty sure I did this in another thread but I'm more than happy to say it again......THANKS TERMINANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Your file works perfectly! I'm so happy with my cheapo little R70F200 I went and bought 3 more for my family.

#104 berry1341

berry1341

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

The file works for everybody but you, and you still blame the file? That doesn't make good sense.

"google_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat "-----as you can see from the name it's a .dat file not a zip file.

"Press and hold Vol+, then press and hold Power, wait 5-10 seconds, then let go of Power, wait a fat second and let go of Vol+"----My personal experience is closer than 10 seconds than 5, and I can tell when to let go of the power button because my screen flashes. I hold the Vol button for a long second and then let go.

Set the time and date, turn on wifi, set up wifi, create a market acount, log into the Market, "Market will load with No Matching Content", exit the market, "Set your date back one day. Start Market and it should be fine. Download something. It should work fine. , Reset you date and start Market. It should work."

Then just enjoy your Novel and give terminander a thank you for all his hard work :)

I'm pretty sure I did this in another thread but I'm more than happy to say it again......THANKS TERMINANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Your file works perfectly! I'm so happy with my cheapo little R70F200 I went and bought 3 more for my family.

Now what YOU are not understanding is this... I can see on the forum that it is a .dat file. When I got to the mirror site to download it, it downloads and my computer recognizes it as a .gz (WINZIP FILE) By all means try to explain to me how to get my computer from changing the file from a .dat to a .gz. This is why I think I can not get it to work. I have WINZIP AND WINRAR installed on my computer. My frustration comes from everyone else being able to do it and I can not get it to work. And before you ask, YES I do have a R70F200.

#105 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok, after some trial and error I figured out how to flash it. Thanks to Ticken, post #52 on thread http://www.slatedroi...et/page__st__40

(I put the firmware file on my internal card by copying and pasting to the accessible folder when the USB cable is connected to the PC (win7x64))

1. Rename the file as instructed in the first post. Copy to SD (External or Internal but Internal worked for me on the first go)

2. Press and hold Vol+, then press and hold Power, wait 5-10 seconds, then let go of Power, wait a fat second and let go of Vol+

3. The PDN will start the flashing process (It will do so without confirmation; totally automated if you've managed to get where you should be)

When I find the appropriate GAPPS file I'll post a link also.

THANKS AGAIN TERMINANDER, TICKEN, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT IS POSTING THEIR R70F200 EXPERIENCES FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO FIND!!!

Man this is frustrating. Followed Terminander's and your instructuions to the "T" and all I get is a flicker. Then after a couple seconds dam thing reboots itself. Is your PD (R70f200 Fw-s64f_shst_op21_pd_20110920)?

#106 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

This is a flash file for the R70F200 BPDN OP21

This is not for the original BPDN OP15

unlock_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat
http://www.mediafire...33bkh9db97k3y5r

Just rename to S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat and reflash like normal.

This flash is unlocked and rooted so the file system can be updated.

You should be able to add Google Experience & Android Market files to it.

Android Market flash google_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat fixed root

http://www.mediafire...m11ldxrzmx34c6j

Just remove the "google_" and flash. This is a full reflash so all data will be lost.

Market:

Market as of this summer is a little flacky with clockwox modded framework, but follow these steps.

Flash firmware and set date, etc.

Log into Market. Market will reset a few times, so restart Market and you will get finished. Market will load with No Matching Content, close. Wait about 5 min. and Market will update itself.

Set your date back one day. Start Market and it should be fine. Download something. It should work fine.

Reset you date and start Market. It should work.

Note: I have put some of the Google Apps in /data/app where they could be removed by Manage Apps under Settings.

CarDock, com.amazon.mp3, Facebook, GenieWidget, GoogleGoggles, PassionQuickOffice

Untested as I don't own one of these babies

Thanks for all you do Terminander, just wondering how is it that you get the framework and permission files installed to get the market to work? I am rooted with z4root/my PND model is the r70f200 and my FW: RDW version 2.8.2.7 s64f_shst_op21_pd_20110920.

#107 Zakaos

Zakaos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

I finally got around to flashing this thing last night, thanks for all your hard work terminander! I had no problem doing the flash, I read your instructions, market and everything works great! Thanks again for alla the hard work evryone put into this thing
-zak

#108 raynda

raynda

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Just from my experience, I'll say that if you do have the correct model BPDN and you do have the correct file to flash to it, and if you do follow the instructions on how to flash, IT WILL STILL SEEM LIKE YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG OR MISSING SOMETHING. It's just a very touchy process, and can take a lot of button presses to actually make the flash process start.

Just keep trying, it's bound to eventually work, assuming all the ingredients are correct.

#109 raynda

raynda

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

It probably wouldn't hurt though, to make sure that you've shut the BPDN down in the way described a few posts back, with the SD card popped out. That way it's completely shut down when you're trying to power it back on to flash.

#110 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

This is a flash file for the R70F200 BPDN OP21

This is not for the original BPDN OP15

unlock_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat
http://www.mediafire...33bkh9db97k3y5r

Just rename to S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat and reflash like normal.

This flash is unlocked and rooted so the file system can be updated.

You should be able to add Google Experience & Android Market files to it.

Android Market flash google_S64F_SHST_OP21_PD_20110616.dat fixed root

http://www.mediafire...m11ldxrzmx34c6j

Just remove the "google_" and flash. This is a full reflash so all data will be lost.

Market:

Market as of this summer is a little flacky with clockwox modded framework, but follow these steps.

Flash firmware and set date, etc.

Log into Market. Market will reset a few times, so restart Market and you will get finished. Market will load with No Matching Content, close. Wait about 5 min. and Market will update itself.

Set your date back one day. Start Market and it should be fine. Download something. It should work fine.

Reset you date and start Market. It should work.

Note: I have put some of the Google Apps in /data/app where they could be removed by Manage Apps under Settings.

CarDock, com.amazon.mp3, Facebook, GenieWidget, GoogleGoggles, PassionQuickOffice

Untested as I don't own one of these babies

Well, I have made numerous attempts to flash my r70f200/S64F_SHST_OP21_PD20110920 with your informed instructions, and unfortunately my PND is not FLASHING anything. I tried flashing the internal and then the external cards and all I get is a flicker after holding power and vol-up (after a million times). I have z4root installed on it. Root works well. But if I had a to wish come true, it would be to be rooted with your .dat file and the market as well. If I am beating an old drum I do apologize I know you have better things to do. Any suggestion will be GRAND.

#111 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Great informative rant, that is what makes this forum great, even if I can't be in paradise with my PDN... but when I do. Will definitely buy a ROUND for everyone. Cheers :drinks:

#112 jtintle

jtintle

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationJacksonville,FL

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've found if you have the wrong name on the firmware, it will start to install the new one for about 3 -5 seconds then it will boot normally..I'm hoping this is the flicker you are talking about..try renaming it...
This Space for Rent

#113 mynumbistongue

mynumbistongue

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

has anyone been able to install flash player on this

#114 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

Something wonderful happened. I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO FLASH TERMINANDERS UNLOCK .DAT FILE. Except one problem. No root, cleared all my data. And my SU buddy was no where to be found. Z4MOD is my rooting option and buzybox. Google it, it works. By no means am I discrediting Term. His knowledge is grand. I will know flash Terms Google file. Crossing my fingers.

#115 jtintle

jtintle

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

has anyone been able to install flash player on this

I didn't know it was possible with 2.1 but after a quick search, found out it is possible...when I get home tonight I'll give it a shot, but my gut reaction to it would be no it wouldn't work with my old BPDN might work with the newer ones with 256 Ram
This Space for Rent

#116 Zakaos

Zakaos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

I didn't know it was possible with 2.1 but after a quick search, found out it is possible...when I get home tonight I'll give it a shot, but my gut reaction to it would be no it wouldn't work with my old BPDN might work with the newer ones with 256 Ram

Allllll right!
Lookin forward to it!

#117 Zakaos

Zakaos

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

Regarding disk full errors, is it safe to delete the .dat file after flashing? What else is safe to delete after a successful gmail/market flash?

#118 deface31337

deface31337

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNorthWest Florida

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

BUSYBOX INSTALL FAILS FOR ME. SAYS ITS ROOTED BOOT WHEN i GO TO INSTALL THERES A FAIL.

had a similar problem once. check permissions of su And sh mae sure they are 755

deface ./. vexed
Systems Administrator
WEBDEV - ITSEC - PDDEV
UNIX SECURITY
Break9 / ECCS / JoomFAQ

#119 woody41

woody41

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

Funny, with the Z4root app. I was able to install maps app. Works great. Now if I could get gmail and market and flash player Vers. 10 I'll be set.

#120 jtintle

jtintle

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

ok I won't be able to try the flash install, broke the charging pin out of my pdn, so i can't charge it until i jerry rig something up...
was going to try these 2 sites to start:
http://www.addictive...eclair-devices/
http://www.androidpi...-Eclair-Devices

hopefully someone can give it a try...
This Space for Rent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users