there is a problem parsing the package

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kpassa

Kpassa

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I ran out of memory trying to install games on my WPDN. Read about an app called APP2SD which lets you manage and run apps off of the SD card but when I tried to install it i got the error
there is a problem parsing the package. I have seen this several times. Did a search and the recommended a program like Filedroid but I couldn't get that to install either. So I
guess I am looking for 2 things:

1. A program that works on the WPDN which allows me to run my programs off of the SD card, and

2. Something that will let me insall programs without getting the there is a problem parsing the package error.

Thanks for any help and Merry Christmas :)

Edited by Kpassa, 25 December 2011 - 07:38 PM.

#2 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Not sure about whether anyone got one of those spps to SD to work on the WPDN, maybe try a search.

As for item 2, the parse error comes because you are installing an app that will only run on a higher level of android. Either find one intended for android 2.0 or below, or load one of the FWs that bumps it to 2.1 and find an app for that. There are a few beta roms on here that run higher versions of android, but none are real stable.

The easiest way to avoid the parse error is to install one of the market FW updates and use market as it will not shown apps for higher than 2.1 or just load with the slideme market.

#3 Kpassa

Kpassa

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

The easiest way to avoid the parse error is to install one of the market FW updates and use market as it will not shown apps for higher than 2.1 or just load with the slideme market.

Wow, not being able to run apps on the SD card would be pretty depressing. Thanks for the info, I will keep looking and report back if I find anything.

#4 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

Wow, not being able to run apps on the SD card would be pretty depressing. Thanks for the info, I will keep looking and report back if I find anything.

I prefer to just use a bigger internal micro SD card and let the S20 FW to install the apps there. Most apps are using the extermal SD card for data. I save the external card for movies and music and books.

#5 pierreconaway

pierreconaway

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Just trying to figure out this WPDN and see why it seems so different then the others on the market. This site looked like the best one on the web, so i thought as a newbie I would see what I could learn and share. So just want to thank everyone in advance for your help.