• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

I tried getting this on my T103 and my OS boots just fine, but I can't reboot into recovery now. Any solutions? I have tried ADB Reboot recovery... and I tried using Rom Manager Reboot into Recovery and it just hangs at the Cruz Logo and doesn't boot into recovery.

Yeah I'm having problems too with the latest CWM 5 from http://Androtab.info

Something must be wrong with the recovery img because I tried everything.

~~ VM Micro Cruz PT701/T105 Tapatalk ~~

#62 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

I tried getting this on my T103 and my OS boots just fine, but I can't reboot into recovery now. Any solutions? I have tried ADB Reboot recovery... and I tried using Rom Manager Reboot into Recovery and it just hangs at the Cruz Logo and doesn't boot into recovery.

thank you for your report!

please make sure you have T103, which can apply official 2.2 update.zip. then, this is 2nd report about "it doesn't work!". I'm sure previous ver. of CWM for T100 worked. now I realized latest one doesn't work. I'll fix this issue.

for now please reflash stock recovery. please do one of following commands,
"flash_image recovery /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak"
or
"mv /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak /system/recovery.cpio.img" then reboot once.

--
if you(all people who are using CWM) have a report about my CWM, please tell "me". I want to use my time to do development work. I don't want to use my time to find a report...

thank you for your cooperation!
http://androtab.info/

#63 enigma0456

enigma0456

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

Testing Results - Steven J Hill v0.2 rom Cruz T301 tablet - starting with froyo rooted and clockwork mod installed.
1. Did a backup using clockworkmod of my current rom.
2. Made a copy of the clockworkmod install file and named it update.zip on the sdcard (reasons why later)
3. Renamed StevenJHill rom (update.zip) to SJHv0.2.zip and copied it to the sdcard.
4. Booted into clockworkmod and chose install zip from sdcard. I chose SJHv0.2 and it installed.
5. I booted into the new rom and found I couldn't turn on the wifi - it errored out.
6. I powered of and rebooted to be sure and wifi still errored out. There was no Superuser app installed.
7. I shutdown and then restarted into recovery mode. I found that clockworkmod had been overwritten by stock recovery. Fortunately, as noted in step 2, I had a copy of the clockwork install named update.zip on the sdcard so the stock recovery installed it for me.
8. I rebooted again into recover and used clockworkmod to restore my backup. Since I stopped using apps2sd my backup restored perfectly. I can test any rom for this device and then restore my good working version as needed.

Observations for Steven J Hill -
1. Replace the stock recovery with clockworkmod - it is so much better and when we test your rom we won't have to keep reinstalling it.
2. Add the Superuser, su and busybox feature into the package - we all need it anyway.
3. Change the ugly wallpaper if not for aesthetic reasons then just so we know we've loaded a different rom.
4. Of course, figure out why the wifi is erroring out. No wifi means useless tablet (as you know of course)

Great first effort though - I watch for v0.3 so I can test that one and report back again.

Thanks!

#64 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

3. Renamed StevenJHill rom (update.zip) to SJHv0.2.zip and copied it to the sdcard.
4. Booted into clockworkmod and chose install zip from sdcard. I chose SJHv0.2 and it installed.
5. I booted into the new rom and found I couldn't turn on the wifi - it errored out.

as I wrote on my site/thread, my CWM can't handle mbr/xboot/boot area directly. there is a way to flash them, and update-binary in official update.zip may work for them, but I don't recommend to use CWM to flash official update.zip.
Steven J. Hill's v0.2 update.zip is same as official one in this context.

please make sure e.g. kernel is surely updated, or please use stock recovery to flash them.

EDIT:
btw I think here is not thread for his custom rom...

Edited by fun_, 11 January 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#65 enigma0456

enigma0456

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

as I wrote on my site/thread, my CWM can't handle mbr/xboot/boot area directly. there is a way to flash them, and update-binary in official update.zip may work for them, but I don't recommend to use CWM to flash official update.zip.
Steven J. Hill's v0.2 update.zip is same as official one in this context.

please make sure e.g. kernel is surely updated, or please use stock recovery to flash them.

EDIT:
btw I think here is not thread for his custom rom...

Ooops - you're right - I posted to the wrong thread. You have noted in several places that we shouldn't use your clockworkmod to flash other roms. I kind of understand that you are not able to restore all partitions but how exactly the recovery works is still unclear to me. Let me ask you this. If I have the froyo update from Cruz installed and I have installed your recovery and then used it to push the Superuser fix and installed my apps, etc. and I want to flash a StevenJHill rom, how can I do that except by using your recovery? As far as I can tell your recovery replaces the stock recovery. When I flash the stock Rom from Cruz or Steven's rom they both wipe out yours and put the stock back but unless I do that, yours is the only one I have available. I have used it a couple of times to restore my "good" rom and now that I'm not using apps2sd to store apps on the sdcard, it restores perfectly - at least as far as I can tell.

#66 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Ooops - you're right - I posted to the wrong thread. You have noted in several places that we shouldn't use your clockworkmod to flash other roms. I kind of understand that you are not able to restore all partitions but how exactly the recovery works is still unclear to me. Let me ask you this. If I have the froyo update from Cruz installed and I have installed your recovery and then used it to push the Superuser fix and installed my apps, etc. and I want to flash a StevenJHill rom, how can I do that except by using your recovery? As far as I can tell your recovery replaces the stock recovery. When I flash the stock Rom from Cruz or Steven's rom they both wipe out yours and put the stock back but unless I do that, yours is the only one I have available. I have used it a couple of times to restore my "good" rom and now that I'm not using apps2sd to store apps on the sdcard, it restores perfectly - at least as far as I can tell.

safest way is, for example,
(official update + CWM) -> make backup -> reflash stock recovery -> install sjhill's update.zip -> install CWM
and if you want to restore official,
(sjhill's custrom rom + CWM) -> reflash stock recovery -> install official update.zip -> install CWM -> restore backup

but, at first, please make sure what happen when you install sjhill's update.zip from my CWM. if mbr/xboot/boot areas are updated correctly, it's OK. but please don't think "works fine after install" = "CWM works fine" because (I guess) even if mbr/xboot/boot aren't updated, sjhill's system will be booted. you should check dmesg or /proc/version to check kernel is updated or not.

if it really works, "reflash stock recovery" can be skipped like as
(official update + CWM) -> make backup -> install sjhill's update.zip from CWM -> install CWM
and
(sjhill's custom rom + CWM) -> install official update.zip from CWM -> install CWM -> restore backup

if CWM can be used to install official/sjhill's update.zip, you can modify update.zip with any zip tool. if you remove stock recovery image from update.zip, CWM will not be removed. then you can
(official update + CWM) -> make backup -> install sjhill's update.zip(w/o stock recovery) from CWM
and
(sjhill's custom rom + CWM) -> install official update.zip(w/o stock recovery) from CWM -> restore backup

--
following procedure works fine on other devices, but it doesn't work with my current CWM.
original -> make backup -> install update.zip -> restore backup
because mbr/xboot/boot will be updated by update.zip but they are not backup/restored by my CWM. you'll get inconsistent system.

Edited by fun_, 12 January 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#67 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Still no CM for the T10X up at Androtab. It was pulled due to problems with the last update. Does anyone have a working copy? Sorry for the double post i just realized this was probabaly a more approiate thread to ask in...

Sent from my T100 using Tapatalk
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#68 truthrazorz

truthrazorz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

I need the "ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Velocity Micro Cruz T100" File so i can install the CWM recovery to install custom roms, CAN SOMEONE HELP!?

#69 rmgsh

rmgsh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hey guys Im new to this but I got a Velocity T301 and I updated it to The Andriod O/S 2.2 And mines is Super Fast I mean literally SUPER fast I dont know if I got lucky or what. Anyway I can watch YOUTUBE videos no problem and in HD mind you thanks to this Youtube apk i have. The other YouTube apks. Suck and dont load correctly. What I want to do is Over Clock the internal CPU via overriding the administrator settings. These companies think they are slick by keeping us from certain features by locking us out of control over settings. Then they have other models that you pay more for that the only differance really is them unlocking certain features. Perfect example has any one opened a Velcity Cruz T301?? Dude the internal Storage is JUST A MICRO SD CARD. Pop that card out and Install a 8BG card or Better and say goodbye to Bloat Problems. We probally could swap the processor for 1Ghz one as well but I just dont know how to do it. Anyway I think the best thing to do to end any all confusion for flashing , rooting etc. is plain and simple. All we need is ONE file. <-- Thumbs up a file that can be copy and pasted to an SD card. Hold the Power Button and Volume up button and load a CUSTOM install that gives FULL admins. access takes off all block so acess to markets etc can be done. I know you can CMD promt etc BUT I think a custom SD card install would be the best solution EASY AS INSTALL AND TURN ON THE DEVICE FOLLOWING THE BOOT INSTRUTIONS hold the power button and volume up button. To Be Honest that is how they program it in the first place. I have seen some of these roots on here and cmd promps that you really dont even have to do to watch flash or certain games. Again Im a NOOB so im new so be patient with me but I intend to have a FULLY FUCTIONALLY EASY INSTALL PROGRAM!! It will be Copy and Paste to the root of a SD card and Boom the Magic will happen. Wish me luck SO far I have Ice Cream 4.0 working on cruz T301 ( My test Model I use to Expierment ) watching flash movies , playing angry birds , access to andriod market and Gmail without crashing send and receive mail and texts. No luck on any other. The T301 was originally intended to be expanded and those upgrades are secret I wish I had an inside source lol If body else has any Custom SD boots let me know whats up. Good Luck !!!!!

I just bought a T301 for my son (got it cheap), where did you get ice cream 4.0 for yours? He would really like to be able to play Angry Birds and watch flash movies. Do you have a link that I can put on the SD card and load? I updated to 2.2 and then loaded SJHill's v0.3. Everything seemed to be working fine but now nothing will connect to internet and Wifi says it has excellent connection. I'm new to tablets and I am stumped!

#70 Kurt Mosiejczuk

Kurt Mosiejczuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

I just bought a T301 for my son (got it cheap), where did you get ice cream 4.0 for yours? He would really like to be able to play Angry Birds and watch flash movies. Do you have a link that I can put on the SD card and load? I updated to 2.2 and then loaded SJHill's v0.3. Everything seemed to be working fine but now nothing will connect to internet and Wifi says it has excellent connection. I'm new to tablets and I am stumped!

That was a troll post. Not real.

#71 igy

igy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

help - my t301 just goes to the Cruz screen and stays there - is there a recovery to get it unbricked - i have 8 other t301 if theres a way i can get info on sd card

#72 igy

igy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yeah I'm having problems too with the latest CWM 5 from http://Androtab.info

Something must be wrong with the recovery img because I tried everything.

~~ VM Micro Cruz PT701/T105 Tapatalk ~~

same problem here - mines from trying to get market to work

#73 bmanzana

bmanzana

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I need the "ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Velocity Micro Cruz T100" File so i can install the CWM recovery to install custom roms, CAN SOMEONE HELP!?

heres the link http://files.androta...very-signed.zip i just downloaded it from the site so i know it works i also have the zip if youd like to give me an e-mail i can send it to you, i also have the superuser.apk for that device if youd like i can send it with the cwm zip

Edited by bmanzana, 09 November 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#74 mraab16

mraab16

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

i have a cruz t301 2.2 tablet my friend gave me. i went through the correct way to install clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 on it. i finally, after so many tries, got it to mount my sd card to install superuser. im sure i probably messed with the wrong thing, but now it is stuck on the cruz logo when i boot. ive tried everything and there is no way for me to install the update.zip because of the sd card not mounting. cwm5 wont mount my emmc,sdcard,sd-ext,or usb storage. has anyone ran into this problem and found a way to uninstall cwm or something. i cant use the tablet period, nothing will function or mount on it. but ive heard from someone that cwm5 wont work on 2.2, is this true and how can i get my stock recovery back.
also, my computer will not pick my t301 up. under devices, it will show up as adb interface when tablet is in cwm5 recovery. and when i try the usb mode(power+volume-) it shows up as JZ4760 USB Device. any help?

#75 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

i have a cruz t301 2.2 tablet my friend gave me. i went through the correct way to install clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 on it. i finally, after so many tries, got it to mount my sd card to install superuser. im sure i probably messed with the wrong thing, but now it is stuck on the cruz logo when i boot. ive tried everything and there is no way for me to install the update.zip because of the sd card not mounting. cwm5 wont mount my emmc,sdcard,sd-ext,or usb storage. has anyone ran into this problem and found a way to uninstall cwm or something. i cant use the tablet period, nothing will function or mount on it. but ive heard from someone that cwm5 wont work on 2.2, is this true and how can i get my stock recovery back.
also, my computer will not pick my t301 up. under devices, it will show up as adb interface when tablet is in cwm5 recovery. and when i try the usb mode(power+volume-) it shows up as JZ4760 USB Device. any help?

Try this

Quote - rumplenelskin
A quick update. I fixed my tablet and I want to share how as I haven't seen any other posts explaining this to new-comers. Once I got my device recognized by adb I was able to 
>adb push c:\boot.img /data/boot.img
>adb push c:\system.img /data/system.img
>adb push c:\recovery.cpio.img /data/recovery.cpio.img
>adb shell
#inand_flash_image boot /data/boot.img
#inand_flash_image recovery /data/recovery.img
#inand_flash_image system /data/system.img

I got these files from the original update.zip from VM and found the recovery.cpio.img online somewhere.(google it)

This flashed me back to a working stock rom. The good news is no more brick and I can now play with confidence since if I brick it again I know how to fix it.