Photo

Cruz T10x Rooting & Market auto install UPDATED (12-24-11)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

thanx!

glad i could help. hollar if you need anything else. gonna stay on a while.
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#22 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

YEEEEE!!!!.. ive try to use your file and its WORKS!!!!THANX MAN!!!im stil on 2.0 but its work!!

#23 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

YEEEEE!!!!.. ive try to use your file and its WORKS!!!!THANX MAN!!!im stil on 2.0 but its work!!

i had sent you a PM earlier. not sure if you had seen it yet. glad it was me that helped. (kinda. me thinks you owe a beer to whomever told you that was the file you needed) The Rock is looking for the file he used to upgrade his Cruz. maybe the sig isn't busted on his file. we might be able to get to 2.2 w/o waiting on hold for 2 hours after all... good news!

**cant even get this thing to update to 2.2. UGH! makes me wanna punch a baby!! does anyone out there have an older update to 2.2 zip?

Edited by Zzz73, 26 December 2011 - 05:29 PM.

- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#24 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

i have update.zip downloaded ~month ago. and im use this file to update my mom's cruze. its works fine. but with my cruz- failed. so... a don't know what to do....

#25 grif

grif

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Does the tablet have to be rooted for the gapps or the Turbo to work? And do I use a computer for this? And if so,could you please link an adb I'm running 2.2 froyo on vm Cruz T103.

I get the exact same results on same tablet. Ive tried the .bat provided and have tried manually too. same results both ways. did i ever get Market to run?

#26 kithauler

kithauler

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Well the contacts.apk got froma another site you need that to run textfree it doesn't have a phone book bulit in. TouchPal.apk from this site everyone seems to like it and it does work preety good. Kickback.apk was updated off the market so I just put it in this update

OK, great, thanks for the info.

#27 crywolf203

crywolf203

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

while trying to install busybox it says
"no space left on device"
but there is plenty off space because there is nothing on it! help!

#28 slate24

slate24

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

I tryed this process seems like i got the apps but, i didnt get rooted. I dont see super user anywhere. Ran the program twice. Can anyone help?

Thanks

#29 mrgwool

mrgwool

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I am also trying to root my t103 and I get stuck copying this line "echo "root::0:0:root:/data/local:/system/bin/sh">/system/etc/passwd".
It says not found. All the lines before it work. All the lines after say not found. I am using windows 7 64bit.

Thanks for all your help.

#30 irish_711

irish_711

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Everything worked great, even root. All I had to do was download SuperUser app from the market.

Big thanks the the rock, and everyone else who contributed to opening up this tablet!

Sent from my T105 using Tapatalk

#31 soulrepo

soulrepo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hello all,
Wanted to let everyone know that I have writen a program to do everything that is on this site to root & install market apps. Thanks to everyone here posting all the info needed to do this. You need to be on Froyo 2.2 to run this program

UPDATE I fixed the rooting problem. Also added TextFree app so you can get a phone number to send/receive text from anyone. Plus Google Contacts to store name numbers emails address ect. And added TouchPal Keyboard app.

PLEASE let me know if anything else should be ADDED or FIXED.

Here are the following thing it can to.

Rooting (working)
Dalvik Turbo (working)
Uninstall Bloat Apps (working)
Install Gapps, Market & EXTRAS (working)
Update Rom (working)

All are menu driving to make it a lot easier. Just place the Cruz directory in your c:\ open c:\Cruz and run CruzTableT10x.bat to start

You can download the file at: http://www.mediafire.com/?zv726r6bxnae8ov

The Rock

i could just be stupid but in my C; drive i cant find any folder named cruz are you referring to the download link you provided whick is named cruz? i tried downloading it directly to the C: drive but that didnt work either what am i doing wrong?

#32 sirhossington

sirhossington

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

i could just be stupid but in my C; drive i cant find any folder named cruz are you referring to the download link you provided whick is named cruz? i tried downloading it directly to the C: drive but that didnt work either what am i doing wrong?

Hey Soulrepo, I thought the same thing. I think he means just put it in your drive that the Cruz shows up as when you have the SD card in the tablet and the tablet USB connected to your comp. That's how I've gotten it to work. So, just put the CRUZ directory from the download into your SD card and then run it from there.

That being said, I have been able to get the root/turbo/some of the uninstall apps to work, but I have NOT been able to get any of the Gapps to work. When i run the tool, the green blank screen pops up, nothing happens, and then my tablet freezes and has to be reset. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#33 sirhossington

sirhossington

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

I've gotten a little farther, but get stuck here when trying to install Gapps. I have been able to install facebook/twitter.

Here is the image:

http://imgur.com/O5eFZ

Attached Files

#34 rmgsh

rmgsh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm VERY new to tablets!! A few weeks ago my mother bought a T301 for $59, so I went and got one for my son (age 9) for his birthday. I have learned really quick why this tablet was so cheap. Now, don't get me wrong, I knew I was not getting anything near a Galaxy Tab or Apple iPad but I wanted something cheap enough for a 9 year old to play with and not have to worry about him messing it up.

Now, here are my questions. After looking several places on here, READING EVERYTHING I could find about the T301, and trying somethings out; I finally installed SJHill's Rom on my son's and on my mother's Cyanogen 6. If anyone has tried these, would you recommend staying with them or going back to original settings and simply doing what is described here. My goal is to have a functional tablet that will play games, read books, and show movies. I need all the suggestions/recommendations I can get! I figure I have made my purchase, so I want to make the best of what I got!!

BTW, does anyone know of an app that works on this tablet that will play movies (FREE MOVIES)?

(I'm pretty good at following directions as long as you don't use tech savvy words :D )

#35 cruzinguy

cruzinguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I got everything installed but market still wont work just crashes any idea?

#36 raffivegas

raffivegas

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

so out of this list:

Rooting (working)
Dalvik Turbo (working)
Update Rom (working)

I did the root, davlik turbo, and install apps n extras. I haven't updated the Rom. What does updating the Rom do? Do I need to do it? Everything else went well, I have GPlay on the tab now, however, I can't install Nook Reader. I've tried all of the older versions, none will install. Do I need to update the rom? Thanks.

#37 heatherk

heatherk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Rock.

I now have market working on my Cruz 103, but it doesn't have hardly any apps. For instance, when I click on games, it only show 1 (Solitaire, by MobilityWare). If I search for "games free", it only displays 35 results (even though it says 115579 results at the top). Is this just a restriction of the froyo OS/no flash? Are there really only that few of games for this OS without flash?

Anyway, thanks man! Great help! I followed these instructions before you put them into a simple executable format, but I think that I did something wrong as my tablet kept freezing after that. So I just got around to following up, and I set the ROM back to factory using the 2.2 ROM from the manufacturer, and then used your executable to root, install the dalvik turbo, clean out the bloatware, and install market and facebook, and it all seems to be working much better now :). Even if it can't get all of the apps that I want on it, hopefully I will be able to use it now!

-Heather

#38 heatherk

heatherk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

so out of this list:

Rooting (working)
Dalvik Turbo (working)
Update Rom (working)

I did the root, davlik turbo, and install apps n extras. I haven't updated the Rom. What does updating the Rom do? Do I need to do it? Everything else went well, I have GPlay on the tab now, however, I can't install Nook Reader. I've tried all of the older versions, none will install. Do I need to update the rom? Thanks.

Hi raffivegas, I'm new to android and especially new to rooting issues, but I am not new to development or to configuring other types of systems. From what I understand, you only need to update your ROM if it's not at 2.2 (as The Rock stated in his intro post, these instructions are expecting an updated 2.2 (Froyo) Android OS to work; I think that he included updating the ROM under the automated executable part as an extra favor to people who may not have 2.2 installed. You still need to download the ROM onto a SD drive from somewhere else; for factory updating of Cruz tablets, the downloads can (currently) be found here: http://cruzsupport.v...folderID=118198). Also, updating the ROM should always take place first, as it overwrites everything else back to factory settings, or whatever settings the ROM you are updating to specifies. So everything else: rooting, installing/uninstalling apps, etc., definitely needs to go after updating the ROM.

I haven't tried installing the nook reader so I can't help you with that, sorry. Good luck, and if you figure it out let people know!

-HeatherK

#39 R1Kirby

R1Kirby

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

I downloaded the program. How does one go about placing it in the Cruz directory in your c:\ open c:\Cruz ?

Step by step would help. Thanks

#40 tehsux88

tehsux88

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

I downloaded the program. How does one go about placing it in the Cruz directory in your c:\ open c:\Cruz ?

Step by step would help. Thanks

Hey there!

First of all, thanks Rock for making this possible! Just picked up one of these things used and this has been a life saver! However, I am still having issues getting the market on here :/

Secondly, to answer the question above... what are you referring to?

1) Download WinRAR
2) Download SuperOneClick
3) Install WinRAR
4) Extract Contents of the rar file you downloaded to C:\Cruz
5) Extract Contents of SuperOneClick
6) Connect your tablet via USB
7) Open SuperOneClick (Right click, run as Administrator if using Windows Vista, 7, or 8)
8) Click "Shell Root" or "Root" (Note: This doesn't matter but do it to install an ADB driver)
9) SuperOneClick will inform you there is no ADB driver installed -- It will ask you to install one. Click yes.
10) Disconnect, reconnect the tablet.
11) Open the "CruzTableT10x" file by double-clicking.
12) Follow the steps in that file :)