Photo

Cruz T10x Rooting & Market auto install UPDATED (12-24-11)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 The Rock

The Rock

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hello all,
Wanted to let everyone know that I have writen a program to do everything that is on this site to root & install market apps. Thanks to everyone here posting all the info needed to do this. You need to be on Froyo 2.2 to run this program

UPDATE I fixed the rooting problem. Also added TextFree app so you can get a phone number to send/receive text from anyone. Plus Google Contacts to store name numbers emails address ect. And added TouchPal Keyboard app.

PLEASE let me know if anything else should be ADDED or FIXED.

Here are the following thing it can to.

Rooting (working)
Dalvik Turbo (working)
Uninstall Bloat Apps (working)
Install Gapps, Market & EXTRAS (working)
Update Rom (working)

All are menu driving to make it a lot easier. Just place the Cruz directory in your c:\ open c:\Cruz and run CruzTableT10x.bat to start

You can download the file at: http://www.mediafire.com/?zv726r6bxnae8ov

The Rock

Edited by The Rock, 26 December 2011 - 04:01 PM.

• feyerbrand and heatherk like this

#2 the720k

the720k

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Very cool! I have already manually performed all these on my tablet, but will try it out the next time I need to do a factory reset.

Newbies, use this. Looks like it will save a lot of time!

Sent from my T104 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#3 mek

mek

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

download link doesnt work do you have another link cant wait to run on my cruz T301

#4 lxskllr

lxskllr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

The link works for me. Try it again.

Posted Image

#5 mek

mek

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

The link works for me. Try it again.

got it working google chrome was blocking it for some reason opera downloaded wihout problem works perfect having the market app is great

#6 beerpressure

beerpressure

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Just tried this. It uninstalled the stuff I wanted fine, but none of the Gapps were installed even though it said success.... ?

#7 The Rock

The Rock

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

Just tried this. It uninstalled the stuff I wanted fine, but none of the Gapps were installed even though it said success.... ?

Did you try rebooting your tablet and install again. Plus is your tablet rooted?

#8 jdog2190

jdog2190

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Does the tablet have to be rooted for the gapps or the Turbo to work? And do I use a computer for this? And if so,could you please link an adb I'm running 2.2 froyo on vm Cruz T103.
  • grif and like this

#9 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

hi, i tried to use this soft to root and turbo my T103, and its seems to me that ive got the root, but with turbo i have an error: rm faild for /data/dalvik-cash/*.dex, No such file or directory
*dalvik-cache removed*
and after that cruze reboot and stuck on cruze logo. I tried factory reset, but still Cruze logo and nothing more. Help plz asap

#10 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

I would really like to try this method/program but I would like to hear from other users how this worked for them. Hope the poster above me finds the help the needs. :o

Sent from my pt701 using Tapatalk
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G
- Rooted/GApp'ed VM Cruz T103

#11 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

hi, could my problem happen because i tried to install Turbo on android 2.0 and if it is so, what can i do to fix my device. coud someone give me stock 2.0 firmware because when i try to update on 2.2 - i have a error
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
and now i se only CRUZ logo

#12 kithauler

kithauler

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hey The Rock,

First off, great idea to pull all of these updates into one place and automate the install. I with that I would have seen your post before manually going through the process for 3 tablets... oh well. I was looking at the apk's that you have in your package vs what was in the original t301-tools download.

Will you elaborate on where the new packages came from?
- Contacts.apk
- TouchPal.apk

Also your kickback.apk is 12KB in size and the t301-tools was only 5KB? What are the differences there, if you know?

Thanks for the work you put in to automate the process, I'm sure that it will help many others to come.

#13 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

hi, could my problem happen because i tried to install Turbo on android 2.0 and if it is so, what can i do to fix my device. coud someone give me stock 2.0 firmware because when i try to update on 2.2 - i have a error
Installation aborted.

i am getting the same error trying to update my T103. maybe something is actually wrong with the file on the site. i even tried resigning the zip file from my PC and it really didnt like that. of course, support is closed for the holidays. then there will be the droves of ppl calling this coming week who got these as x-mas gifts. might be a few days before i (we) can get any official support. unless anyone out there has an update to 2.2 file they're willing to post... until i get this thing on Froyo i am going to hold off on rooting/adding market. i dont need the bootloops too. let me know if you get some answers or help please.

Edited by Zzz73, 26 December 2011 - 03:29 PM.

- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G

#14 The Rock

The Rock

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hey The Rock,

First off, great idea to pull all of these updates into one place and automate the install. I with that I would have seen your post before manually going through the process for 3 tablets... oh well. I was looking at the apk's that you have in your package vs what was in the original t301-tools download.

Will you elaborate on where the new packages came from?
- Contacts.apk
- TouchPal.apk

Also your kickback.apk is 12KB in size and the t301-tools was only 5KB? What are the differences there, if you know?

Thanks for the work you put in to automate the process, I'm sure that it will help many others to come.

Well the contacts.apk got froma another site you need that to run textfree it doesn't have a phone book bulit in. TouchPal.apk from this site everyone seems to like it and it does work preety good. Kickback.apk was updated off the market so I just put it in this update

#15 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

ok. and Zzz73, can you give me libdvm.so - from stock firmware /system/lib/? Astro can copy it to the SD card

#16 The Rock

The Rock

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

Installation aborted.

Yes you must have android 2.2 installed for turbo to work. Do you have the the update file? if you do then use this file to update the tablet. Goto ROOT & UPDATE part to fix the tablet. It should work.

#17 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Yes you must have android 2.2 installed for turbo to work. Do you have the the update file? if you do then use this file to update the tablet. Goto ROOT & UPDATE part to fix the tablet. It should work.

yep i have that file update.zip
but when i try to update on 2.2 - i have a error
Installation aborted.
so if there something i can do to rollback turbo?

#18 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

ok. and Zzz73, can you give me libdvm.so - from stock firmware /system/lib/? Astro can copy it to the SD card

working on that right now.

@The Rock i have the official update zip from Cruz. isnt working. sent you a PM
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G

#19 Zzz73

Zzz73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

here ya go:

http://www.mediafire...d1cz19myo4kj1y8
- Rooted/ROMed EVO 4G

#20 plasticv

plasticv

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

here ya go:

http://www.mediafire...d1cz19myo4kj1y8

thanx!