• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 awaschka

awaschka

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

The Nova forum is becoing a mix of Nova and Supernova topics. Are they similar enough that what works on one is good for the other, or should we have a separate forum for the SN? I'm just sayin......

#2 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:22 PM

I think they should be separate. While very similar hardware wise, the root procedures are different, installing Gapps is different, and I think the GUI is locked on the Supernova. I tried a couple of different battery and icon mods and it kills the firmware. So they are different enough I think to deserve separate sub forums.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#3 bigbob_ftw

bigbob_ftw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Would like a separate forum as well. Just got a new one last night. Is there any good info on rooting it yet?

Sent from my Infuse using tapatalk

#4 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

Would like a separate forum as well. Just got a new one last night. Is there any good info on rooting it yet?

Sent from my Infuse using tapatalk

Gingerbreak 1.2 works to root.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#5 gamble61

gamble61

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

I would like to see more info on the sn as well. However i suspect that this tablet shares many of the same issues as other pd tablets.

#6 hairball

hairball

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm curious as to why the Supernova doesn't have it's own forum. Is here a reason?

#7 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

I totally agree with all you guys......'

AJ

#8 Giterdone

Giterdone

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

Me too! :clapping:
Coby Kyros MID7015 Android 2.3.3 Build# Gpad 701 20110713

Pandigital Novel Firmware SH20_20110202_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP Build Slatedroid OPDN 2.1.1

Pandigital SuperNova Android 2.3 Firmware IR80_S_KZ_W_A_A_10252011

#9 Seewolfe78

Seewolfe78

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Agree with the sentiment. I too would like to see a seperate Supernova Forum.

#10 Gizmo1926

Gizmo1926

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Would be nice to keep things clean :)

#11 Edge310

Edge310

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Let me post a few questions for this forum then if I may ( I hope your listening o wise Kairnage)

1. Has anyone got around the usb driver issue yet for the SN. even with the FW update as of 2/12. When I plug the cable in I press the button on the tablet for communication and the circle goes on for ever and ever and ever.... and I'm left with the ole' SD card side load or phone to tablet bluetooth apk.

2. I side loaded the Market version 1.82 and it does work BUT there are some files that dont appear that WILL work with the SN that youd have to side load from a phone or some that dont download correctly the 1st time and you have to keep re-DL-ing them and re-installing them till they take. they eventually do. Like BriskSaber was a pain but did work. I just wanted to know If anyone was running a higher version of the Market without any gliches and if they side loaded it like I did. I didn't root my SN. I Did a write up for it somewhere for it here on Slatedroid...Kairnage I think knows where it is but if you PM me on here I can write it up for you. or google it my name "edge310" should be somewhere there. proceed with caution and at your own risk. not liable etc etc etc

#12 Gizmo1926

Gizmo1926

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

http://www.slatedroi...va-Market-3.4.4

I share a folder on a pc and transfer with WiFi so haven't used the USB cord for awhie but will check it in a bit.

As for missing apps in the market, if the developer does not have his application set in the market for use on your device you will not be able to download it with that device. This as you have found does not mean it doesn't work on the device all the time. Google appname.apk for ones ya want that aren't allowed download, a lot are easy to find.

Edited by Gizmo1926, 13 February 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Look in your device manager when you plug in the SN. It should show up as two drives, even if the USB isn't turned on. Uninstall those drives, disconnect from the PC and reboot the PC, then reconnect when you are back up.

For market, the build.prop from the ATZ Beta 2/UOT Mod I posted a while back should fix that.

Edited by Kairnage, 13 February 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#14 davew3b

davew3b

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

I'm curious as to why the Supernova doesn't have it's own forum. Is here a reason?

I would love to see a separate SuperNova forum as well.

Just quickly, can the SN run anything above 2.3?

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

#15 tech64

tech64

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Yes, I certainly agree the supernova could use it's own subforum.

Is there any real benefit in upgrading the firmware? Mine has 9/15/2011. Everything seems to work ok, rooted, older market.
If upgrading fw loses root, I am not sure I would upgrade.

Thanks.

#16 kjw

kjw

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would also like to see a separate forum. As a non-technically minded person, it would be incredibly helpful and much less confusing to know that I'm in an area that is specifically geared devices so similar to mine. So many times I have seen something I liked but didn't persue because it didn't specifically mention my device. A forum for SN would be fantastic.

KJW

#17 HerronScott

HerronScott

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

KJW,

If you didn't notice you are in the SuperNova forum. :)

Scott