17 replies to this topic

#1 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Rooted my T410 using Gingerbreak. Now it is open and I can access the files via root explorer and uninstallroot apps. Change the .zip to .apk on attached to install and run on your T410. (Will most likely work as well on the T408.)

Attached File  GingerBreak 1.20.zip   295.24KB   177 downloads

Edited by Fred, 12 December 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

Anyone have a T408 or T410 that they have successfully added Google Apps to? Would love to get some help here so I can use my T410 to access my GMail account. Would like to get Android market operational as well but really only need GMail at this point. Tried ADB Push but can not get the /system/app folder to accept the ADB command. Get the folder secured note. Anyone have an idea how to change the folder to let ADB mount it? Thanks!!

#3 timd35b

timd35b

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Anyone have a T408 or T410 that they have successfully added Google Apps to? Would love to get some help here so I can use my T410 to access my GMail account. Would like to get Android market operational as well but really only need GMail at this point. Tried ADB Push but can not get the /system/app folder to accept the ADB command. Get the folder secured note. Anyone have an idea how to change the folder to let ADB mount it? Thanks!!

My T408 came with gmail. Well, actually a generic email app but I signed in with gmail credentials and then told it that it was a gmail acc. and voila. I am trying to get market working but not having a lot of success. Will not stop until I have it though.

#4 kantonburg

kantonburg

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

My T408 came with gmail. Well, actually a generic email app but I signed in with gmail credentials and then told it that it was a gmail acc. and voila. I am trying to get market working but not having a lot of success. Will not stop until I have it though.

I have a T408 coming Saturday (Christmas present for my daughter) and started following this thread from the first post. Count me in as one that will be trying to root and at the very least install the Android Market.

#5 insanity213

insanity213

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I have a T408 coming Saturday (Christmas present for my daughter) and started following this thread from the first post. Count me in as one that will be trying to root and at the very least install the Android Market.

Similar story here, buddy of mine has one coming for his wife for Christmas. I need to hack the GAPPS into it for him. I'm thinking gingerbreak, adb shell, remount /system rw, shove the CM7 G-Apps into /system/app, set perms then will probably need some work to the build.prop and a reboot of course. I'm hoping that's all this thing needs (and hoping the cm7 gapps work), but I've yet to have one in my hot little hands. The device looks pretty AOSPish, so it shouldn't be too tough.

#6 kantonburg

kantonburg

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Similar story here, buddy of mine has one coming for his wife for Christmas. I need to hack the GAPPS into it for him. I'm thinking gingerbreak, adb shell, remount /system rw, shove the CM7 G-Apps into /system/app, set perms then will probably need some work to the build.prop and a reboot of course. I'm hoping that's all this thing needs (and hoping the cm7 gapps work), but I've yet to have one in my hot little hands. The device looks pretty AOSPish, so it shouldn't be too tough.

Well my story has changed. See post here

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__282019

#7 timd35b

timd35b

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Rooting it is a piece of cake. Installing the market is another thing. I have been working at it for 4 weeks now and the best I have achieved is it saying it's installed but it force closes on opening. I REALLY would like to get GM on it and get rid of amazon for 2 reasons. 1. The amazon market pretty much sucks. 2. I refuse to give amazon a dime of my money, I do not like their modus operandi. But that's a viewpoint that has nothing to do with getting my 408 like I want it.

I am pretty new to nadroid, having only dealt with a WPDN and modded it with everything I could find. I am trying to find a way to get the whole system on my pc so I can break it without bricking my tablet. Anybody have ideas?

#8 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Still searching for help with getting Android Market and Google Apps running on my T410. Anyone got interest in doing this on there new T408 or T410 devices? Is there any interest in getting a new forum for these units setup? I would love to get some discussion on what works and or how people who own these units feel about their purchase. Chime in, please!!

#9 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

My T410 is an excellent device seems to be very responsive to touch and runs the apps I have installed very quickly. YouTube plays better than it has on anything else I have tried and with flash 11.1 there is no breaks or jerky video streams. Have downloaded apps on other market capable devices and transferred to the T410 so we get to use the things we want on the device. Two apps that I can not get to operate however are, GasBuddy and Kayak both of which we use often. Would like to hear if anyone has gotten these up and running on the T408 or T410 and if so what version.

#10 vanduhl

vanduhl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

Still searching for help with getting Android Market and Google Apps running on my T410. Anyone got interest in doing this on there new T408 or T410 devices? Is there any interest in getting a new forum for these units setup? I would love to get some discussion on what works and or how people who own these units feel about their purchase. Chime in, please!!

just download gapps and adb them its not that hard....its posted all around this forum if you look. its universal for all android devices

#11 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

With help from terminander (THANKS) was able to determine that the T410 (most likely the T408 as well) will allow you to modify the default.prop to accept adb use at the # level. Now to get some Market and Google apps pushed to it.

Very important to take each step one at a time and reboot after to make sure you have a working device. Do these things before trying to alter the default.prop file: clear cache, clear user data, and install fresh flash of Cruz T410 ROM.

Now install gingerbreak app and root (will reboot if you did it correctly)
Add latest root explorer app making sure you get a request to accept superuser, reboot
With root explorer access the T410 ROM, find default.prop and long press it, from the popup menu select Open in Text Editor and change the values of lines 1 to 0 and Line 3 to 1.
(have no idea why but this is what I did!) Save and exit and reboot device
Should be able to get adb to allow you to get to the # sign by typing su at the $ sign after adb shell.

Hope this helps some.

#12 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

just download gapps and adb them its not that hard....its posted all around this forum if you look. its universal for all android devices

About as helpful as hitting someone with a baseball bat so they do not feel the pain from another injury. Duh!!!

#13 Timmy M.

Timmy M.

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

I rooted by t408 with Gingerbreak, then found a youtube video with step by step instructions and a link to files for installing the entire gapp suite (on a different brand of tablet). It worked perfectly first time. I then got Titanium backup, bought the key (only 6 bucks), moved the gapp stuffs to system apps (only because I heard that may clear up problems, of which i had none but...) and all is GOLDEN! Not at my home PC but I'll post the youtube info later.

Not a bad tablet now. Now would LUV a Honeycomb ROM to give that a shot.

I saw on the 2012 CES info at Velocity Micro site that they are coming out with a 500 series (7"/10") and it says it will have Android 4 on it (of course early info on the 400 series said that it would have 3.0 and it ended up with a hacked 2.3 so...)

#14 Timmy M.

Timmy M.

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Here is the Youtube video I used to put the Market on my t408 Put Market on Tablet. The video is for a coby kyros but it work for me. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

#15 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Timmy M.

Worked perfectly. I updated the vending.apk to the version 3.2.34 and it updated the market without a problem. Now have new market, 2 Gmail accounts. maps. and translate all working well. Not sure I am getting "ALL" the apps in the market but certainly getting the ones I want. Running Netflick on the T410 is so cool!!!! Thanks for the advice and help!!

For installation of Vending 3.2.34 Just download from web and install with file manager and reboot device. Downloaded a couple free apps and it seems to give me the apps I was looking for and the new market look!!

Edited by Fred, 08 January 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#16 m4f1050

m4f1050

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I have Google Play Store 3.7.15 working on my T410 following instructions from hxxp://cruzt408hacks.webs.com/markethack.htm and then copying gplay3.7.15.apk to /system/app and installing MarketUpdater.apk

NOTE: Do not update su from 2.3.1-ef to 3.1.3, it will slow down a lot when it requires root access. You can update SuperUser but you gain nothing from doing it, so don't even bother to update that too..it will just NAG you it's not up-to-date

EDIT: And yes, I know you can turn off the nagging "outdated" notification by pressing the "i" menu item and unchecking "outdated binary notification"

Edited by m4f1050, 01 August 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Toshiba Excite 10, Toshiba Excite 10 SE (rooted), Aimson AM970 (died had spot on screen now wont turn on-trying to RMA)

#17 m4f1050

m4f1050

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

This is such a nice device...what a shame Velocity Micro turned it's back on it, there will not be an ICS update for it, already asked them.

In quadrant it scored higher than my ZT-282 C91 upgrade.. I know the ZT-282 is running ICS and maybe that's why but still, if only it had 2.3.3 I could use it as secondary monitor for my CarPC project... :(

shame shame shame

Edited by m4f1050, 13 August 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Toshiba Excite 10, Toshiba Excite 10 SE (rooted), Aimson AM970 (died had spot on screen now wont turn on-trying to RMA)

#18 m4f1050

m4f1050

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ok, one last chance at the Cruz T410... Will it or will it not switch into USB host mode? (aka OTG)

And again, I am not burning it, it's such a nice device but no support.. :(

Flash demo

Edited by m4f1050, 14 August 2012 - 06:49 PM.