Dropad A8T : What is this sexy thing? Please read and leave 2 cents.
Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:39 AM
is this baby compatible with all the firmwares for the a8? My a8 is still basically brand new, so looking to ebay that and get the T if you guys recommend it.
Please let me know, because 140 seems ridiculous for this tablet. right?
Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:06 AM
i see Bluetooth and 'visual' stereo speakers (does not mean they are in there) and the lighter plastic shell.
It seems like it is the same base model but might be the 'M7S' which needs a different bootloader. (if so the current customfirmwares are not compatible)
140 + free shipping sounds very good for that pad.
Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:12 AM
Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM
Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:41 AM
Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:27 PM
Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:37 PM
Got the file M7X_20111102-ROOT.rar from source http://www.99pad.com...-33246-1-1.html
This post has been edited by pepsican: 16 December 2011 - 01:41 PM
Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:38 PM
also, how difficult would it be to add the hardware needed for 3g? simple as soldering in a chip/antenna? is his hardware available on any of those sites? Ive been trying to navigate those sites, but i can't read chinese unfortunately.
Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:22 PM
Regarding an active community, no there isn't one.
The hardware isn't available as a seperate "addon" unfortunately, I haven't busted open my pad yet to have a look at what 3G modem is inside. The hardware is basically the same if you omit the 3G modem, all this A8T should be is an A8 with anyone of the supported modems torn down and put inside.Therefore in theory, the A8/C8 ROMS should work
This post has been edited by pepsican: 17 December 2011 - 08:02 PM
Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:32 PM
==Dropad A8T, Haipad M7X==
These are the same devices, they run Android 2.3.6 and seem very responsive.
* Download the file 20111102-ROOT.rar. (Note: I will upload somewhere else once I figure out how to do this)
* Unpack these files into the top level partition of an empty uSD card.
* Shut your tablet down
* Put the uSD card into your tablet
* Hold down the Power and Menu buttons at the same time
* The new system will be flashed.
==Getting the market to work==
Use root explorer (included in the ROM) to make the following changes to /system/build.prop
ro.build.tags=release-keys ro.sf.lcd_density=240 ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-T959V/SGH-T959V:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/VUVKJ6:user/release-keys
Then follow the changes outlined elsewhere on slatedroid to clean the market cache and reboot. You should now be able to download skype and firefox from the market.
You can change the lcd_density back to something else (I use 180) but you will lose a lot of apps from the market
Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:36 PM
My understanding is that the genesis ROM will not work on this tablet yet. The Dropad A8T is identical to the HaiPad M7S -- after installing the rooted ROM described above, the splash screen is for the HaiPad. There appears to be some quite active development going on amongst Chinese users, however I can't read their forums .
It would be great if someone with more posts than myself, could create a sub-forum of the CorTex A8 entitled "Dropad A8T/HaiPad M7S" (hint hint) as several users are mistakenly installing ROMs for the A8X and bricking their device.
Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:59 AM
Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:05 AM
1. GPS can not work, neither with papago or google map even I have already activated the GPS icon in widget menu.
2. 3G internal modem will problem can not connect to the internet when the network show 3G, but when I setting the mobile network as 2G only the internet work just fine.
3. when I am in standby mode, the internet network is down can not connect even the 3g / Edge logo still on, it will be normal work again after I turn off the 3G button on the widget menu and turn on again.
4. when I use different number with same GSM operator, one of the sim card is working, but the other one is not detected by a8t tablet, but when I used the sim card to my Samsung galaxy i5510 it work just fine??
does any one got the same problem as mine??? or maybe do you guys have solution for my problem?? and is there any body have the link for firmware for dropad A8T in english link.
Thank you ...
Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:36 PM
Can some bodey help me please.
Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:11 AM