• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Andervil12

Andervil12

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

Hey. I just came across a tablet called a dropad a8t at deal extreme for 139.99. it has a lot of extra features compared to the a8 which kinda makes me want to get it. too lazy to read back into the rules, so i dont know if im allowed to paste this...but take a look (or search a8t on dx). Dropad A8T

is this baby compatible with all the firmwares for the a8? My a8 is still basically brand new, so looking to ########### that and get the T if you guys recommend it.

Please let me know, because 140 seems ridiculous for this tablet. right?

#2 Loonix

Loonix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

hmm, lots of extra features?
i see Bluetooth and 'visual' stereo speakers (does not mean they are in there) and the lighter plastic shell.
It seems like it is the same base model but might be the 'M7S' which needs a different bootloader. (if so the current customfirmwares are not compatible)
140 + free shipping sounds very good for that pad.
7" Herotab C8 @Rajesh's ROM v1.1 Beta

#3 prontobasso

prontobasso

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

I'm also interested in this tab instead of regular a8 because it is 200 gr lighter it has a rear camera which is 2 mpx and has bluetooth. And it comes with android 2.3 out of the box But also I have wories bout updates and cfw's which are available for the regular one and are not compatible with this.

#4 itfchaos

itfchaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

That is the reason I didn't buy that one and I went with the C8 (A8) instead. There just isn't enough info available on the web about this one.
Have a broken tablet you no longer want? I'm looking for broken tablets, PM me with the tablets issue (example broken screen, fell in water, etc..) and how much you are asking for it (USD).

#5 Andervil12

Andervil12

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

so maybe not "lots" of extra features haha, but i use bluetooth a lot, so thats enough for me to prefer that one over the a8....but ONLY if the firmwares are compatible. Might have to pick it up and brick it to satisfy my interest.

#6 prontobasso

prontobasso

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

In adition it also has 4000 mAh battery instead of 3000 mAh which is a remarkable diffrence imho.

#7 pepsican

pepsican

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

The website shows that this Dropad has no 3G, but the photo in the middle of the right coumn, shows a SIM card insert. I just bought a clone of this (made by a company called "iRabbitech") in Hong Kong. It seems to be the same as a Haipad M7X

#8 adi24oradea

adi24oradea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationoradea/ romania

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

What do you say about this? http://www.pandawill...ack-p52100.html It has 3G, WIFI, BT, etc

#9 pepsican

pepsican

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

What do you say about this? http://www.pandawill...ack-p52100.html It has 3G, WIFI, BT, etc

It's exactly the same specs as what I have. Same as the Haipad M7X aswell. All these tablets (MID tablets) aare made by a company called URBETTER (http://www.urbetter.com/MID/index.asp) and basically are the same thing. Luckily I can read Chinese and on the chinese forums, this Dropad A8T is rooted already, here's the file:

M7X_20111102-ROOT.rar

Got the file M7X_20111102-ROOT.rar from source http://www.99pad.com...-33246-1-1.html

Edited by pepsican, 16 December 2011 - 01:41 PM.

• old_fart likes this

#10 Andervil12

Andervil12

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

hey pepsican....so the cfw's for the a8/c8 are not compatible with the a8t right? Do u know if theres a community that is as active as this one for the a8t/m7x?

also, how difficult would it be to add the hardware needed for 3g? simple as soldering in a chip/antenna? is his hardware available on any of those sites? Ive been trying to navigate those sites, but i can't read chinese unfortunately.

#11 pepsican

pepsican

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hi andervil,

Regarding an active community, no there isn't one.

The hardware isn't available as a seperate "addon" unfortunately, I haven't busted open my pad yet to have a look at what 3G modem is inside. The hardware is basically the same if you omit the 3G modem, all this A8T should be is an A8 with anyone of the supported modems torn down and put inside.Therefore in theory, the A8/C8 ROMS should work

Edited by pepsican, 17 December 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#12 tmolteno

tmolteno

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have one of these (from DX) and have managed to root it using the above link (after installing the 115.com app, and following some download instructions). Here are some Notes I have made so far

==Dropad A8T, Haipad M7X==

These are the same devices, they run Android 2.3.6 and seem very responsive.

==Rooting==

* Download the file 20111102-ROOT.rar. (Note: I will upload somewhere else once I figure out how to do this)
* Unpack these files into the top level partition of an empty uSD card.
* Shut your tablet down
* Put the uSD card into your tablet
* Hold down the Power and Menu buttons at the same time
* The new system will be flashed.

==Getting the market to work==

Use root explorer (included in the ROM) to make the following changes to /system/build.prop

ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-T959V/SGH-T959V:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/VUVKJ6:user/release-keys

Then follow the changes outlined elsewhere on slatedroid to clean the market cache and reboot. You should now be able to download skype and firefox from the market.

You can change the lcd_density back to something else (I use 180) but you will lose a lot of apps from the market

#13 NeurOSick

NeurOSick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Custom ROMS like Genesis and tsunami work on this tablet?
NeurOSick
CUBE U30GT2 - Rockchip RK3188
Dropad A8 - Cortex A8
I support ;Tuen VonDroid & FMA

#14 tmolteno

tmolteno

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Custom ROMS like Genesis and tsunami work on this tablet?

My understanding is that the genesis ROM will not work on this tablet yet. The Dropad A8T is identical to the HaiPad M7S -- after installing the rooted ROM described above, the splash screen is for the HaiPad. There appears to be some quite active development going on amongst Chinese users, however I can't read their forums :(.

It would be great if someone with more posts than myself, could create a sub-forum of the CorTex A8 entitled "Dropad A8T/HaiPad M7S" (hint hint) as several users are mistakenly installing ROMs for the A8X and bricking their device.

#15 f4ried

f4ried

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

I want to download firmware for dropad A8t the new one with 3G internal, can some body tell me where can I down load it, with english version of website, couse every link I know is all in Chinese language. or may be some one would like to mirror it to megaupload, ziddu or etc
  • Chevymonte70 likes this

#16 fredo138

fredo138

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

dont use auto update(in ,about tablet) you loss bluetooth

Edited by fredo138, 15 January 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#17 f4ried

f4ried

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

my dropad new A8T with 3G has arrived last Saturday, but I have trouble with
1. GPS can not work, neither with papago or google map even I have already activated the GPS icon in widget menu.
2. 3G internal modem will problem can not connect to the internet when the network show 3G, but when I setting the mobile network as 2G only the internet work just fine.
3. when I am in standby mode, the internet network is down can not connect even the 3g / Edge logo still on, it will be normal work again after I turn off the 3G button on the widget menu and turn on again.
4. when I use different number with same GSM operator, one of the sim card is working, but the other one is not detected by a8t tablet, but when I used the sim card to my Samsung galaxy i5510 it work just fine??

does any one got the same problem as mine??? or maybe do you guys have solution for my problem?? and is there any body have the link for firmware for dropad A8T in english link.

Thank you ...

#18 f4ried

f4ried

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Now my dropad getting worse, the signal is strength, the 3G/edge logo is appear, but when I open the browser an connect to internet the 3G logo sudenly dissepear and I can not acces to internet.
Can some bodey help me please.

#19 adi24oradea

adi24oradea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationoradea/ romania

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Now my dropad getting worse, the signal is strength, the 3G/edge logo is appear, but when I open the browser an connect to internet the 3G logo sudenly dissepear and I can not acces to internet.
Can some bodey help me please.

Try hard reset.....

#20 f4ried

f4ried

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

is hard reset like : "Hold down the Power and Menu buttons at the same time ???" is it save???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users