65 replies to this topic

#1 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

I've added an entry in the tablet database for the Rexing V7. Essentially this tablet is the same tablet as the Novo7 Advanced, minus the back camera and some different touch drivers. The Novo7 firmware that I tried does not work on this tablet, due to the fact it's missing the touch drivers. So my vendor has sent me a copy of the firmware for the Rexing V7, that works on the Momo9 Enhanced tablet as well.

Rexing V7 1.8 firmware:

http://www.mediafire...cj28xqs3ohd7rbc

Outside of firmware, everything else I've used from the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced forum here has worked, including the scripts from Top Notch Tablets and Tasselhoff, as well as the drivers in Roman's 1.8TUI firmware. I will try to add more information regarding this tablet as I have it. If you're looking for an Allwinner tablet that cost a few dollars less than the Ainol, then the Momo9 is priced as low as $120 on some sites with shipping, but it will likely need additional work or scripts run on it unless you are only using the tablet in Asia, specifically China where these tablets were designed to be used.

MOMO9

OK, since I've played around with the Rexing and the Momo9 enhanced I'm just going to add the information for the Momo9 here as well. As far as hardware goes (including the touchscreen) they are the same tablet evidently, because the firmware is interchangeable for each tablet. Of course apply Rexing firmware to a Momo9 at your own risk, as the manufacturers did not intend for them to be identical. I don't think it will mess up your tablet, but when I did apply some Novo 7 advanced firmware to a Rexing V7 tablet, the tablet booted and you could see the screen, but none of the touch stuff worked. Here's the Ployer downloads:

http://www.ployer.cn/downloads.asp

UPGRADING FIRMWARE:

Some discussion about installing firmware for the Momo using PhoenixUSBPro

The Eva Whacha Need software package. Contains English versions of LiveSuit and probably Phoenix too. Also has drivers that should work with the device through Android 4.0 or ICS.

Video on how to upgrade a Novo 7 Advanced (should be similar process)

Firmware for 97F2 hardware:

2.0 http://www.ployer.cn...tail.asp?id=660
Reported issues:
1. Audio delay as reported in the following post: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__282090
2. Skype not working for video

1.8 http://www.ployer.cn...tail.asp?id=655

In the link above 2.0 is available for the Ployer. If anyone knows of any bugs, please post them and I will post them in this thread.

ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.01 ANDROID!!!!! Making these some of the first ICS tablets. See Devizen's post #49

The official Ployer ICS link: http://www.ployer.cn...系统-20120113.rar

Drivers that work for ICS and probably other versions too. I'm posting these after hassling for a few hours trying to get my laptop to recognize the new ICS tablet.
http://www.mediafire...4kmjzjryv30orf3

SAUSAGE FOR 1.8 MOMO/REXING
Here's the modding script I created for the Momo9, works with Rexing too. It's based on the Tasselhof and Top Notch scripts. It contains what I'm calling SausageMod, which essentially upgrades your market, installs a different build.prop, adds missing permissions, and installs some apps. There's an option to remove all the Momo9 apps from 1.8, and another option that will install apps that you drop into a certain folder. I included a minimal amount of apps, but feel free to add your own. CHANGES ARE PERMANANT accept for a few of them.

http://www.mediafire...u2g6bck3yvra9t6

Sausage for baseband 2.04
http://www.slatedroi...-based-tablets/

Edited by fatesausage, 16 January 2012 - 06:49 PM.

My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#2 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

May just be Chinese marketing, but still for all those stuck on the Anal here's one sites comparison of the Momo9 to the Ainol V7 Advance. From this site:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2146697

MOMO9+ VS NOVO 7Advance vs 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Both Models are very good indeed ! your taste & choice

Momo9+ A10 8GB:
1)CPU 1.2G
2) Soild build body but abit heavier than novo7
2) Touch glass is scratch resistance
20-30% better touch senstivity
3) Higher brighter picture & Crisp color output LCD
4) Clear Fine 1.5mp ront camera only..no back camera
5) 3 physical front button (easy to press in dark)
6) Sound Volume more louder by 10% than novo7
7) Next firmware 2.0 update in few days... but works great for now

NOVO 7 A10 8GB: (our price now at rm550 *Promo* )
1) CPU SPEED set 1.0G
2) Slimmer and lighter than momo9+
3) Dual Camera (front 0.3mp / back 2mp)
not so clear front cam for skype.
4) Virtual front button (no light led)can be hard press in dark
5) Battery life both same approx 5 hrs .
6) Firmware Support update faster ..very good
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#3 v9ryu

v9ryu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

wow I just knew that the factory setting for MOMO9 is 1.2 Ghz while Novo A7 is 1 Ghz only
nice share review

#4 dknight12114

dknight12114

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

wow I just knew that the factory setting for MOMO9 is 1.2 Ghz while Novo A7 is 1 Ghz only
nice share review

Maybe it's just advertisement, because if you look on the box of the Ainol 7A it also say A10 1.2 GHz :D

#5 Skunk Shampoo

Skunk Shampoo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

Scratch resistant glass screen. Interesting.

I also like that it uses physical buttons. I much prefer them to capacitive.

It is interesting to hear about the latest A10 tablets.
LG OPTIMUS V - AINOL NOVO7 ADVANCED

#6 Devizen

Devizen

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

May I know if this will work on a MOMO9C Pro tablet?
Click here to see the info for MOMO9C Pro

I would like to flash a new firmware because my MOMO9C Pro tablet seems to be having some Audio out of sync problem.
Like the audio will come out after 0.5 - 1 Second after pressing a command.

Here is a video so that you will have a better idea of my problem.
Take a look at around 2 Minute 20 Seconds.

My MOMO9C Pro
Model Number : 97FC
Android Version 2.3.4
Baseband Version : V1.6
Kernal Version : 2.6.36-android inet_dada@inet #56
Build Number : 97F1-D1-H2-H01-N404

Edited by Devizen, 16 December 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#7 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

May I know if this will work on a MOMO9C Pro tablet?
Click here to see the info for MOMO9C Pro

I would like to flash a new firmware because my MOMO9C Pro tablet seems to be having some Audio out of sync problem.
Like the audio will come out after 0.5 - 1 Second after pressing a command.

Here is a video so that you will have a better idea of my problem.
Take a look at around 2 Minute 20 Seconds.

My MOMO9C Pro
Model Number : 97FC
Android Version 2.3.4
Baseband Version : V1.6
Kernal Version : 2.6.36-android inet_dada@inet #56
Build Number : 97F1-D1-H2-H01-N404

You may want to look at the Ployer site. They have updates available for the MOMO products, I'm not certain if this will work for your tablet, although I'm pretty sure it will work for most Momo9 enhanced products.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#8 Devizen

Devizen

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

You may want to look at the Ployer site. They have updates available for the MOMO products, I'm not certain if this will work for your tablet, although I'm pretty sure it will work for most Momo9 enhanced products.

It seems like Ployer doesn't have a Firmware Upgrade for my MOMO9C Pro yet.
I want to try some other options because the audio delay is quite bad.
What do you mean by MOMO9 Enhanced Products?
Does the MOMO9C Pro count as Enhanced Product?

Will there be a risk if I tried firmware upgrade from Chinese Ployer Website?
It seems that the Chinese Ployer have firmware upgrade for MOMO9C.
But it is for the build 97F2 instead of my 97F1.
http://www.ployer.cn...asp?id=112&p=zc

Edited by Devizen, 16 December 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#9 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:28 AM

It seems like Ployer doesn't have a Firmware Upgrade for my MOMO9C Pro yet.
I want to try some other options because the audio delay is quite bad.
What do you mean by MOMO9 Enhanced Products?
Does the MOMO9C Pro count as Enhanced Product?

Will there be a risk if I tried firmware upgrade from Chinese Ployer Website?
It seems that the Chinese Ployer have firmware upgrade for MOMO9C.
But it is for the build 97F2 instead of my 97F1.
http://www.ployer.cn...asp?id=112&p=zc

I updated the thread to point to the Ployer site. I know there are a few different hardware versions essentially. I'm not sure if maybe one of these hardware versions is identical to the Novo 7 Advanced or not, or even the specs, it may be a totally different processor. The 97F1 is likely the predecessor to the 97F2. The 97F2 is the Rexing V7 and Momo9 Enhanced hardware platform that this thread deals with.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#10 Devizen

Devizen

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

I updated the thread to point to the Ployer site. I know there are a few different hardware versions essentially. I'm not sure if maybe one of these hardware versions is identical to the Novo 7 Advanced or not, or even the specs, it may be a totally different processor. The 97F1 is likely the predecessor to the 97F2. The 97F2 is the Rexing V7 and Momo9 Enhanced hardware platform that this thread deals with.

I have updated my MOMO9C to the 2.0 on Ployer site.
My Model and Build have changed to PLOYER-MOMO and 97F2-D1-H1-M01-1309.20111212.
Baseband Version is 2.04 right now.
Everything is working fine. Touchscreen, APK, Music, Video and more.
But the Audio delay problem is still there...

Anyone who want to download the Firmware for MOMO9 Updated version, click here.
The instructions are in Chinese though.

#11 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

Good thing is that the Ployer's I had shipped with an English manual. I'll note the audio delay problem in the initial post, is that an issue with the Novo 7 Advanced as well? I haven't really noticed it, but maybe in Netflix. Wonder if something like chainfire might help with that, or changing up some stagefright settings in the build.prop? Also, I imagine you chose the "format" option?

I'll also try to post a modding script to use with the Momo9 in the next few days for firmware version 1.8, that will remove some apps, insert US/English specific settings, and make additional changes to the ROM for functionality and performance. So far it seems these tablets aren't bad.

Edited by fatesausage, 18 December 2011 - 12:51 AM.

My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#12 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Good thing is that the Ployer's I had shipped with an English manual. I'll note the audio delay problem in the initial post, is that an issue with the Novo 7 Advanced as well? I haven't really noticed it, but maybe in Netflix. Wonder if something like chainfire might help with that, or changing up some stagefright settings in the build.prop? Also, I imagine you chose the "format" option?

I'll also try to post a modding script to use with the Momo9 in the next few days for firmware version 1.8, that will remove some apps, insert US/English specific settings, and make additional changes to the ROM for functionality and performance. So far it seems these tablets aren't bad.

Yes... Audio delay is an issue in the Novo 7 Advanced as well :(. I need to see if it is still present in the latest firmware but it was a problem as of 2.0.4 :(. I am running 2.0v3 now (newer than 2.0.4) but I haven't had a chance to test netflix yet. Netflix is where it shows up the worst for me. It is only very slight on youtube videos.

Cheers,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#13 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

Yes... Audio delay is an issue in the Novo 7 Advanced as well :(. I need to see if it is still present in the latest firmware but it was a problem as of 2.0.4 :(. I am running 2.0v3 now (newer than 2.0.4) but I haven't had a chance to test netflix yet. Netflix is where it shows up the worst for me. It is only very slight on youtube videos.

Cheers,

Roman

So no quick fix? Hmm... Looks like an issue with a lot of android devices, as far as Netflix goes. Maybe version 1.2.2 fixes this issue with Netflix?

http://androidforums...tml#post2989922

So I used ROM Toolbox to edit my build.prop, bootlooped my device, went into adb and pushed over another build.prop. Is there not a recovery for these things (reboot recovery didn't work)? Changed some stagefright settings and got a slight improvement in Netflix and PlayOn (which I didn't test beforehand). I guess this Rexing tablet wasn't rooted after all, which is something I usually don't do. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead and maybe try again later, or see if anyone else might know something.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#14 critix

critix

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

hi there, i just flashed the momo9c firmware from ployer onto my "looks like a momo but noone knows what its name is"-tab because i had some troubles getting the tab to boot after some messing with the installed software (guess it was the busybox update that made it getting stuck on boot). anyway, i wanted to say a warm "thank you" to fatesausage because his helpful posts pointed me to the working-for-me firmware. btw my tab had the 97F1 firmware on it when I purchased it, flashing the 97FC from ployer went without problems - and I think it made the tablet work a little smoother aswell.

after testing a little bit, i will try to post some additional info that i have found out, especially as it seems that there is some "neutral v2.0 firmware" for the momo9c on that ployer website that barely wants me to check it out :)

anyway, please dont give up on posting if you found something interesting - the tablet was a real bargain compared to some other tabs i have seen recently! :)

#15 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

hi there, i just flashed the momo9c firmware from ployer onto my "looks like a momo but noone knows what its name is"-tab because i had some troubles getting the tab to boot after some messing with the installed software (guess it was the busybox update that made it getting stuck on boot). anyway, i wanted to say a warm "thank you" to fatesausage because his helpful posts pointed me to the working-for-me firmware. btw my tab had the 97F1 firmware on it when I purchased it, flashing the 97FC from ployer went without problems - and I think it made the tablet work a little smoother aswell.

after testing a little bit, i will try to post some additional info that i have found out, especially as it seems that there is some "neutral v2.0 firmware" for the momo9c on that ployer website that barely wants me to check it out :)

anyway, please dont give up on posting if you found something interesting - the tablet was a real bargain compared to some other tabs i have seen recently! :)

Thanks! I was kind of wondering about some of those clones and what components they were using. Also good to hear what tablets this firmware works with.

I don't know if this works or not, because I've been watching out-of-sync audio a good bit today on Netflix, but I found a bit of a solution to the Netflix issue. I'm not sure which version works best, but I do know the first 2 don't work for me at all and you certainly don't want one that you have to update with.

http://forum.xda-dev...797&postcount=2

I found that audio wasn't several seconds off, as it has been. I messed around with the stagefright settings, and it seemed to have some minor effect on audio sync. Would like to see what kind of results other people get and if there is a better combination of apps and settings to get Netflix working, but try it out. Remove your current Netflix first and delete data too.

Update: Stagefright changes didn't seem to make a difference. Found that V1.3 works best. Have also found this post with some missing files for early versions for NetFlix:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1077854

In my testing audio was pretty much right on as far as I could tell, might need some minor tweaks.

Edited by fatesausage, 19 December 2011 - 12:06 AM.

My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#16 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

I updated the initial post and added a modding script for the Momo9.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#17 Loypalm

Loypalm

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

I have bought what seems to be a MOMO9C and am quite happy with it. However, while it came with Skype installed, I dont see a mic!!
how does one use Skype on this without a mic or am I missing something?

#18 critix

critix

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

I have bought what seems to be a MOMO9C and am quite happy with it. However, while it came with Skype installed, I dont see a mic!!
how does one use Skype on this without a mic or am I missing something?

lol, you are right - the mic isnt really visible, but it is there somewhere: hidden at the side of the tab where the headset/tfcard/hdmi/reset/usb/ac connectors are located.

#19 Loypalm

Loypalm

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

lol, you are right - the mic isnt really visible, but it is there somewhere: hidden at the side of the tab where the headset/tfcard/hdmi/reset/usb/ac connectors are located.

Yes, realised that myself right now when I tried out the Sound Recorder App that came pre-installed.

My Bad.

Thanks for your response though

Next question I have is how do I check if I have the latest version of the firmware on my device? The ployer website has a firmware released on 12-12-2011. Not sure if I have this version or not

Edited by Loypalm, 21 December 2011 - 04:19 AM.

#20 crblues

crblues

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Thank You very much!!
I've installed the saussage script on my new (4h) ployer momo9.
It's all working wonderfully!!
Now I can recover my backups with Titanium.
About the sound lag... I don't have it, my tablet came with baseband 2.04. Maybe this version of software fixed it?
Anyway, Thank you very much!!
  • fatesausage likes this