13433 replies to this topic

#41 sakuragibart

sakuragibart

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hello,

Bought a new Apad BLUE LED. I will now try to find for my firmware here. Hope some ROM will works. Let's go!

#42 jaredhundrup

jaredhundrup

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hello, I have two WPDNs, mine and my wifes. Been posting to the Firmware mod section where KG has been fantastic with development and testing on the OP. Both my PDNs are modded. I've been through 3 different mods on mine and several upgrades on each mod, starting with the Cruz mod.

Figured I better post to the newbie section.

JH

#43 mbuchholz

mbuchholz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi there,

I am here because I just pre-ordered an android tablet, the Coby KYROS MID1025. I have an android phone, HTC Hero, already and it is rooted and running Gingerbread. I came to this site because you seem to specialize in tablets here. I have been an active member of XDA Developers, though I have no notoriety there. Hopefully I can get involved here and squeeze the best experience out of my new tablet when it arrives. :)

-mb

#44 Twig316

Twig316

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi I'm Mike new to this site trying to learn about tablets

#45 pushosa

pushosa

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

salve a tutti e grazie per l'ospitalità!

#46 Adaephon

Adaephon

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

Hi

My name is Tawa, I ordered myself a Eken tablet today off of amazon. And basically wanted to learn the hows and whats of the OS.
So here is my first post saying hi. I would appreciate any responses if any1 else has this particular model themselves. could not find a model number on amazon so heres the link, http://www.amazon.co...pr_product_top.

Aforehand Thanks
Tawa

#47 jay m

jay m

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hello!

I'm looking to get a non-mainstream Android 2.2 or above tablet, and it looks like this is the place to research one, glad I'm a part now!

#48 M70003

M70003

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hello,

These forums look very promising, I have been lurking for a bit, however my stupid M70003 seems to be different than every other M70003 in the world, as it will not take any of the firmwares I have found on this site relating to the M70003... I hope that posting here will get me some assistance as currently the dumb thing only gives a black screen, but will respond to scripts... However always gives "--> Erase File-System partition Fail! Exit! Maybe the kernel don`t support this NAND Flash." Stupid Chinese junk...

Rants aside, I am looking forward to posting here, especially after I (hopefully) get this thing running again...

Thanks
  • Mark Adams likes this

#49 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hello,

These forums look very promising, I have been lurking for a bit, however my stupid M70003 seems to be different than every other M70003 in the world, as it will not take any of the firmwares I have found on this site relating to the M70003... I hope that posting here will get me some assistance as currently the dumb thing only gives a black screen, but will respond to scripts... However always gives "--> Erase File-System partition Fail! Exit! Maybe the kernel don`t support this NAND Flash." Stupid Chinese junk...

Rants aside, I am looking forward to posting here, especially after I (hopefully) get this thing running again...

Thanks

Have you tried chanting the Chinese National Anthem while playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida backwards and at the wrong speed?

It probably won't do anything, but you ever know. Besides, it's way cool hearing it that way.
  • mrsburnout likes this
Don't EVEN ask until you READ THE PDN WIKI *PM me for editing access.

There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.
~Thoreau

Posted Image

#50 Zen

Zen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hi there...
i found myself here because my M002 fell in a deep sleep when i tryed to update his firmware...

So i'm trying to bring him back to life.

Greetings everyone

#51 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

Have you tried chanting the Chinese National Anthem while playing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida backwards and at the wrong speed?

It probably won't do anything, but you ever know. Besides, it's way cool hearing it that way.

Not the Chinese, but the American National Anthem. Been there. Done that. Yep ;)

Welcome new SlateDroid members :yahoo:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#52 Alyndiar

Alyndiar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hi everyone!

New to this board after buying a Craig CMP738a. Directed here from just about everywhere on the net :^) Best place I've seen yet for getting good info on ho to get the most out of my device!!! I just hope I can contribute something to the community in the future!

Alyndiar

#53 ymbanger

ymbanger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

hello

Hi

#54 SK3

SK3

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hello,
My name is SK3. I need information about a tablet I just bought.
The current firmware is very slow. I hope to find answers here.

SK3

Hello and welcome new SlateDroid members!

I am trying to eliminate confusion as to where your replies belong for approval.
The blog post requires no approval, so multiple posting there is not helping you
to acquire your junior status.

Please reply to this or any one of the hello threads. Then go to one of the
forum posts that interests you and make an on topic reply there.
Your posts
will not show up until a moderator approves them. Please be patient. It may
take a few minutes or a couple hours for your posts to show up on the board.
(We all have lives too)

Please Note: Multiple (duplicate), or totally ridiculous posts, will be deleted and may
lead to account suspension.

Thank you and have fun!

~MrsB

#55 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

@SK3 Welcome! Thank you for the reminder.

@New SlateDroid members

People, Please make only ONE introduction.
Then go find another post to reply to on a different board.

Thank you.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#56 PhillyMatt

PhillyMatt

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi all... I am still trying to figure out what tablet I want. I'm looking for something inexpensive to play around with until the technology becomes more solid. I'm probably going to get either the Elocity A7 or the Shenzen Dropad A8/Herotab c8/Apad M7003. I know that for $200-$300 I can't expect to get everything I want, but I least want a 1 Ghz CPU, 512 ram, a decent multi touch capacitive screen and something that is rootable. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I will most likely base my decision on what i read in these forums. Thanks!

#57 sonicer

sonicer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

Hey All,
I'm simon from China, I have a cheap Cortex A8 pv210 tablet with android2.2, and i want install a Debian OS but do not know how to do that. i want get some help here.
bty, i am a software developer using Delphi

Thanks a lot
simon

#58 Arrozales

Arrozales

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

Hello.

A spanish user with a Wits A81G+ Capacitive.

Best regards

#59 SolusHunter

SolusHunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

Hi all.

I've joined this fine forum to try and resolve some oddities with my ePad (I think it's a gPad GForce clone).

#60 Ikea

Ikea

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

Hi,

Been on XDA-Developers for years with the HTC's just got my cheap tablet today hoping to identify it and reflash here. Site looks really good for flashaholics