730 replies to this topic

#441 Serge Bolduc

Serge Bolduc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thank's for the flash tool. I also have pound £ as currency. Since I don't have a credit card I can't change the currency, but anyway I can't buy lol!

Also, I'm looking for a 32G micro sdcard, is there a maximum transfert speed for the superpad, I mean class 4 or 10?

Edited by Serge Bolduc, 14 February 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Owner of Superpad VI, Sanei N90, Cube U30GT-H, Gadmei E8-3D (glass free 3D tablet) and ASUS MemoPad 10"

#442 00st14ew

00st14ew

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi
from another forum helper: just download cache fixer from android market press the bottom button when you have, it will re-address your cache to 147mb and allow you to download anything,p.s the only firmware i have found with APN (mobile networks in settings is the #1)and seems to work with any 3g dongle by just changing the APN to your sim provider?

Thanks but I've dowloaded the app when i click move cache I get ERROR Cache not moved?

#443 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

The Cache Fixer app requires root permissions. You must root the tablet before it will work.

#444 00st14ew

00st14ew

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

The Cache Fixer app requires root permissions. You must root the tablet before it will work.

whats the simplest way to do that?

#445 Serge Bolduc

Serge Bolduc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Since upgrade to v10 firmware12 I got in trying superuser in adb mode the following message after command

adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory <2>

What a miserable programer I would be.... Device was in recovery mode work in device.

Edited by Serge Bolduc, 14 February 2012 - 02:12 PM.

Owner of Superpad VI, Sanei N90, Cube U30GT-H, Gadmei E8-3D (glass free 3D tablet) and ASUS MemoPad 10"

#446 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Serge Bolduc
If you changed the firmware, you will have to root the tyablet again. You loose root permissions when you change the firmware.

00st14ew

Search this forum or apad.tv forum for "A simple root process for Flytouch 5 / 6"
I posted an easy way to root your tablet. You may also find an easier way by searching for "Easy root no pc required."

The process has been posted many times.

#447 Serge Bolduc

Serge Bolduc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Serge Bolduc
If you changed the firmware, you will have to root the tyablet again. You loose root permissions when you change the firmware.

00st14ew

Search this forum or apad.tv forum for "A simple root process for Flytouch 5 / 6"
I posted an easy way to root your tablet. You may also find an easier way by searching for "Easy root no pc required."

The process has been posted many times.

Yes everything went fine when I catch the différence status in adb, I was on recovery instead of devices. Since I'm using windows 7 64bit I have to go in XP with virtuabox to have the ability to map the USB port on XP. Now everything work great, thank you very much.

#448 MAJ

MAJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi Guys,
I am running firmware #17, and struggling to get Wifi stay up and running all the time.

I modified Wifi sleep policy to "Never" but every time the tablet sleeps it disconnects Wifi and the displaying "Error" when enabling it.

Just wondering if anybody has luck fixing this issue?
I want always ON Wifi.

Thanks

#449 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

What tablet are you using?
My flytouch 5/6 has no such WiFi setting.

I have used the Privacy, Factory reset option to clear all data. After the WiFi setup, the signal was maintained. I believe Gingerbread does have an auto reduce WiFi feature to save the battery.

#450 MAJ

MAJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I am using superpad vi 8g,

See lin below:-

blog.wholesaleonepiece.com/latest-superpad-vi-vc882-cortex-a8-10-2-android-2-3-tablet-review/

I don't need to save bettry, all I want Wifi to stay up all the time

Thanks for help

#451 MAJ

MAJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Also I did factory reset, before and after upgrade to firmware 17, I tried other firmwares 12 12, 12 23 ...etc but same issue.
I have option to set wifi sleep policy under wifi setting - advance - wifi sleep policy which is set to never

#452 Porkysatan

Porkysatan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

After you set wifi to never sleep. Hit your menu button then click save on the bottom of your sreen. Then reboot. Also once you are connected to your router have the wifi
Stop scanning by unchecking the box that says (let me know about available networks)
Also turn off backround data under accounts and sync. It Boggs down your wifi. You can turn it back on whenever you need the market.

Edited by Porkysatan, 15 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#453 Serge Bolduc

Serge Bolduc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

My sister received is superpad, I upgrade to v10 firmare12, everything seem fine juste that at start up a have garbage screen and are unbale to enter recovery mode (same garbage)

#454 MAJ

MAJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

Thanks Porkysatan,

Just followed your instructions and saved wifi settings, but the issue is still there.
All i can see Wifi "Error" after couple of cycle of sleep and every time the tablet sleeps it disconnect Wifi.

However i noticed that the fro some reason now table power up automatically once i power it off.

Thanks

#455 MAJ

MAJ

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Or, any other firmware you could recommend me to try?

Thanks

#456 00st14ew

00st14ew

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Tried the root process which wouldn't work so tried to the other firmware suggested and now Im stuck on the startup/rain screen?

#457 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

00st14ew

Start the tablet in recovery mode.
Press the Reset button.
Press the power button for three seconds.
As soon as the logo appears, press and hold the Menu button until the android recovery logo appears.
Release the Menu button.
Use the Back (The button on the right side of the tablet) to move to the "Wipe data/factory reset" is selected/
Press the Home button to select.
The tablet will reset and you should be able to start your tablet.

Forget about rooting the tablet. Rooting is for hackers and really serves no purpose on the Flytouch other than to get you in trouble.

QCC

#458 00st14ew

00st14ew

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

00st14ew

Start the tablet in recovery mode.
Press the Reset button.
Press the power button for three seconds.
As soon as the logo appears, press and hold the Menu button until the android recovery logo appears.
Release the Menu button.
Use the Back (The button on the right side of the tablet) to move to the "Wipe data/factory reset" is selected/
Press the Home button to select.
The tablet will reset and you should be able to start your tablet.

Forget about rooting the tablet. Rooting is for hackers and really serves no purpose on the Flytouch other than to get you in trouble.

QCC

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried factory reset and still get stuck on the start up screen?
I had the firmware from post #1 installed and working fine except the android market hence why I wanted to root to use cache fixer, I have tried to flash 20111212 firmware and now Im stuck on startup screen & the link in post #1 for first firmware is not working so I cant flash back to that? do you have a link to that or anything else I can try? thanks

#459 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

00st14ew
Send me a private message and I will give you a link to the files on my server.
Or send me an email message to
the dot qcc at rogers dot com

#460 QCC

QCC

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

00st14ew
You will need the unpacking tool 7-zip
7-zip download

I have bundled the English version of the flash tool posted by MikeNG at English flash tool

Edited by QCC, 16 February 2012 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users