Photo

[REQ] MIPS Ports of APK's (Updated 20 Jan 2012)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

Current News

There is another link where someone has compiled a list of applications for the Ainovo Novo 7. It seems that these devices being so cheap are really helping us out with our MiPS devices. Hopefully when the ROM is finished we will have faster devices to handle more of these apps, but for the time being here is a link.

More APKS

Thanks to V3r5u5

Another new firmware has been released for the Novo MiPS device with yet even more apps available. Post #74 has a link to the image of the file so you don't have to download it and scour through what you want out of it.

Download Link here
Download here

The Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware for the Novo 7 has updated versions of applications for MiPS

Download Link

Facebook 1.8.1, MSN Live Messenger, Pandora, Kindle, Youtube, and a few older ones are available. - Thanks to ShivanSPS

also there is an application called MagicCode that allows users to install ARM based apps on MiPS if they have 3.2 or higher. I have asked on the DEV page on XDA if they would be working on a Froyo Port, but we are waiting for response from the Team.

MagicCode XDA Developers Page

Take a look there and I am sure with more requests they will be willing to make a port for us!

List Of current Developers that have been contacted:

Rovio Mobile Developers of Angry Birds - Feyer Brand
SNES9X Developers of SNES9X Ex(Super Nintendo Emulator) - Feyer Brand
MX Technologies Developers of MX Video Player - ShivanSPS
Halsafar Developers of GenplusDroid - ShivanSPS
RICCSSON Developers of Zquence Studio - Count SymphoniC

If you have contacted a developer please message me and I will get it posted here. Also if you have any updates on these contacts I will provide it in the updated information below.

Status on Developers

Rovio Mobile - and our apologies for the slow reply. We have been very busy lately and haven't been able to answer all of our message as quickly as we would have wanted.

If it states in the Android Market that the device is not compatible, then it is unfortunately so. We are working to make our games available for as many devices as we can, so people could enjoy them.

Kind regards,

Jalmari
Angry Birds Team 27 January 2012 8:05 AM Feyer Brand

Snes9X - I posted on the SNES9X.com forum for android ports. This is an Application that allows you to emulate Super Nintendo on an android device. It seems the developer is in contact with us.

Here is a link to the page
SNES9X

They posted
If you can find a development setup that lets you compile a 'Hello World' APK for your device, let us know and we might be able to get the same setup and compile a new APK for your device.

If anyone knows how to make the 'Hello World' APK for our tablets please please please work on one so we can let the Android Developer know so they can get to work on something that would just make this tablet that much better. - 21 December 2011 9:05 pm Feyer Brand

MX Technologies - no further information provided

Halsafar - Today i talked to halsafar via email, and the genplus emu is coming to mips very soon, he is the dev of several others emus, so if everything goes ok we probably going to have all those emus running in mips, check market for halsafar apps. - Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:42 PM ShivanSPS

Riccison - Zquence Studio is confirmed working on the T301. Dev contact info should be updated to reflect this change. - Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:30 AM Count SymphoniC

Other Information on Ported APPs

New MIPS APKs Available Through the Ainovo novo 7 JZ4770 MIPS Tablet. Here is an update.ZIP that has multiple APKs that are MIPS friendly.

Download Link

you need to extract the APKs from the .ZIP file

go to this directory in the .ZIP

/ainol_update_temp_dir/apks/

there you will find a list of APKs that can install on your tablet.

The Touchpal Keyboard (chubao_Input_V4.7.6_mips.APK) is a wonderful keyboard that adds just that extra zing and pep to your Tablet.

**Warning**
Fruit Slice runs at 5 FPS
Turbo Fly runs at 1 FPS
Wow Fish runs at 2 FPS
Angry Birds Force Closes

Thanks to ShivanSPS

Original Post

Opera Mini 4.3 Russian
Opera Mini 4.3 English
FBReaderJ - Ebook reader
Droid Reader Activity debug - PDF Reader (Debug Version)
Droid Reader Activity - PDF Reader (this one sometimes crashes says the porter)
ConnectBot - SSH Client

MIPS Port APK Downloads

Edited by feyerbrand, 20 January 2012 - 09:58 AM.

• Kurt Mosiejczuk likes this

#2 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:08 AM

also another close to Port of the Set CPU for mips I stumbled upon. I haven't tested yet, I will this afternoon but in the mean time here is a link.

CPU Master Mips
  • Kurt Mosiejczuk likes this

#3 Kurt Mosiejczuk

Kurt Mosiejczuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

I haven't tested these, I am currently trying to find a way to install Viosoft Arriba Android Porting Kit to rebuild a few apps for the tablet. I want to work mainly with Games because I am a gaming addict IE Snes9x emulator, and Angry Birds will be my focus. But for the time being I found a small list online and I don't have my tablet with me to test these out. So if anyone out there wants to test these I will write the list below and also provide the link.

Opera Mini 4.3 Russian
Opera Mini 4.3 English
FBReaderJ - Ebook reader
Droid Reader Activity debug - PDF Reader (Debug Version)
Droid Reader Activity - PDF Reader (this one sometimes crashes says the porter)
ConnectBot - SSH Client

MIPS Port APK Downloads

Thanks! I've only verified very basic stuff with Opera, but it works on my T301. And Connectbot works great. Thanks for doing this, I've been wanting an SSH client.

--Kurt

#4 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks! I've only verified very basic stuff with Opera, but it works on my T301. And Connectbot works great. Thanks for doing this, I've been wanting an SSH client.

--Kurt

Awesome, Did you test out the CPU Manager?

#5 Kurt Mosiejczuk

Kurt Mosiejczuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Awesome, Did you test out the CPU Manager?

I haven't yet. My tablet seems to manage it's CPU well, and it's not too slow with the default speed. I'll try it soon.

--Kurt

#6 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

The CPU Manager actually is an outdated version of the full version. If you have the market installed it will try to update and not work properly. But if you do have the market installed you can download the App directly from there Link below

Market link

now my problem is it opens and doesn't have Super User issues, but I can't get the bench marking speeds to read. I can run the benchmark test, which takes you to another app made by the same company and it collects results. Most of the OpenGL graphics run at 2 FPS which is horrible. But it collects the info from the processor for us. I just don't know how to get the CPU to overclock. Just a food for thought for anyone else who is interested in beefing up the tablet.

#7 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

The CPU Manager actually is an outdated version of the full version. If you have the market installed it will try to update and not work properly. But if you do have the market installed you can download the App directly from there Link below

Market link

now my problem is it opens and doesn't have Super User issues, but I can't get the bench marking speeds to read. I can run the benchmark test, which takes you to another app made by the same company and it collects results. Most of the OpenGL graphics run at 2 FPS which is horrible. But it collects the info from the processor for us. I just don't know how to get the CPU to overclock. Just a food for thought for anyone else who is interested in beefing up the tablet.

I thought CPU OC/UC had to be enabled in the kernel which often requires a custom ROM. Are you running a custom ROM?

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 05 December 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#8 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

I thought CPU OC/UC had to be enabled in the kernel which often requires a custom ROM. Are you running a custom ROM?

Sadly I am not. I didn't know whether the Kernel that came pre-built had it disabled. I have a HTC Merge and its Kernel came available to Overclock once I got SuperUser installed.

#9 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

Sadly I am not. I didn't know whether the Kernel that came pre-built had it disabled. I have a HTC Merge and its Kernel came available to Overclock once I got SuperUser installed.

Yeah I've noticed that some stock kernels have OC enabled.
It seems we now have a real MIPs employee and developer working on the T301/T10x. Since he has access to the VM source code things are starting to get a little brighter for Cruz tablets.

#10 enigma0456

enigma0456

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

I loaded the opera mini and it seemed to work fine. I installed Connectbot but I didn't have a linux machine available at the time to connect to but it seemed to load normally. I'm wondering - I have been having issues with superuser and then of course Titanium Backup and Clocksync. I've been following the rooting instructions elsewhere in the forum without complete success. Is it possible that these apps (especially superuser or maybe even Z4Kroot need to get recompiled for the mips processor to operate? This is beyond my scope of knowledge but perhaps you know.

#11 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I loaded the opera mini and it seemed to work fine. I installed Connectbot but I didn't have a linux machine available at the time to connect to but it seemed to load normally. I'm wondering - I have been having issues with superuser and then of course Titanium Backup and Clocksync. I've been following the rooting instructions elsewhere in the forum without complete success. Is it possible that these apps (especially superuser or maybe even Z4Kroot need to get recompiled for the mips processor to operate? This is beyond my scope of knowledge but perhaps you know.

That has a high possibility. I looked around for more solutions on converting .APK to work on mips, and I have the apktool running on my Ubuntu 11.10 desktop. Still no success in which files to change. I am assuming that we need to convert all the apps that we want on the tablet. If I get his thing figured out I will let everyone know.

According to MiPS in the most recent conference apps on the android market should be available for all types of CPUs but the developers are forgetting to add a couple lines of code, or they build their own structure (IE Angry Birds) and it has to be rebuilt from scratch. So that is where I am at right now.

#12 catchulater1

catchulater1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

So Ok so im installing the cpu master but will it allow over 528 mhz? Does anyone know? and where have you been finding these or have you ported these yourself? If you need a "partner in porting" just tell me!

#13 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

So Ok so im installing the cpu master but will it allow over 528 mhz? Does anyone know? and where have you been finding these or have you ported these yourself? If you need a "partner in porting" just tell me!

I have been searching the web for months now. I am contacting some developers over at MIPS.com, and the makers of Arriba are currently chatting with me. I hope that got a bit more started for them. I was trying to contact Netflix to see if they can help, but I can't seem to find a contact section that matches what I am looking for. If you would like to try to contact them please do so. Besides that I haven't found on help on porting .APKs with the APKtool that Google provided, so if you have some more info shed a little light.

#14 catchulater1

catchulater1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I have been searching the web for months now. I am contacting some developers over at MIPS.com, and the makers of Arriba are currently chatting with me. I hope that got a bit more started for them. I was trying to contact Netflix to see if they can help, but I can't seem to find a contact section that matches what I am looking for. If you would like to try to contact them please do so. Besides that I haven't found on help on porting .APKs with the APKtool that Google provided, so if you have some more info shed a little light.

Well I installed it. It works but i cannot go over 528mhz overclock... I heard there is a way to change your frequencies in a certain txt file on your file system.. But I would have to search more into it. I would be extremely interested in a netflix mips port. Also A flash Player would be really awesome! But My main concern is getting the frequencies over 528mhz so that it runs alot faster! If anyone has any info on any of it just pm me or reply to this thread!

#15 vanduhl

vanduhl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Well I installed it. It works but i cannot go over 528mhz overclock... I heard there is a way to change your frequencies in a certain txt file on your file system.. But I would have to search more into it. I would be extremely interested in a netflix mips port. Also A flash Player would be really awesome! But My main concern is getting the frequencies over 528mhz so that it runs alot faster! If anyone has any info on any of it just pm me or reply to this thread!

editing that text file serves 0 purpose as it does the same thing as the program you are using. The file that needs to be edited is actually in the Kernel.....which I have been able to unpack but I haven't been able to find where it is or even how to repack it and sign it so it passes back onto the device. I really need access to the source

#16 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

I really need access to the source

I have not verified the processor but believe it to be Ingenic JZ4760:
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__123356

Kernel source for that chip is available here:
ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/3sw/01linux/02kernel/
or even here:
http://projects.qi-h...s/jz47xx/jz4760

Edited by Nickos-V, 08 December 2011 - 08:16 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#17 vanduhl

vanduhl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

I have not verified the processor but believe it to be Ingenic JZ4760:
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__123356

Kernel source for that chip is available here:
ftp://ftp.ingenic.cn/3sw/01linux/02kernel/
or even here:
http://projects.qi-h...s/jz47xx/jz4760

thats for linux not android while its close its not the same

#18 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

thats for linux not android while its close its not the same

Ok, I did not think they released a kernel version for Linux. My mistake.

Edited by Nickos-V, 09 December 2011 - 12:36 AM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#19 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Ok, I did not think they released a kernel version for Linux. My mistake.

Once Steven Hill is able to get something posted public then we can probably get more work done with the Kernel.

#20 shivansps

shivansps

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:01 AM

i have a Novo 7 Basic and im on the same boat here...
I personally attemtempted to so the same, so far, the only one i had success is Android Terminal Emulator. http://www.mediafire...41qg1tpexezcwed you can add to your list if you wish.
I did the same with mame4droid, but it crash. http://www.mediafire...8mt2cg2tc0yaaby

i whould like to get a working adosbox, mame4droid, snes4droid, qr code scanner, netflix player, skype(other than the awful 1.0.0.5 beta)... and the last two arent open source so is no-no, the others i attemped but no success.

BTW, if you whant angry birds for mips, it comes with the Novo 7 Basic firmware, along with other games and apps.
You can get it from here http://hotfile.com/d...111126.zip.html, unzip the update file and all the apks are inside a folder in there.

Edited by shivansps, 16 December 2011 - 01:09 AM.