• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 androidman2k

androidman2k

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

Ok , can some of you folks tell me what Cell Standby is ???? its using 75% of my battery, and has been running since I turned tab on.

I found this stat, under= Main novo7 home screen, =settings button(the 3 little lines) , applications, Battery Use.

I just installed 1.8t B2

Cell StandBY using 75% of my battery, I tapped on it and it says time without signal/100%
Also on my home main screen I see a greyd 4 steps/bars next to my wifi signal bars.
...well that is a big drain on battery, how do I get this off ???

Edited by androidman2k, 04 December 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#2 pullapint

pullapint

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Ok , can some of you folks tell me what Cell Standby is ???? its using 75% of my battery, and has been running since I turned tab on.

I found this stat, under= Main novo7 home screen, =settings button(the 3 little lines) , applications, Battery Use.

I just installed 1.8t B2

Cell StandBY using 75% of my battery, I tapped on it and it says time without signal/100%
Also on my home main screen I see a greyd 4 steps/bars next to my wifi signal bars.
...well that is a big drain on battery, how do I get this off ???

Mine was doing that to. I downloaded Juicedefender mobile data widget to force the data off. Works great for me. Now screen time and wifi are the 2 that use the most battery.

#3 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

I have not tried juice defender, but turned data off in the settings. Still get power usage. Does using juice defender increase battery life?

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Advanced with Tapatalk

#4 pullapint

pullapint

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

I have not tried juice defender, but turned data off in the settings. Still get power usage. Does using juice defender increase battery life?

I tried turning data off in the settings but it kept getting turned back on that's why I use Juice Defender. Juice Defender increases battery life in that the device isn't trying to constantly try to access 3g so I guess it increases battery life that way. My battery life has never been a problem, I get a couple day of use using it as an e-reader, surfing and playing games.

#5 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

I decided to delete phone.apk and Telephonyprovider.apk from my system/app directory (actually, I just changed apk to ap1). When I deleted phone.apk, I got a look error and had to reset, but on reboot everything works fine and no more cell standby. Battery life seems better too.

#6 lubeca

lubeca

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

hi, i have the same problem and i did Roman root script so that phone.apk and Telephonyprovider.apk are renamed to old, yet still i see the cell bar? can anybody help?

Edited by lubeca, 07 December 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#7 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

I still see the cell bar too but it's not using the battery.

#8 Jellico

Jellico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

I decided to delete phone.apk and Telephonyprovider.apk from my system/app directory (actually, I just changed apk to ap1). When I deleted phone.apk, I got a look error and had to reset, but on reboot everything works fine and no more cell standby. Battery life seems better too.

Hey, can you tell me how to get to the system/app directory, I tried searching for the file by name but no joy. I want to delete those two files as I'm having the same issue with cell standby.

Thanks, Jellico

#9 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

You need to be rooted, and then run an explorer program that allows r/rw access like file expert or super manager (available free from the market).

You can also run Roman's script to root and delete the files (it's one of the options in the script).

#10 Jellico

Jellico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

You need to be rooted, and then run an explorer program that allows r/rw access like file expert or super manager (available free from the market).

You can also run Roman's script to root and delete the files (it's one of the options in the script).

Thanks classicalguy, this reminds me of when the pc first came out, 8086, learning DOS, formatting etc.

#11 lubeca

lubeca

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

am i missing something? i removed the files yet i still see the cell icon. is there actually a way to remove the icon itself.

on a side note why the tablet is thinking its a phone? even when turning off it says "phone turning off" weird.

#12 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

on a side note why the tablet is thinking its a phone? even when turning off it says "phone turning off" weird.
[/quote]

Because the Android operating system is designed primarily for phones, but is used on tablets. Honeycomb was the only tablet specific one, as far as I can tell, but 4.0 will be, again for phone and tablets. (Anyone, please feel free to tell me otherwise, but as far as I'm aware, what I've written is true)