Photo

Compatible Apps for T301 Download and Share apps through my bazaarandroid!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 catchulater1

catchulater1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Ok So what this thread is is basically showing you where to download apps to your cruz tablet from my database of them. You may also suggest apps that you do know work i will test them and upload to the database so you can download them there is about 15-20 apps as of right now. Go to http://www.appsandga...zaarandroid.com
click on the link and copy the enter the url into your t301's browser. click an app hit install on the next page!
  • FINCHER222 likes this

#2 531kjm

531kjm

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:26 PM

Ok So what this thread is is basically showing you where to download apps to your cruz tablet from my database of them. You may also suggest apps that you do know work i will test them and upload to the database so you can download them there is about 15-20 apps as of right now. Go to http://www.appsandga...zaarandroid.com
click on the link and copy the enter the url into your t301's browser. click an app hit install on the next page!

When you select the link it takes you to a page that says there are no applications. Here is a list of apps that I have found to work on my t301 after updating to android 2.2 through cruz and adding cyanogen mod 6 and downloading all of the google apps therein. I have working Google Android Market, Amazon Market, 1Market, SlideMe, A.I. type Keyboard (free version very customizable), Advanced task manager, Android Assistant, Android Music, AppStore, AppBrain, AskDroid, Backgrounds Box HD (do not try to install update as it fails everytime), Battery Indicator, best apps, Documents to Go pro version as the update/upgrade to officesuite is not totally functional on my tablet). YouVersion Bible, Olive Tree Bible, Documents to go, droid tv, FreeNote, GetJar (recognizes my device as a motorola xt301?) Handrite, Iphone Keyboard Free (do not try paid version as it seems to have bugs in it, but the free version works better than A.I. and standard android keyboard. A.I. is very customizable even to resizing the keyboard size.) JewelMagic, Jewels Deluxe, Jorte, Kaiten Mail, Loseit, Maxthon Browser (the tablet version DOES NOT WORK), Multicon, Phoenix (University of Phoenix app), QQ browser (this one offers clean and quick downloads but does not have the full functionality of skyfire. I recommend downloading the skyfire video license from 4shared as it enhances the free version of Skyfire). Solitaire Free Pack, SpaceJewels, StarBooks (the best epub reader I have found. Most do not work and the ones recommended by Cruz are very unfriendly to even a moderate ereader user.) Superbox pro, tv.com (I can actually watch shows through this and even YouTube works after downloading Cyanogen Mod 6 as mentioned in this forum. This did not require rooting my device and has enhanced the devices operating system. I don't know why but it runs smoother. Prior to downloading the Mod I couldn't watch any YouTube videos even in Skyfire. Now I can watch a 50 minute program with no problem). Ultra notes, weatherbug elite (this does work even though Cruz reported that it did not), wordgame pro, and word search. Many of the apps that I have found to work have been trial and error. Some are older versions as newer versions are not compatible with Android 2.2.

I paid $99 for my T301 and am loving it. I have had a couple of scares and had to use the reset button, but everything is working well now. The best home replacement launcher is ADW and there are many themes available through 4shared. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with.

#3 catchulater1

catchulater1

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

http://appsandgamest...aarandroid.com/ try that if that doesn't work then idk what's going on. Cause I have uploaded apps and they are in the my applications folder and it says they on one there! if you could try it and if it doesn't work help me?

#4 gartimusprime

gartimusprime

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

When you select the link it takes you to a page that says there are no applications. Here is a list of apps that I have found to work on my t301 after updating to android 2.2 through cruz and adding cyanogen mod 6 and downloading all of the google apps therein. I have working Google Android Market, Amazon Market, 1Market, SlideMe, A.I. type Keyboard (free version very customizable), Advanced task manager, Android Assistant, Android Music, AppStore, AppBrain, AskDroid, Backgrounds Box HD (do not try to install update as it fails everytime), Battery Indicator, best apps, Documents to Go pro version as the update/upgrade to officesuite is not totally functional on my tablet). YouVersion Bible, Olive Tree Bible, Documents to go, droid tv, FreeNote, GetJar (recognizes my device as a motorola xt301?) Handrite, Iphone Keyboard Free (do not try paid version as it seems to have bugs in it, but the free version works better than A.I. and standard android keyboard. A.I. is very customizable even to resizing the keyboard size.) JewelMagic, Jewels Deluxe, Jorte, Kaiten Mail, Loseit, Maxthon Browser (the tablet version DOES NOT WORK), Multicon, Phoenix (University of Phoenix app), QQ browser (this one offers clean and quick downloads but does not have the full functionality of skyfire. I recommend downloading the skyfire video license from 4shared as it enhances the free version of Skyfire). Solitaire Free Pack, SpaceJewels, StarBooks (the best epub reader I have found. Most do not work and the ones recommended by Cruz are very unfriendly to even a moderate ereader user.) Superbox pro, tv.com (I can actually watch shows through this and even YouTube works after downloading Cyanogen Mod 6 as mentioned in this forum. This did not require rooting my device and has enhanced the devices operating system. I don't know why but it runs smoother. Prior to downloading the Mod I couldn't watch any YouTube videos even in Skyfire. Now I can watch a 50 minute program with no problem). Ultra notes, weatherbug elite (this does work even though Cruz reported that it did not), wordgame pro, and word search. Many of the apps that I have found to work have been trial and error. Some are older versions as newer versions are not compatible with Android 2.2.

I paid $99 for my T301 and am loving it. I have had a couple of scares and had to use the reset button, but everything is working well now. The best home replacement launcher is ADW and there are many themes available through 4shared. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help with.

where did you find cyanogen mod 6 for the t301? I would be interested in that...
  • UberDalum likes this

#5 khernden69

khernden69

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

Does Angry Birds from Bazaar repository work on the T301 tablet? Here is the link for Cyanogen mod 6 for T301 tablet

http://wiki.cyanogen.../Latest_Version

#6 NottaCruzza

NottaCruzza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

I dont see any links for any of the Cruz tablets on that page. That is weird.

Sent from my T100 using Tapatalk

#7 gartimusprime

gartimusprime

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Does Angry Birds from Bazaar repository work on the T301 tablet? Here is the link for Cyanogen mod 6 for T301 tablet

http://wiki.cyanogen.../Latest_Version

which did you use since the velocity micro cruz t301 is not listed there as a compatible device??

#8 khernden69

khernden69

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

which did you use since the velocity micro cruz t301 is not listed there as a compatible device??

This is for the T301 only!!!!!

Click on the link I gave you. Scroll all the way to the bottom and go all the way to the left where is says CyanogenMod6 under Google App version. In that column go to the very last one and the download is under HDPI. It will be your first download that you select in that column. It is for CyanogenMod6

Can you please answer my question about Angry Birds? Can I play the game through your apps for my T301 Cruz? Thank you.

#9 kiwiwheels

kiwiwheels

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

hi, i am new to this,have downloaded the CyanogenMod6, it is now on my sd card. it has two files in the down load. ??? what do i do next to make it work please. dumb i know, but willing to learn from an expert. :)

#10 Drahric

Drahric

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Is there a possibility that the google market and sync thing can get added?

#11 Joe Bird X

Joe Bird X

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

I got my t301 2 days ago and installed the update.zip. Now running 2.2.

I was hopping to get adobe flash to work but the only way I ran flash apps was installing
Skyfire 4.1.0.
I was also able to install Remote RDP Lite 3.0.0
PDF Viewer 0.2.8
Dolphin Browser HD 7.3.0
ConnectBot 1.6.2

I got my apk files from a site called freewarelovers.com . I am not sure if this site is a good site for getting packages but again I am new to this so may be someone can tell me.

I was also unable to install opera or firefox. Is there a way to install apps on the memory card? may be creating a folder called system/app/ and copying the files there?

#12 Joe Bird X

Joe Bird X

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I just downloaded and installed real player on my t301 from the google market. Runs very smooth. Probably better that the default player.

#13 kusuriurikun

kusuriurikun

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

http://appsandgamest301.bazaarandroid.com/ try that if that doesn't work then idk what's going on. Cause I have uploaded apps and they are in the my applications folder and it says they on one there! if you could try it and if it doesn't work help me?

Second link works well :D

As an aside...is there perhaps a way we can either submit known working apps (including APKs) to the repository or some way in general we can point you to known working apps? I ask as I've been doing a fair amount of playing around with the "E-Reader With Benefits' (as I affectionately term the T301) and have gotten a number of apps (some freeware, some stuff I've legitimately purchased and transferred over) working successfully.

Among them, Boat Browser and Boat Browser Mini seem to work very well as alternatives for Dolphin/Dolphin Mini on the T301, Tapatalk seems to work OK (at least GetJar free versions), OverDrive (a tool for checking out library ebooks, also works as EPUB reader) works well, Moon Reader is known to work, there's a few others...

#14 kusuriurikun

kusuriurikun

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I got my t301 2 days ago and installed the update.zip. Now running 2.2.

I was hopping to get adobe flash to work but the only way I ran flash apps was installing
Skyfire 4.1.0.
I was also able to install Remote RDP Lite 3.0.0
PDF Viewer 0.2.8
Dolphin Browser HD 7.3.0
ConnectBot 1.6.2

I got my apk files from a site called freewarelovers.com . I am not sure if this site is a good site for getting packages but again I am new to this so may be someone can tell me.

Freewarelovers IS actually a pretty good site--actually, it's largely what Cruz Market uses for its apps anyways, so it's pretty trustworthy for those of us with MIPS tablets :D

I was also unable to install opera or firefox. Is there a way to install apps on the memory card? may be creating a folder called system/app/ and copying the files there?

The issues with some versions of Opera or Firefox have less to do with installing on the memory card and more to the fact they may not be MIPS-compatible. (Very long story short--there are three major forks with CPUs in Android boxen--Intel (started with ICS), ARM and ARM-alike (pretty much through the whole history of Android) and MIPS (through at least Froyo officially, unofficially there's folks working on stuff beyond Froyo).

There's no real guarantee that an app designed primarily for ARM and ARM-alikes will work with MIPS--and there's not been a lot of active development for MIPS in a while, so some newer apps don't play well with MIPS chips like the T301 has. (Firefox in particular would be an offender here.)

Also, sometimes there are apps that pretty much only work on Gingerbread on up--Tapatalk 2 betas did have this issue in some of the testing phases as they didn't include libraries that existed in Froyo but not in Gingerbread (this has since been fixed).

Hence why folks are working on a general repo of apps that are known and tested as working under our little T301s (which are MIPS boxen generally running Froyo). Quite a few more apps actually work under our machines than Android Market Google Play certifies as "working", it's mostly a process of trial and error because Google relies on what a manufacturer certifies as working to list whether or not it's compatible...and not a lot of manufacturers of software certify "Yeah, this'll work on those little weird MIPS machines" even if they use libraries that are compatible. :D
  • FranklyBemused likes this

#15 FranklyBemused

FranklyBemused

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

The issues with some versions of Opera or Firefox have less to do with installing on the memory card and more to the fact they may not be MIPS-compatible. (Very long story short--there are three major forks with CPUs in Android boxen--Intel (started with ICS), ARM and ARM-alike (pretty much through the whole history of Android) and MIPS (through at least Froyo officially, unofficially there's folks working on stuff beyond Froyo).

There's no real guarantee that an app designed primarily for ARM and ARM-alikes will work with MIPS--and there's not been a lot of active development for MIPS in a while, so some newer apps don't play well with MIPS chips like the T301 has. (Firefox in particular would be an offender here.)

Brilliant, succinct, and well-said. Thanks for posting this!

#16 nblack

nblack

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

This is for the T301 only!!!!!

Click on the link I gave you. Scroll all the way to the bottom and go all the way to the left where is says CyanogenMod6 under Google App version. In that column go to the very last one and the download is under HDPI. It will be your first download that you select in that column. It is for CyanogenMod6

Can you please answer my question about Angry Birds? Can I play the game through your apps for my T301 Cruz? Thank you.

this is the only mention of CM working on this tablet i have found. can anyone verify this works? i would assume if it would work it would have its own thread or something more searchable than this one off-topic post.

#17 Lana

Lana

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I just got my Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet 2 days ago and I have been trying to get it work with android apps,install google market and my touch screen is responding to my touch as well as I thought.I am having problem with the keypad.It seems like it only works on the right side of the keypad cuz each time I do try the shift button the delete button or the "L"button clicks.I need some help.Somebody who actually have time to do a back n forth kind of chat cause reading all these step by step instruction is really confusing and then some of the links for help with a certain software isn't work.

#18 BGranny

BGranny

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

[quote name='kusuriurikun' timestamp='1336323993' post='359927']
Second link works well :D

As an aside...is there perhaps a way we can either submit known working apps (including APKs) to the repository or some way in general we can point you to known working apps? I ask as I've been doing a fair amount of playing around with the "E-Reader With Benefits' (as I affectionately term the T301) and have gotten a number of apps (some freeware, some stuff I've legitimately purchased and transferred over) working successfully.

Among them, Boat Browser and Boat Browser Mini seem to work very well as alternatives for Dolphin/Dolphin Mini on the T301, Tapatalk seems to work OK (at least GetJar free versions), OverDrive (a tool for checking out library ebooks, also works as EPUB reader) works well, Moon Reader is known to work, there's a few others

#19 FINCHER222

FINCHER222

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

click on the link and copy the enter the url into your t301's browser. click an app hit install on the next pag

this is the only post that has truly helped me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users