model number: DK1031

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 savras

savras

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

weird, this doesnt recognize P041 roms and the firmware sent to me the seller has the android folder + 5 files, procedure to flash - and power button. maybe this is a new model?

youtube works, it came rooted but i installed titanium backup tells me that it is not and it dont work, market with only free apps but it doesnt download any of them. overall its not that bad, quite fast to load and so far no problems with crashes, camera works, gps stucked in china.

firmware sent by the seller: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXSYWGBD

Kernel: 2.6.32.9 kidult@ubuntu #14
version number: FRF85B
android 2.2 V4.1
16gb flytouch 3 6400mah battery 9v charger, silver back.

anybody can help me to discover wich roms i can use on it?

Edited by savras, 27 November 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#2 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

weird, this doesnt recognize P041 roms and the firmware sent to me the seller has the android folder + 5 files, procedure to flash - and power button. maybe this is a new model?

youtube works, it came rooted but i installed titanium backup tells me that it is not and it dont work, market with only free apps but it doesnt download any of them. overall its not that bad, quite fast to load and so far no problems with crashes, camera works, gps stucked in china.

firmware sent by the seller: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WXSYWGBD

Kernel: 2.6.32.9 kidult@ubuntu #14
version number: FRF85B
android 2.2 V4.1
16gb flytouch 3 6400mah battery 9v charger, silver back.

anybody can help me to discover wich roms i can use on it?

I don't think there any other builds for this model yet. The stuck in china problem is well documented in the other model threads, you need to discover if your gps hardware is working at all - I use GPS Test. Don't forget to put the antenna in, you will probably need it, and take it outside with a clear view of the sky for 20 minutes, if you cannot see any indication of satellite signal strength after 20 minutes it is FUBAR and you may want to think about looking for wiring faults or bad connections at the plug/socket. If you can see some indications then leave it until it gets a lock, you also might want to ensure you have a wifi connection so the current A-GPS data can be automatically downloaded for your location. (it will assist the gps to obtain a fix)

#3 lagathy

lagathy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

hi,

does anyone know how to flash this thing??...ive got the 5 files,bunged on sd card as per flytouch usual,and no joy...anyone??!...

#4 savras

savras

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

hi friend, the info the seller gave from this tablet is the - and power with the 5 files on the root of the SD card (not in the android directory), still that doesnt work for me, as my screen came broken i cannot do any further tests, cause im realy considering in send it back to the seller, but looks like to me, that it needs a proper root, it came rooted, but with a lot of bugs, as ive unrooted with zroot this thing came to give me acore errors and i had to do a factory reset, but now i cannot pass the calibration touch screen and do more tests, have to wait to arrive a new screen, if youre willing to test try some of the roms from P041 as ive described or that one ive posted that came from my seller.

but i dont think this model works with other roms, in my case at least ive tried and nothing happened..

#5 lkolstad

lkolstad

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Can i ask you how you did a factory reset. I have same model but cannot find info on how to do reset.

thank you

Leonard

#6 lagathy

lagathy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

hiyas..

Y,problem is..ive tried about 8 different roms..all put on root of sd card...the tablet just WONT go into update mode like on all the other models ive tried in the past...my whoesaler(and the factory) are fxxxing uselss of course...

what is the proceedure to flash this..has any managed to actually get the thing to even attempt an update??!!!

#7 savras

savras

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Can i ask you how you did a factory reset. I have same model but cannot find info on how to do reset.

thank you

Leonard

on settings menu theres an option to do a factory reset. also mine has a reset "hole" on the side of the device.

lagathy, ive tried that too. the seller told me the procedure - Plus Power button and the 5 files on the root of the card should do it. i wonder if this is a bug, cause the device came rooted, but it doesnt look like it is... and the boot only recognizes the sd card on the home screen, maybe that is why we are having these problems, boot priority should be on sd card first then the system... but that is only a guess.

#8 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

on settings menu theres an option to do a factory reset. also mine has a reset "hole" on the side of the device.

lagathy, ive tried that too. the seller told me the procedure - Plus Power button and the 5 files on the root of the card should do it. i wonder if this is a bug, cause the device came rooted, but it doesnt look like it is... and the boot only recognizes the sd card on the home screen, maybe that is why we are having these problems, boot priority should be on sd card first then the system... but that is only a guess.

That is not a factory reset. Both those procedures will just reset the cpu so the tablet will restart. A factory reset involves deleting all customer set options and data thus returning the tablet to the state it was in when it was fresh from the factory. Most of these FT3's have a hidden partition that contains the virgin image and a procedure that deletes the system partition and copies the virgin image to the system partition...usually switching the tablet on while holding one or more other keys, I'm not sure what the exact procedure is for a DK1031 model......other than that then a re-flash will accomplish the same result.

#9 immor2al

immor2al

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Wow, I have a Pad that is different from all, Most similar to this one, its a P045, x210, DK1031L. Came with 2.3.3 "Android World" the kernel is 2.6.35.7 infoTM root@ice #79 (gingerbreak done through market by myself) build is GRI40. Anybody know of any support..roms, firmware, ect...?Attached File  20120207_235913 (640x480).jpg   342.98KB   56 downloads

#10 gbl08ma

gbl08ma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

The board in the centre, with CPU, RAM, etc., looks like the one of my P041, but it's definitely not the same. The outer, bigger board is also much more populated (my P041's one almost has no components).
It clearly says WWE10, unlike the P041s (which IMO ave a similar bootloader).

Can't these Chinese guys just stick to a few hardware versions, and focus on improving the software instead of creating dozens of hardware revisions and versions? Or at least, release the source for their ubiquitous kernels and bootloaders...

#11 rombel

rombel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

hi all. anybody have firmware for that tablet? give me please link. thank

#12 automechcanic

automechcanic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Wow, I have a Pad that is different from all, Most similar to this one, its a P045, x210, DK1031L. Came with 2.3.3 "Android World" the kernel is 2.6.35.7 infoTM root@ice #79 (gingerbreak done through market by myself) build is GRI40. Anybody know of any support..roms, firmware, ect...?Attached File  20120207_235913 (640x480).jpg   342.98KB   56 downloads

That looks and sounds like what I have,if so including mine that makes 3.
I rooted mine with gingerbreak.I have not had any luck beyond that regarding finding firmware or roms.I made a usb to usb cable and tried to connect to tab.Using menu+pwr button,device suspends on android world screen.Plug usb cable into otg port,(install driver if not done previously),and xp pro finds SEC SOC Test Board.You can verify by looking at usb devices on pc.I have not been able to get mass storage device yet.Have not been able to establish connectivity thru ethernet to pc,however,ethernet works for connectivity to inet from home network.Have bounced from forum to forum trying to positively identify and not had much luck.Seen some command syntax in several threads regarding getting hardcoded info from build prop and one other file.Using the terminal emulator they discussed and typing in verbatum what I see,instead I recieve either permission denied or file not found or just returns to cursor and nothing.The only commands I have been succesfull with is ls,cd and a couple of others.
ANY help,direction or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!I have some knowledge and am more then willing to expand my knowledge and experiment,the problem is finding a developer/s that is/are interested in giving up some of thier time and energy to point us in that direction.
Thank you

Attached File  board.jpg   479.7KB   26 downloadsAttached File  chips.jpg   540.8KB   30 downloads

Edited by automechcanic, 16 May 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#13 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I just recently got one of these...
The board shows

WWE10-6-2-V2.0 DK1031L-2011.11.02
About Device showed it as P001...

and, of course, have had problems with it... I believe it was sold 'new' but is/was refurb...
Anyway, I have contacted the seller and they are 'supposed to be' getting me a fresh copy of the firmware.
(Factory reset did not work - missing, use SD card :rolleyes: )

I DID get it to run a copy of P041, but the U0 (I think) has relocated buttons... the VOL- is HOME, HOME is VOL-...
and the screen orientation is off... I have to use 'manual' to get it right.
WiFi doesnt work either... likely due to different chip...
The firmware came with 'updater' but Im unsure where to put it... in place of zSYS perhaps?

IF/WHEN the firmware shows up, I will report back and, if possible, make it available...
:D

This looks EXACTLY like mine, which also had 2.6.35.7-infoTM...
Doubt there's been much change(s) but if I find anything different I'll post it in this thread.

cheers! Lee

#14 automechcanic

automechcanic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Mine is currently stuck in bool loop.When I took it apart the wires for the wifi card broke.I tried to resolder but am going to need a solder station,cain't see the wires,lol.I found a link to and downloaded an updated firmware version.I am not sure if it will work,have not tried it yet.
http://depositfiles....files/lomjb88dg

Edited by automechcanic, 30 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#15 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Well... it didnt work with mine, but it's worth a try!

#16 automechcanic

automechcanic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

I found another link http://www.tornadoco...re/prod_86.html
Not sure about it,anyone?
I pulled the card out of the other untouched pad and put it in mine,it booted up and ran,I'm guessing because they are identical.I made a copy of the card using hdd raw and put it on a 8gb card I had laying around.It won't let me do a factory data reset,gives me an error message about something being corrupt.I need to do a factory reset on untouched device an try it again.Also need to resolder some wires.

#17 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I found another link http://www.tornadoco...re/prod_86.html
Not sure about it,anyone?
I pulled the card out of the other untouched pad and put it in mine,it booted up and ran,I'm guessing because they are identical.I made a copy of the card using hdd raw and put it on a 8gb card I had laying around.It won't let me do a factory data reset,gives me an error message about something being corrupt.I need to do a factory reset on untouched device an try it again.Also need to resolder some wires.

Well, I went ahead and ordered it... may take 6 hours to get the download OK tho...

So... you made an image file of that 8gb card? HMMMM? I would be quite interested in getting a copy of that file...

I think you'll find the factory reset is not kept on that card... but Ive been known to be wrong before! :p

#18 automechcanic

automechcanic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Well, I went ahead and ordered it... may take 6 hours to get the download OK tho...

So... you made an image file of that 8gb card? HMMMM? I would be quite interested in getting a copy of that file...

I think you'll find the factory reset is not kept on that card... but Ive been known to be wrong before! :p

I did also.I don't think it is either.Also don't think I'll have luck trying it after I do it on other then pull it and make another copy of it.In this forum there was someone else wanting a copy also.He provided the link and suggestion to use hdd raw.It sounds like he has same or similar device which is why he was after copy.Untouched device belongs to friend.All he asked was that I shared no personal info.So let me wipe it and make another copy.

#19 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

I did also.I don't think it is either.Also don't think I'll have luck trying it after I do it on other then pull it and make another copy of it.In this forum there was someone else wanting a copy also.He provided the link and suggestion to use hdd raw.It sounds like he has same or similar device which is why he was after copy.Untouched device belongs to friend.All he asked was that I shared no personal info.So let me wipe it and make another copy.

Well, I got it to work, but its not perfect...
The camera is upside-down, and it seems to be a serious software throwback from what it had...

Attached File  P001.jpg   90.09KB   36 downloads
What it had...

Attached File  2012-5-8-20-38-41.jpg   111.67KB   32 downloads
What it has now... :(

At least it is working tho... :rolleyes:

Edited by leeb, 08 May 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#20 automechcanic

automechcanic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Well, I got it to work, but its not perfect...
The camera is upside-down, and it seems to be a serious software throwback from what it had...

Attached File  P001.jpg   90.09KB   36 downloads
What it had...

Attached File  2012-5-8-20-38-41.jpg   111.67KB   32 downloads
What it has now... :(

At least it is working tho... :rolleyes:

Congrats.I see what you mean,different.Looks like you went from Gingerbread back to Froyo?I'm still waiting on mine.I wonder if any other roms will work with this version of firmware or if you could put honeycomb or something like that?