Market "network error"

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Kingloff

Dan Kingloff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Installed solo android market flash and I get the dreaded "network error" notice. Some forum talk about using a prior Google signon but I can't get into that; it asked me for a signon when I first installed the app and I established a new account, but now it just goes straight into the network error screen. Help!!!

#2 mac1_131

mac1_131

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

You are sure your wifi is working, right? It will give that error if there is no internet available.

Did the market update before you downloaded one app? If so, you have to try again.

Go to Settings, Manage Applications, scroll down and select Market

See if the "uninstall updates" button is there. If so, then your market did update. Go ahead and click on uninstall updates.

Then go back and delete your gmail account, and put it back in. Then go to market, you should see the "old" market

quickly download one free app, any app, to get your device registered. Then close market, it will update after a few minutes to the "new" market and you should be OK
  • 4x4droid likes this

#3 Dan Kingloff

Dan Kingloff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Market does not appear in the Manage Applications screen. My FW is SKI20_20110331_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP. Market is not in running services;SD card and device storage button gives me another error "process com.android settings has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Only place market shows up is the desktop and the es task manager where it says it's empty. Tried to reinstall a couple of times which seems successful except I get the error message and I can't put in another account. Wireless is working. I've done lots of searching to no avail. Where from here oh learned ones?

#4 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, I'm having similar problems too after Market had been working fine. About a month and 1/2 ago Market stopped working completely and you had to go to an older version of Market. Wonder if Google has made yet another change that's affecting this tablet.

#5 Dan Kingloff

Dan Kingloff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Ok, Is there a full flash of the firmware that'll reliably get me to the Market?

#6 mac1_131

mac1_131

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

sure kewlguy's 2.1.1 and roebeet's 1.1.1 are both open platform for WPDN and have reliable market (but you have to download one free app quick)

they definately have been monkeying with market some, my droid recently got yet another new market, but so far my WPDNs have ignored that update.

makes me wonder if that new kindle version did something to trigger it getting the new new market. not sure about that, I don't think anyone realls has spent much time looking at that firmware.

if you flash one of the above firmware versions, and it works for you, you can always download the kindle app from the market and it ought to be about the same as that SKI20 firmware.

I'd like to see the build.prop file out of that firmware, but not bad enough to dump my WPDN and flash it in.

hopefully this is not something that is going to spread.

#7 Dan Kingloff

Dan Kingloff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thanks. I bought a 2nd one so if I brick it I can copy the original stuff from #2.

#8 Dan Kingloff

Dan Kingloff

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Found the answer: Rolled date back a couple of days and whamo! it works! Thanks to the group for the help.

#9 4x4droid

4x4droid

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

You are sure your wifi is working, right? It will give that error if there is no internet available.

Did the market update before you downloaded one app? If so, you have to try again.

Go to Settings, Manage Applications, scroll down and select Market

See if the "uninstall updates" button is there. If so, then your market did update. Go ahead and click on uninstall updates.

Then go back and delete your gmail account, and put it back in. Then go to market, you should see the "old" market

quickly download one free app, any app, to get your device registered. Then close market, it will update after a few minutes to the "new" market and you should be OK

thank you!!!!! this worked!!!!

#10 e.stevens

e.stevens

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

I used the fw by kg & used his enhancement patch & the market works fine its just limited, not a lot of apps but I'm a newbie & I'm still researching

#11 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's limited to android 2.1 and lower apps, others will not run on the Novel anyway. I believe if you go to the on line version of android market and sign in to your account, you will see the other apps, but I don't think it will let you install them. Check the apps forum and see what is compatible and post what you want, someone is sure to chime in whether it works or not. If you are not seeing android 2.1 apps, then see the market fix file I posted in no matching content over in the main forum and it will fix the fingerprint in the build prop to mimic android 2.1.

Edited by panengineer, 07 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#12 PDuser

PDuser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm not sure where else to post this so I'm putting it here...if it should go somewhere else please move it to the correct discussion. I've had a WPDN since December 2010. I've loaded the GAPPS and supplement version of kewlguys OP based firmware upgrades and I've even used some of the SD card enhancements. I've loaded Dolphin browser, Kindle ereader, PanReader, SpeedTest, WiFi Analyzer, etc., all without any problems; I've been running this WPDN with these upgrades since last February. A few weeks ago I noticed I wasn't getting any preview of new apps in the Android Market. I read the threads above, uninstalled updates in Market and logged back into Market (I didn't uninstall my gmail account because I never had it loaded on my WPDN). Now I have the previews of what's new but I've noticed a lot of apps are no longer available for me to download. I realized this because I was flashing my sister's BPDN (Model No: PRD07T20WBL7, so I'm treating it likes it's a WPDN). I installed the GAPPS OP and then went looking to install Dolphin browser and Kobo ereader once I got Market working. Neither one shows up in the list of available apps to download when I do a search in Market. I then looked in Market on my old WPDN (which has been running GAPPS since last February 2011) and even though I have Dolphon brower on my WPDN, the Dolphin app doesn't show up in Market as being available to download when I do a search for the app in the Market..neither does the Kobo ereader app. It's almost as if Market doesn't think my version of OS is high enough to be able to download these apps. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to get these apps on the BPDN I'm working on?

Edited by PDuser, 23 February 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#13 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm not sure where else to post this so I'm putting it here...if it should go somewhere else please move it to the correct discussion. I've had a WPDN since December 2010. I've loaded the GAPPS and supplement version of kewlguys OP based firmware upgrades and I've even used some of the SD card enhancements. I've loaded Dolphin browser, Kindle ereader, PanReader, SpeedTest, WiFi Analyzer, etc., all without any problems; I've been running this WPDN with these upgrades since last February. A few weeks ago I noticed I wasn't getting any preview of new apps in the Android Market. I read the threads above, uninstalled updates in Market and logged back into Market (I didn't uninstall my gmail account because I never had it loaded on my WPDN). Now I have the previews of what's new but I've noticed a lot of apps are no longer available for me to download. I realized this because I was flashing my sister's BPDN (Model No: PRD07T20WBL7, so I'm treating it likes it's a WPDN). I installed the GAPPS OP and then went looking to install Dolphin browser and Kobo ereader once I got Market working. Neither one shows up in the list of available apps to download when I do a search in Market. I then looked in Market on my old WPDN (which has been running GAPPS since last February 2011) and even though I have Dolphon brower on my WPDN, the Dolphin app doesn't show up in Market as being available to download when I do a search for the app in the Market..neither does the Kobo ereader app. It's almost as if Market doesn't think my version of OS is high enough to be able to download these apps. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to get these apps on the BPDN I'm working on?

Not sure if you are talking about on a WPDN or a BPDN since you go back and forth in your post. As for the White, you might try to flash the market fix for no matching content and see if that fixes the problem. On the other hand, in the BPDN forum, Terminander gives some tricks on solving a similar problem in his first post on the BPDN new android 2.1 firmware that seem to involve some steps that force a market update, change the date back one day, open market and download a couple of apps, then change the date back to the correct date.

#14 PDuser

PDuser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Not sure if you are talking about on a WPDN or a BPDN since you go back and forth in your post. As for the White, you might try to flash the market fix for no matching content and see if that fixes the problem. On the other hand, in the BPDN forum, Terminander gives some tricks on solving a similar problem in his first post on the BPDN new android 2.1 firmware that seem to involve some steps that force a market update, change the date back one day, open market and download a couple of apps, then change the date back to the correct date.

I'm talking about two different PDN's, one is white and the black one is a model (PRD07T20WBL7)that essentially works the same as my white one. I'm having the same problem on both...Thanks for the response.

#15 PDuser

PDuser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Also, where is the "market fix for no matching content?"

#16 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Also, where is the "market fix for no matching content?"

http://www.slatedroi...ent-market-fix/

Also a lot of discussion on this problem in Kewlguy's FW thread.

#17 PDuser

PDuser

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

YEEESSSS!!!! That did the trick...I don't know how I missed that thread! Thanks Panengineer! And of course, thanks kewlguy for making so many great builds. The WPDN would be crap without all of your support!

#18 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

YEEESSSS!!!! That did the trick...I don't know how I missed that thread! Thanks Panengineer! And of course, thanks kewlguy for making so many great builds. The WPDN would be crap without all of your support!

Great! We hoped a moderator would sticky that thread, but we haven't had any such luck. That was a big issue a month or two ago, over 1000 downloads of the fix so far. I was bumping the thread occasionally to keep it near the top of the forum and noticible, but I haven't done that in a while. Maybe you can post something there about how it solved your problem so it moves it up near the top again.

#19 DVD2955

DVD2955

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

Is there a version of the fix/patch which could be installed with out trying to "FLASH OVER"?? Due to the 'FLIPPED' SD CARD on the version of the firmware I am running I have to try to pull my internal SDCARD and install it from there and really don't want to have to pull the cover at this time..
I know that there should be some way to "ADB" it.. I think the command I am looking for is ""remount""?.
:David
Version: 1 Kohls WPDN: Firmware Being Used As Of 03/28/11:
RoeBeet's: Alternate WPDN Firmware: Modified OP/Stock OPDN v1.1.0 (With Gapps) + OPDN v1.1.1 Supplement + BrownTiger's incremental update: 03/24/11.

#20 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Is there a version of the fix/patch which could be installed with out trying to "FLASH OVER"?? Due to the 'FLIPPED' SD CARD on the version of the firmware I am running I have to try to pull my internal SDCARD and install it from there and really don't want to have to pull the cover at this time..
I know that there should be some way to "ADB" it.. I think the command I am looking for is ""remount""?.
:David

All my no market content fix "flashes over" is the build prop file. You should be able to flash it from from the internal or the external SD card even if they are swapped as long as you don't have another zip file in the root of either. It should be changing the file in memory, not on the cards. But if you are running one of the alpha or beta FWs that is higher than android 2.1, you will want to modify the fingerprint to something that runs that higher version of android. I believe you can edit the ro.fingerprint directly in the build prop file with a text editor and push it over with adb or perhaps actually in the WPDN and reboot.