reddeviluk, on 09 March 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:
Hi Guys, I actually feel bad for having to ask this. I have used my Hannspad since new with no issues, it was hacked/flashed and I put Flashback 10.1 on it and have been happy ever since. I now fancy trying this new stock ROM too see if it fixes my issues with the market etc. But as I have only messed with my Pad that once I have lost what little knowledge I had on the subject. Is there a basic guid I should follow to getting mine back to stock please? Guessing it's it the UP Volume rocker, Power button, then update.zip from the file I download (just above this post)????.
Sorry Guys, can someone guide me a little please?.
Since your on flashback I am assuming you have CWM already installed.
1) Download the rom HERE
2) Rename the file to "update.zip"
3) Move the file to the the root of your tablet internal storage
4) reboot tablet and hold Up volume rocker + power button to get into CWM recovery
5) Make a backup of your current rom using the backup option
6) Once that has completed, select the option apply update.zip (there will be an error as CWM doesn't have permission to flash recovery kernel)
7) Once that has completed, select wipe data/factory reset
8.) Reboot tablet (may take a while)
9) Reboot the tablet again, holding Vol Up + power button to enter recovery.
10) you should now have stock recovery. (the controls will be different, home key and the power button functions will be swapped)
11) Select apply update.zip again (this will update your recovery kernel)
12) Wipe data/factory reset again
13) Reboot tablet (again, may take a while)
and your done
If your having problems with SOD go HERE
and download the new kernel, change its name to update.zip and stick it on the root of an SD card or the root of the internal storage. Flash it using the apply update.zip like you did with the rom. This should fix the issue.
Note: I've done this tutorial from memory so give me a bell if I have made a mistake
This post has been edited by Ellhead: 11 March 2012 - 08:20 AM