Stock ROM update 6039

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Ellhead

Ellhead

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for your help but still stuck, please could someone do a guide to install market on stock including any files required. It took age to get back to stock and I do not want to cock it up again. This stock Rom is good.
Many thanks would be very very gratefully: )

There is a post on the 2nd page of this thread linking to a pre rooted version with market already installed. you will want to install the hybrid kernel though as it may give sod. I've been using it for months with no problems. :-)

Check this version (is for 1653):

[ROM] ORIGINAL v1.4-6039+ROOT+MARKET (SN10T130R1653)

DOWNLOAD
MD5: 44E49E27B0BCB30945AE247CD7117772
SHA-1: 98284EA61B737B442C0B065DA5728C32883255E5

#62 greamec

greamec

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

There is a post on the 2nd page of this thread linking to a pre rooted version with market already installed. you will want to install the hybrid kernel though as it may give sod. I've been using it for months with no problems. :-)

Looks good Ellhead, will I be able to install this as an update.zip using the stock version of clockwork?

Cheers Greame

#63 Ellhead

Ellhead

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Looks good Ellhead, will I be able to install this as an update.zip using the stock version of clockwork?

Cheers Greame

I would absolutely install it as an update.zip. The rom has an updated bootloader kernel which can not be flashed properly with CWM, this has caused a lot of people grief with ICS roms.

look in the forum for the hybrid kernel and install that as update.zip too if you start getting sods (sleep of death). it will fix it and give you that ability to overclock.

Verify the MD5 checksum before flashing just to be safe. Ideally you want to make a nandroid backup with CWM though.

#64 reddeviluk

reddeviluk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

I would absolutely install it as an update.zip. The rom has an updated bootloader kernel which can not be flashed properly with CWM, this has caused a lot of people grief with ICS roms.

look in the forum for the hybrid kernel and install that as update.zip too if you start getting sods (sleep of death). it will fix it and give you that ability to overclock.

Verify the MD5 checksum before flashing just to be safe. Ideally you want to make a nandroid backup with CWM though.

Hi Guys, I actually feel bad for having to ask this. I have used my Hannspad since new with no issues, it was hacked/flashed and I put Flashback 10.1 on it and have been happy ever since. I now fancy trying this new stock ROM too see if it fixes my issues with the market etc. But as I have only messed with my Pad that once I have lost what little knowledge I had on the subject. Is there a basic guid I should follow to getting mine back to stock please? Guessing it's it the UP Volume rocker, Power button, then update.zip from the file I download (just above this post)????.

Sorry Guys, can someone guide me a little please?.

Cheers,

Rich

#65 greamec

greamec

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for your help Ellhead, perfect :)

#66 scottyw

scottyw

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi,
I've played around with a number of roms, but actually find the stock rom, since the upgrade is very easy to use. Quite like it!!

#67 Ellhead

Ellhead

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi Guys, I actually feel bad for having to ask this. I have used my Hannspad since new with no issues, it was hacked/flashed and I put Flashback 10.1 on it and have been happy ever since. I now fancy trying this new stock ROM too see if it fixes my issues with the market etc. But as I have only messed with my Pad that once I have lost what little knowledge I had on the subject. Is there a basic guid I should follow to getting mine back to stock please? Guessing it's it the UP Volume rocker, Power button, then update.zip from the file I download (just above this post)????.

Sorry Guys, can someone guide me a little please?.

Cheers,

Rich

Since your on flashback I am assuming you have CWM already installed.

1) Download the rom HERE
2) Rename the file to "update.zip"
3) Move the file to the the root of your tablet internal storage
4) reboot tablet and hold Up volume rocker + power button to get into CWM recovery
5) Make a backup of your current rom using the backup option
6) Once that has completed, select the option apply update.zip (there will be an error as CWM doesn't have permission to flash recovery kernel)
7) Once that has completed, select wipe data/factory reset
8.) Reboot tablet (may take a while)
9) Reboot the tablet again, holding Vol Up + power button to enter recovery.
10) you should now have stock recovery. (the controls will be different, home key and the power button functions will be swapped)
11) Select apply update.zip again (this will update your recovery kernel)
12) Wipe data/factory reset again
13) Reboot tablet (again, may take a while)

and your done :)

If your having problems with SOD go HERE and download the new kernel, change its name to update.zip and stick it on the root of an SD card or the root of the internal storage. Flash it using the apply update.zip like you did with the rom. This should fix the issue.

Note: I've done this tutorial from memory so give me a bell if I have made a mistake :)

Elliot.

Edited by Ellhead, 11 March 2012 - 08:20 AM.

• reddeviluk likes this

#68 ikorodu

ikorodu

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the Guide!

I've noticed that certain apps have gone from the market. All the EA games for example. They were there at first but have now gone. Any idea. How to get them back?

TIA ikorodu

#69 Ellhead

Ellhead

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the Guide!

I've noticed that certain apps have gone from the market. All the EA games for example. They were there at first but have now gone. Any idea. How to get them back?

TIA ikorodu

Yea, the stock rom has fairly dire market compatability. there is a number of things you can do, the most predominant of whitch is to alter the DPI in the build.prop . This will Bork the stock launcher so you will have to use another (I recommend go launcher ex).

You can also change the device identity in the build.prop but I couldn't get better compatability. there is plenty of info on the tinterwebs on how to do this and I think there is a ready done one of the threads.

Elliot.

Sack that, there was already a link in this thread. Anyway, New Build.prop

Edited by Ellhead, 11 March 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#70 greamec

greamec

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Really like the stock Rom but how do I delete the stock apps? Like the weather app on the bottom bar.
cheers greame

Edited by greamec, 12 March 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#71 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#72 str8g8

str8g8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

greamec, on 09 March 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:
Thanks for your help but still stuck, please could someone do a guide to install market on stock including any files required. It took age to get back to stock and I do not want to cock it up again. This stock Rom is good.
Many thanks would be very very gratefully: )

desdelsur, on 03 December 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:
Check this version (is for 1653):

[ROM] ORIGINAL v1.4-6039+ROOT+MARKET (SN10T130R1653)

DOWNLOAD
MD5: 44E49E27B0BCB30945AE247CD7117772
SHA-1: 98284EA61B737B442C0B065DA5728C32883255E5

Well, after battling with gtabcomb for a while, I finally had enough of flash and market problems and have gone back to the stock 6039 rom using the above. I'm using a 1653 and have had no SOD so far, so hopefully I don't need the kernal mentioned, time will tell.

Impressions: on first booting up, I could access market again, but couldn't download any of the previous apps I'd paid for. Upon rebooting this was fixed. So yay! Hopefully it won't break every time Google change the store. I haven't tried the fix for getting more market apps working. As mentioned by others, video playback is better than on honeycomb roms, and screen is more responsive generally (I think).

What I miss is the app switcher (maybe there is an app to reproduce this) and just the general look and feel of the honeycomb apps.

Overall, it feels strange being back on the stock, but it definately feels more responsive than when I first tried it out of the box. The tapntap ui is still fugly imo, but I've decided the way to go is custom home\launcher. I've tried Launcher GO which is ok but I have some niggles. Is there anyway to get rid of the side bar for instance? Or change the number of homescreens?

As the tablet is mainly for the kids, I'm still looking for a tablet orientated launcher that just keeps things simple.

#73 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#74 str8g8

str8g8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Trying Zeam atm and it is very nice, simple and clutter free, especially full screen and with the dock removed.

Bit of a pain to get it installed - wouldn't download via market or appbrain, so I had to find it "elsewhere"

Having an issue with the stock browser though - it seems particularly unresponsivee, and the menu and tool bars seem to take up a lot of real estate. I tried opera mini (the only one available to me on market) and flash won't work.

Can anyone recommend another lightweight browser for the stock rom? Or a way to make opera work with flash?

Also, I'm suing upnplay and moboplayer to access movies on a network. This combination works well and I can even create shortcuts to network folders on the home screen using upnplay's bookmarks. But stopping a movie from moboplayer using the back button is proving problematic - it just skips to the next movie, over and over - I have to go into manage applications and force close it - very annoying.

Are there any better ways of playing movies over a network? or a way of getting mobo to exit cleanly?

thanks in advance

#75 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#76 str8g8

str8g8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Have to say, I haven't had issue with either the stock rom, or opera with flash - which version of flash are you using? The 10.3 verion, or latest 11.x.x.x?

11.x

Also, I think there are 2 versions of opera - I could only see and download opera mini, maybe this is part of the problem?

Although I've got mobo player installed, I don't tend to use it, I tend to use MX player - and I don't stream video to it - but can't you touch the screen to bring up the interface, then hit a pause or stop button (not that au fait with mobo)?

yeah you can do that with mobo - the problem comes when you hit the back button to exit and go back to upnplay, instead of exiting cleanly it starts another movie, and trying to get back into upnplay is impossible without force closing mobo.

I'll check out MX player, and see if that plays nice

#77 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#78 str8g8

str8g8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

Managed to get opera mobile - not available through market though! and Flash is working - yay!

Figured out the movie problem - it was a setting in upnplay for playing entire folders! Switching that off allows mobo player to exit cleanly. doh! Switched to MX player now though, it is much nicer to use - cheers.

Got the hannspad set up pretty sweet now, feels like a new machine :¬)

Weird thing though, installed the you tube app - which was about the only thing that would work consistently on the custom rom, and it refused to play anything! go figure ¬¬ I'll maybe try it through the browser.

Small question - is there any way of changing an icon - in zeam or in android generally?

#79 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#80 str8g8

str8g8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

Found Folder Organiser which is a nice free app that lets you change the icon and label - works well with the Zeam launcher to help customise things. Changed the Opera "O" icon to a generic World icon.

One thing I just noticed is how bad the wallpapers look, especially when you select your own - is this default android 2.x behaviour? I assume its because it has to deal with the screen rotation or something, but after selecting you photo and cropping, it only uses the top left corner ...