Stock ROM update 6039

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 fallingbadgers

fallingbadgers

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

Recognise that you are all using exciting custom ROMs while using your Hannspad's to control your jetpacks but for us old fogeys Hannspree have released an update to the stock ROM.

6039 brings a new, improved wifi control panel, support for VPN's, bigger text select controls for text fields, a screen orientation lock control and updated versions of the stock apps (well some at least).

Wifi is definitely more reliable, the tablet is more responsive, you can still root it via Z4root, the new text selection and on-screen touch pressure indicators are much appreciated, you can crop or resize wallpaper when you first select it and the smaller toolbar indicators for time, battery etc are more elegant. Oh, and the home screen now does portrait as well as landscape.

Downsides are that the screen touch freeze issue still occurs :( and the screen orientation lock does not work quite how my brain would expect - it works on the basis of the last application's orientation not the home screen.

But a worthwhile update for us traditionalists. :)

Sent from my SN10T1 using Tapatalk

#2 TaoJay

TaoJay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:58 AM

But it doesn't control my jetpack!!!!!

Hopefully is not the last update and they will work to include jetpack control, and sort out the laggy touch screen!

#3 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#4 fallingbadgers

fallingbadgers

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Actually, the laggy screen seems to be mainly a thing of the past with the new ROM. Save, oddly enough, when my hands are cold!

With the new ROM rooted and the Market installed I will wait for the great work on ICS to complete before venturing into jetpack territory. :)

#5 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:58 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#6 fallingbadgers

fallingbadgers

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Just used z4root, with USB debugging turned on it is a one click operation to get root.

Then used ES File Explorer to make System folder writeable and copied necessary files like vending.APk before installing, finally ran Google Services Framework. Followed instructions elsewhere in forum.

Note - based on very faulty recollection of installation done while I had the flu. :)

#7 Wongsky

Wongsky

don't wanna share

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

Edited by Wongsky, 05 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#8 AZZiDO

AZZiDO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Any videos?
Hannspree Hannspad (1633) | CyanogenMod 7.2.0 - chrisd1a1 Gingerpadd RC4 | Hybrid Kernel v3

#9 fards

fards

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

I had a play with this early,
(I had to nvflash so I thought why not :D )
with quite a lot of tweaking it could be quite a nice rom, just a bit outdated now..
use a decent launcher, and tweak some of the resolutions, open up the frameworks a little.
GIthub for source codes.

My github collection

If you feel like donating, then Thank You! but don't stress either way.

#10 fallingbadgers

fallingbadgers

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Wongsky's detailed and excellent account reflects my experience as well. I was delighted to find that iPlayer now runs smoothly at 800kbps.

It now feels like a responsive and useful tablet. Happy to continue using it until the might of accelerated ICS is available.

#11 pietergompie

pietergompie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hallo,
I tried to install the update 6039, but I keep getting the message that there is not enough room.
Do not understand it, there's plenty of storage space.

#12 TaoJay

TaoJay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

I had a play with the stock rom updated, it was nice and fast and for the 1st time HW Accel on video's, the other thing of note was the RAM reported as 400+ meg (467 meg i think) with 300+ meg free.

I loaded Go launcher EX which has a running tab in the app draw, the most reported was 364 meg free!

And it certainly runs smooth. As a side note be sure not to install CWM before updating the stock ROM it won't install and you get stuck in CWM bootloop.

I have reverted back to my FB 10.1, iPlayer is not key for me and Rock plays AVI's great under software, so the backward step in android version not worth it for me.

For sure the Stock ROM updated coupled with a new launcher is a viable ROM option.

#13 Jazzle

Jazzle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

I too have tried the new stock rom and, indeed, it is great! I have rooted it and installed google apps and launcherpro on it and removed the majority of system apps without a problem. It is super smooth and no more tap 'n tap stuff. Of course I will install ICS when it's done but indeed, having an outdated but fully working rom is better than a bleeding edge incomplete one, so I will wait for it to become beta at least.

#14 contemacchia

contemacchia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi but it's possible to have "Tegra zone" in market with this update? I have buy some games with Vegan's tab (shadow gun ecc.) and i don't want lose......

#15 Jazzle

Jazzle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

One downside: my touchscreen sometimes stops working, it only works with two fingers from then on... It also does this with the others roms only then putting into sleep and back again would be enough to fix it, now I need a full reboot.

#16 popoyaya

popoyaya

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

One downside: my touchscreen sometimes stops working, it only works with two fingers from then on... It also does this with the others roms only then putting into sleep and back again would be enough to fix it, now I need a full reboot.

How many fingers does it usually work with? The Hannspad has two point multitouch.

#17 Jazzle

Jazzle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

How many fingers does it usually work with? The Hannspad has two point multitouch.

I mean it doesn't work if you only use one finger (it just won't detect), to press a button in the middle of the screen you will have to put one finger on the side of the screen (which still works) and the other on the correct spot on the screen, then it works (to turn off and reboot using the dialog).

#18 AZZiDO

AZZiDO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Any advice on how to get the 6039 stock rom running if we have installed CWM 2.5.1.1 and other custom roms. Do we simply flash the update.zip from hannspad website? Are we OK to leave CWM 2.5.1.1 installed or do we need stock recovery?
Hannspree Hannspad (1633) | CyanogenMod 7.2.0 - chrisd1a1 Gingerpadd RC4 | Hybrid Kernel v3

#19 Jazzle

Jazzle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Any advice on how to get the 6039 stock rom running if we have installed CWM 2.5.1.1 and other custom roms. Do we simply flash the update.zip from hannspad website? Are we OK to leave CWM 2.5.1.1 installed or do we need stock recovery?

you can install the stock rom using the update.zip in cwm, it will however overwrite your cwm with the stock recovery, so simply put the cwm update.zip on a sd card, and reflash it after you've flashed the stock rom.

#20 AZZiDO

AZZiDO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

Could we simply delete recovery.img from update zip to stop it overwriting CWM?