8 replies to this topic

#1 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Tipstir over at Android Tablet Zone is working on a mod for the Pandigital Supernova. We have been using my tablet as the sacrificial lamb and although right now it is just a build.prop and some performance tweaks the performance boost has been great. I went from 1500+ms in DeviceMark to barely over 800ms. CaffeineMark more than doubled.. Quadrant Standard went from 1200 to 2008 best score. The beta is available now to download. There is more coming as he is working on more files and the launcher from the latest stock build. He also has a Gapps install you can run from your PC and ADB.

Once he is finished with this mod I am going to ask him to take a look at the Nova or Skypad next.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#2 Edge310

Edge310

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

I also have a Supernova. I'm not really sure where to post this since this is noob first post.

I did manage to Install Android Market AppBrain and other markets on Supernova WITHOUT hack or root. I worked off the posts on youtube and trial and error but have been running for 3 weeks and no complaints or stutters.

I followed directions on video on how to install market on Kyros 7022. by daprospecta. He states you dont need to add Gmail, talk and Maps but you DO and in that order BEFORE you install Market and power down(not opening).

My Supernova as yet is still not rooted. Market will pickup any apps added previously (as I did via apks and sd transfer) and will update them (free and purchased).

Hope this helps.

#3 gamble61

gamble61

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Tipstir over at Android Tablet Zone is working on a mod for the Pandigital Supernova. We have been using my tablet as the sacrificial lamb and although right now it is just a build.prop and some performance tweaks the performance boost has been great. I went from 1500+ms in DeviceMark to barely over 800ms. CaffeineMark more than doubled.. Quadrant Standard went from 1200 to 2008 best score. The beta is available now to download. There is more coming as he is working on more files and the launcher from the latest stock build. He also has a Gapps install you can run from your PC and ADB.

Once he is finished with this mod I am going to ask him to take a look at the Nova or Skypad next.

Sounds interesting and I will be curious to see how your work develops. Good job.

#4 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Sounds interesting and I will be curious to see how your work develops. Good job.

Well "your" is pretty generous. He's Pavlov, I'm just the dog. There is a snag as right now it appears the gui and recovery are locked down. Haven't done much besides the performance tweaks.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#5 ABQ_Jammer

ABQ_Jammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationABQ, NM

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

That would be great IF we could get access to ATZ. I've been trying for over a month, and STILL do NOT have access to any of the mods there. I've given up trying. It makes me feel like it's being run by a child, and since I'm not in his 'clique', and I'm not paying him for access, then I'm not getting in. That probably is NOT the case, but that's the way I feel, like I'm being left out because I complained about how long it has been taking to get access, so now tipster is refusing to grant me access at all. Not a good feeling, either.

Is there any way these mods could be posted here so we could get at them? Granted, giving credit where credit is due.

Jammer

#6 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

That would be great IF we could get access to ATZ. I've been trying for over a month, and STILL do NOT have access to any of the mods there. I've given up trying. It makes me feel like it's being run by a child, and since I'm not in his 'clique', and I'm not paying him for access, then I'm not getting in. That probably is NOT the case, but that's the way I feel, like I'm being left out because I complained about how long it has been taking to get access, so now tipster is refusing to grant me access at all. Not a good feeling, either.

Is there any way these mods could be posted here so we could get at them? Granted, giving credit where credit is due.

Jammer

No.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#7 TWF

TWF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Jammer

Dude, not sure why you cannot access it but I just registered and have access in about 5 min. Just followed all there guidelines. Maybe you said something to tick them off? There rules are a bit anal but it is there forum, so they can be anal if they want ;)
Hi there!

#8 ABQ_Jammer

ABQ_Jammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationABQ, NM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Dude, not sure why you cannot access it but I just registered and have access in about 5 min. Just followed all there guidelines. Maybe you said something to tick them off? There rules are a bit anal but it is there forum, so they can be anal if they want ;)

Not sure what I could've done to 'tick them off'. I waited for at least a day or two before pestering them with more messages, pointing out that the forum everyone new was supposed to be posting to was locked, and once that was fixed, waiting another day or so before sending them more messages asking about when I was going to get access. I then sent messages indicating that I wanted to help, but after a couple more days to a week of still no access, I tried contacting them again, and, after no response, started posting my frustrations to the only forum available forum. Other people, it seems had the same frustrations, and posted the same, so I didn't think that should affect my status. After 2-3 weeks of STILL no response, I tried sending the admin ANOTHER email message apologizing if I had offended them, but AGAIN, no response.

If you think there is anything I could do at this point to get access, please let me know.

Jammer

#9 ABQ_Jammer

ABQ_Jammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationABQ, NM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Well, I finally got access to ATZ site. I looked all over for this mod, but wasn't able to get it. It seems it's marked as 'Private' on the file server being used.

Would you please let us know where exactly to get this on the site?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users