ANother noobie issue with the gtab

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quantrel

quantrel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I asked for help last week and got a great response in reference to installing Frankentab. Well I did the step by step directions and had some problems. I turned off the tab, it seemed to go to the Android recovery, not Clockwork. So I couldnt follow the r4est of the directions to install the new rom. Once I chose the internal install, (which I thought was the SD card) the tab went right back to BOS which I wanted to override. I went to market to see if I could get Clockworkrom, and I found the app ROM manager which mentioned it needed Clockwork to work. And looked like it installed Clockwork when I opened the app. However when I wnet to turn on the tablet and hold down the power and volume + key, it gave a me the recovery key detected on the top of the screen and didnt go any further into the recovery system. I am now confused. Do I have Clockwork? Can I install Froyo rom, like Frankentab. Frankentab was downloaded as a zip and is sitting in my download files on my tablet. Did I screw this up totally or did I just miss a step? Please advise.

#2 gallasm

gallasm

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

I asked for help last week and got a great response in reference to installing Frankentab. Well I did the step by step directions and had some problems. I turned off the tab, it seemed to go to the Android recovery, not Clockwork. So I couldnt follow the r4est of the directions to install the new rom. Once I chose the internal install, (which I thought was the SD card) the tab went right back to BOS which I wanted to override. I went to market to see if I could get Clockworkrom, and I found the app ROM manager which mentioned it needed Clockwork to work. And looked like it installed Clockwork when I opened the app. However when I wnet to turn on the tablet and hold down the power and volume + key, it gave a me the recovery key detected on the top of the screen and didnt go any further into the recovery system. I am now confused. Do I have Clockwork? Can I install Froyo rom, like Frankentab. Frankentab was downloaded as a zip and is sitting in my download files on my tablet. Did I screw this up totally or did I just miss a step? Please advise.

Well, if you're like me, you may have pulled a bonehead move and not unzipped the clockworkmod file. I know a lot of the tutorials have you download a file called cwmod_internal.zip or cwmod_external.zip which you UNZIP FIRST then put the extracted items on your tablet's internal storage or SD card. I was an idiot and just put the cwmod_internal.zip file directly on the tablet instead of extracting the files first and wondered why the heck things weren't working. So...
Step 1: Download cwmod_internal.zip (or cwmod_external.zip)
Step 2: Unzip the file which will create an update.zip file and a recovery folder
Step 3: Copy update.zip and the recovery folder to your tablet's root directory
Step 4: Reboot into stock recovery which will run the update.zip and install clockworkmod recovery
Good luck!

#3 c1tobor

c1tobor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

ROM manager is a big no no I believe.

I think you should NVflash back to stock and use your computer to drag and drop the .zip files (roms)into you gtab's root folder. Thats the way I've always done it and never had any real problems.

JMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users