#3 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hmm...

I own it since November 6, 2011.

So far, my observations
1. The touch screen is alright. Sensitive enough, occasional misses, but not that big of a deal. Not at par with my iPhone 3GS though.
2. Battery, I guess this is the most amazing aspect of the tablet. Though I haven't watched consecutive movies, but I watched about 2 episodes of a 55-minute TV show on 50% below batteries, still got enough to play surf facebook and tweet. Then got tired of it, and just charged it. :)
3. My problem is the internal storage, I think the one being used when installing from the Market is too small. I constantly get that out of space notification. Not sure if this is phone relevant, or all android devices got this problem.
4. Overall, it is amazing for its price.

I'll add more if I got the time. :)

#4 ricardo70

ricardo70

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

Root / Custom ROM anyone?

Check out tweakers.net the forum about the xiron is the same tablet but you need to use the one rutunru made I did now I have root now and ntfs read so big filles more than 4 gb.use the second rom from him not the last ones he made based on h700 that don't work on the newsmy no wifi the xiron has g and n wifi the newsmy only has g. Richard from holland

#5 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

Thank you so much Richard. If you got the time, would you be able to give me a step by step process on how to do it? I am new with these tablets, and I really don't know how to change them.

#6 ricardo70

ricardo70

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Thank you so much Richard. If you got the time, would you be able to give me a step by step process on how to do it? I am new with these tablets, and I really don't know how to change them.

Hello sLapz here what do you download rockchip devicemanager from the tweakers.net web side i think you can find it here also or use google to find it use the english version. you have to instal the driver for the newws my on your windows computer no 64bit windows 7 it does not work good you can find this in this forum my forum is dutch so you must translate it
go to page 1 there you find the link to the firmware you need this is the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SKYHNOP .oke your tablet is of now hold the m button no cables in the device this is the bootloader mode the screen stays black now conect the power cable en the usb use a good usb cable not the one from the tablet if the device is conected you must see new device found in windows stop holding the M button now thats good now start up rockchip devicemanager let him find the firmware and hit the update button it must work like this I am also not a tec guy and I am dutch so sorry for my english if it does not work use google translate on the tweaks web side these guys are pro''s they can surly help u greatings from holland Richard Zeedijk
  • sLapz likes this

#7 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Thanks, Richard.

I was able to flash a Custom ROM, used the 3rd Generation they are talking about in tweakers.net. Google Translate is Look and Feel ICS ROM..

It is amazing. For anyone there needed to flash a Custom ROM for their Kingcom Joypad C81, just let me know. So that I can post here the steps.

Thanks! :)

#8 ricardo70

ricardo70

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, Richard.

I was able to flash a Custom ROM, used the 3rd Generation they are talking about in tweakers.net. Google Translate is Look and Feel ICS ROM..

It is amazing. For anyone there needed to flash a Custom ROM for their Kingcom Joypad C81, just let me know. So that I can post here the steps.

Thanks! :)HI SLapz I have a question about the 3rd rom i have used it to but my wifi went bad no good conection how is your wifi whit this rom thanx greatings Richard.

#9 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hello again.

I have no problems with WIFI. It can connect easily. Although I haven't tried it on other WIFI Hotspots. Just the one I have at home.

#10 ricardo70

ricardo70

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hello again.

I have no problems with WIFI. It can connect easily. Although I haven't tried it on other WIFI Hotspots. Just the one I have at home.

Hi sLapz do you hafe wifi g or n router at home because i have an old 54 g and do you use a pasword to log in thanx happy for you that it works so good now they are working on a 4.0 ics so keep looking . the world is smaller place now that we have the internet its great greetz Richard.

#11 ricardo70

ricardo70

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

One more question was it a xiron rom or the one for the tom tec tom tec was nr 10 in the list thanx.
  • sLapz likes this

#12 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Actually, I am using a Connectify, tethering my iPhone to my laptop, then my laptop sharing the internet via WIFI. I've tried it to other WIFI spots in the malls, and it's working. Both use passwords to connect to WIFI.

I really hope they get the 4.0 working on this tab. :)

The custom ROM I have first shows H700 with chinese characters, then shows the Xiron bootscreen.

#13 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

This is the ROM I used:

3rd Gen ICS Look and Feel

#14 yeop

yeop

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

This is the ROM I used:

3rd Gen ICS Look and Feel

Hi sLapz,

I got one Kingcom Joypad C81 that I want to root it. Can you provide the steps on how to flash a Custom ROM on my tablet? I see that you manage to do that. thanks.

#15 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hello yeop,

I will try to do a step by step when I get home. My files are in there. :)

But you can try reading this for now:

My link

#16 dean26

dean26

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Thanks, Richard.

Thanks! :)

Hi SLAPZ,, please teach me how to flash a custom ROM to my Kingcom Joypad C81...tnx

#17 droidmanp9

droidmanp9

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi SLAPZ,, please teach me how to flash a custom ROM to my Kingcom Joypad C81...tnx

Hi guys, registered myself just to post in this thread! A good start may be.
I have a newsmy P9 and would like to know more about the wifi issues.

From my test, certain routers work perfectly while certain routers are causing, slow connectivity / severe ping timeout issue for android.
Any one has comment?

Ricardo, notice you do know about the WIFI issue in tweakers.net. Its in dutch and the translation is quite confusing. Can you please help?

thanks!

#18 droidmanp9

droidmanp9

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

just did some experiment today, the wifi connection worked perfectly with the same router without security encryption. Starts to be problematic when security is on.

any info?

#19 sLapz

sLapz

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Sorry, it's been awhile.

Anyway, here's what you need to do:

All thanks to birdiebnl from GoT

ICS 4.0.3 for your Newsmy Newpad P9 / Kingcom Joypad C81

1. Download the Update.img file:
Update.img

2. Download the RKDEviceManage file:
RKDeviceManage

3. Turn off your tab

4. Run RKDeviceManage.exe from the file you downloaded

5. Browse for the update.img

6. Connect your tab via USB while holding the M button and Power Button, RKDeviceManage should show "Found Device", if you are losing it, you should never let go of M and Power buttons, that's the case with my Joypad

7. Click on Upgrade

8. Wait for it to say "Upgrade OK".

9. Reboot your tab, you may need to insert a pin on the reset hole, in case you can't turn it on.

10. Enjoy! :D

People at GoT are just amazing. Thanks to birdiebnl!

#20 kobekoy

kobekoy

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thanks sLapz, i will try this to my Kingcom Joypad c81. Anyway, what's the Pros and Cons when upgrading my Kingcom Joypad c81 to ICS 4.0.3?

Edit:

I tried to upgrade my Kingcom Joypad c81 but i have encountered problem while holding M and Power Buttons. It needs to install the driver [ie. USB\VID_2207&PID_290A&REV_0100]. Please help me. Thanks!

Edited by kobekoy, 06 August 2012 - 09:40 PM.