• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

I didn't want to post this in the Sticky, because I doubt it is a PDN caused bug, but more likely the result of one of the many apps I have installed and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?When I do a quick Power button "slide" it no longer turns off the screen. A long slide still brings up the Power Off/Cancel prompt, but short slide doesn't seem to have any immediate effect.Also, my Novel occasionally decides to go to sleep itself, even while actively using it. I am wondering if this is maybe a VERY delayed result of my power button slide? I even downloaded an app called screen on which should keep the device awake, but this has still occurred. :confused:Anyone else have similar issues?

#2 JonPoli

JonPoli

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

I had the won't go to sleep problem too. Tried killing anything that used syncing (E-mail) to no avail. Had to reload FW from start (which happens when you update to the latest Pandigital FW anyway). Cured the problem, and I haven't tried to use the E-mail app for fear of losing it again. YMMV.

#3 ibap

ibap

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

I don't think it is email. There is a setting somewhere for keeping the pdn awake when plugged in. I'm wondering if it somehow gets its state confused. I've seen this once or twice, but shutting it down and powering back up seemed to have it fixed.

#4 nchntrman

nchntrman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationIndian Shores & Gainesville

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

I am also experiencing this problem. I havent changed any settings or added any more apps since it was working. started late sunday nite i think.

#5 scmastertech

scmastertech

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

I had a problem with mine staying awake with the screen off. If you touched the screen it would come up. I disabled NoLock and it has not done it since