11 replies to this topic

#1 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

So I just got off the phone with Pandigital support ( barely support is more like it) and I asked them about the different model numbers on the Supernova. They told me that one the Nova and Supernova the model numbers are only to designate who is selling them. So I asked about different fimrware and he told they are all the same, within the specific model, just some are set a certain way for the reseller. The Supernova is R80B400 is sold by QVC and other online retailers. The B452 is the unit sold by Bestbuy in store and online. I couldn't find anything out about the B451.

The Nova should folow the same rule but the 451 folders for both here http://support.mirro...ort/FW/Tablets/ have zip folders with a different name so I don't know if they would work or are maybe setup for a a certain language. The more questions I asked the more resistant the guy got so I couldn't find out about those.

I'm going to play with some of them tonight.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#2 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

So i tried a few of them and they all seem pretty much the same. I switched back to the latest R80B400. After rebooting it ran the update and I noticed that it was using the R80B452 identifier and was downloading the latest 452. So much for going back to stock. it looks like it just chooses the newest stable from the various releases.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#3 0garcia

0garcia

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOKC

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

Warning long post.

So i tried one of these firmwares :PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_10302011.zip so when i booted up it turns out to be PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_09302011 (boooo)

So i try going back to firmware i was on before: PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_10262011.zip.

I rebooted into recovery, deleted cache, wiped system, installed from file. Everything went smooth. Rebooted device.

When system stars up device frezees on white pandigital screen. No green bar to represent that it is loading comr up. I left tablet alone thinking it was just cache building or something similar. Left alone for about an hour. And still frozen on same screen.

Went back into recovery. Wiped everything. Reinstalled "71" again. And samething happens.

Back to recovery i went ,wiped, then reinstalled "73" and rebooted. And it loaded up!! Setup device. Ran fw updated and it found one. Downloaded and installed it turned out to be same"71" rom i tried earlier. And encounterred same problem.

So it appears that now im stuck on an older "73" fw. So watch out if you try these firmwares on a pr71.

If anyone know how to go back to my original fw. I would appreciete the help.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

Edited by 0garcia, 07 November 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Trishh

Trishh

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Warning long post.

So i tried one of these firmwares :PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_10302011.zip so when i booted up it turns out to be PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_09302011 (boooo)

So i try going back to firmware i was on before: PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_10262011.zip.

My firmware says IR80-5-BN-W-A-A-09282011

I have a supernova purchased from Best buy a week ago. It has a Samsung processor s5pv210 I wonder if this is why I haven't been able to really root it yet.

#5 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

My firmware says IR80-5-BN-W-A-A-09282011

I have a supernova purchased from Best buy a week ago. It has a Samsung processor s5pv210 I wonder if this is why I haven't been able to really root it yet.

he is using Nova firmware for his Nova, you have the correct for your Supernova.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#6 DriftorX

DriftorX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Anyone got working links to the firware for stock Nova. All above links are no good plus pandigital site only goes to the updater software. which doesn't help me in my situation. I need to know how to put the nova back to stock restore. I first got the device and turned it on to setup the initial setup of the device. I went to the fw update and downloaded the update and rebooted it it installed in recovery mode but when it rebooted it only gets the pandigital white screen with the firmware version at the bottom and never gets past that. So i try to go back to revcovery power+ vol up and it just goes to install the update file again with no options to choose. Anyone know what else I can do to get it restored back to working?

#7 DonkeyStamper

DonkeyStamper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Anyone got working links to the firware for stock Nova. All above links are no good plus pandigital site only goes to the updater software. which doesn't help me in my situation. I need to know how to put the nova back to stock restore. I first got the device and turned it on to setup the initial setup of the device. I went to the fw update and downloaded the update and rebooted it it installed in recovery mode but when it rebooted it only gets the pandigital white screen with the firmware version at the bottom and never gets past that. So i try to go back to revcovery power+ vol up and it just goes to install the update file again with no options to choose. Anyone know what else I can do to get it restored back to working?

I am currently searching for the same thing. I will post back if I find anything but so far best only advice I have got is put in ########### as "slightly used" ....

#8 jurij

jurij

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hi! As it is possible to increase loudness level (Pandigital Nova R70F452), when using the regulator of level + the sound remains silent (Skype, etc.)

#9 ronkberg

ronkberg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I have a frozen Supernova that evidently was sold by BestBuy, i.e. R80B452. Worked just fine for a few months but then I left it to fully discharge and when recharged, it booted but could not get any response from the screen. Connected to my computer to download new firmware but since I can not get a screen response, I can not do anything. It worked fairly well as an ereader and would like to get it back alive. Anyone got a clue?

#10 TrainerCJ

TrainerCJ

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGloucester City

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I need some serious help everyone. I'm new to Slatedroid. I never liked this site but this is my last option. My tablet needs the firmware PR73_A_BN_W_A_C_12142011.zip or PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_12142011.zip just please somebody if you can please share your's with me. I was stupid and I never backed mine up. Please this Pandigital Nova is the only tablet I have and I don't want anything to go nuts with it. I just need this firmware update badly cause it's all out of whack.
Devices I currently own:

Pandigital Nova 7" Media Tablet - Android 2.3.4 ROOTED
Boot Mobile Samsung Galaxy Prevail - Android 2.3.6 UnRooted
Acer Aspire One AOA150 1GB Ram 160GB HDD - Windows 7 Home Premium

#11 dztower

dztower

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Trying to root a Pandigital Nova, looking for the firmware and Google Marketplace, any ideas?

#12 alpha08

alpha08

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Trying to root a Pandigital Nova, looking for the firmware and Google Marketplace, any ideas?

yea i am having the same problem