Photo

Is my tablet bricked beyond recovery? Please help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nightwing

Nightwing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hey guys, please reply to this appeal. I have been trying to recover my bricked c8 for the last three days. Now i am near to giving up. Your support is needed, as I bought this tablet only two weeks ago. :(

I was running stock 2.3 kernel version from 5th August. Tried to flash ofw 1010 on it, and it got stuck during update. I hardbuttoned it off, Tried again. It didnt work. ONLY the HAIPAD logo was showing and it was going to recovery mode. SO I decided to turn it off, take out the external SD and try with genesis 2.3. Thats when it happened, it bricked the device.

Now the tablet is like dead, no display, no logo no nothing. Only the charging indicator works when plugged in. Pressing power + menu makes no difference, when following the guide.

I have followed the how to revive your dead tablet in windows four times, but i got nothing, not even a boot screen. I even opened it up and formatted the internal card to fat 32 (I dont know how to format it to raw), and tried again. it didnt work. I am sure it has NAND, because i have a chip like mr tasselhof showed in the video.

I have tried a couple of older firmwares, and still nothing. :(

DID I FULLY kill my tablet by switching it off when it got stuck? Is there hope? PLease guide me! I spent a lot of pocket money on it I saved for months. :/
I am anxiously waiting for advice. i am now asking for paid help/services to restore my tablet. Please respond guys!

Edited by Nightwing, 29 October 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Nightwing

Nightwing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

My tablet is not even seen by the PC when i plugged it in and try to turn it on. is it dead beyond recovery? :'(

#3 f4zyon

f4zyon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

My tablet is not even seen by the PC when i plugged it in and try to turn it on. is it dead beyond recovery? :'(

Same thing happened to me but i managed to make it work again. Check out:
http://www.slatedroi...__fromsearch__1

#4 aktharshaik

aktharshaik

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hi ALL,

I have been going through many posts where many have said that they had bricked their tablet/epad etc... during ROM Update. It is now not even detected by USB in their PC. I would like to share a bit of the knowledge regarding unbricking such devices.

First of all, Please do not follow the Needle/Pin technique BLINDLY, mentioned in a few forums. It has some theorotical part to understand.

Starting with, this will be a two man job, so if you are attempting to unbrick, have one of your friend/brother/..., someone to help you.

1. Find a way to open the Device, so that you have access to the MainBoard inside. Opening a device may seem difficult at first, but try to google for the instructions of how to disassemble your device step by step. Do not open the Touch Screen side, because if there is mis-alignment with the touchscreen then the Touch response may not work partially or may be completely. We need access to the Mainboard only.

2. Find the Flash NAND device (CHIP) on the Motherboard. It usually is rectangular in shape. It has legs on only two sides (the smaller sides). Try to read the Make and Model number on that chip. Most commonly we find SAMSUNG NAND Flash present. For Eg: SAMAUNG Series K9GAG08U0F.

3. Now, Google for the datasheet of that NAND Device. If you are lucky you may get the datasheet. Else otherwise also no problem. Regarding the Legs/Pins on the Chip, there will be a notch on the Chip which specifies the Leg/Pin No. 1. The I/O Legs/Pins are located on the opposite side of Pin 0. (From hereon I refer Pins/Legs as Pins)

4. These I/O Pins will be 5th,6th,7th,8th number counting from both ends of the side which is opposite to that of the Notch. Refer the image attached.
Posted Image
http://i40.tinypic.com/24phpb8.jpg

5. Now confirm that the Tablet is in OFF state. Do not attach the USB Cable yet.

6. Open the Software Application in your PC which you are using to Update the ROM Image. Select the image file and be ready.

7. Take a screwdriver or any metal which has the edge width of 1mm or 1.5mm or so, and hold it shorting any 2 or 3 of the I/O pins with one hand (I mean I/O PINS ONLY). With the other hand, press and hold the Home/Esc button. Now you ask your partner to insert the USB Cable to the PC and connect it to your device. Instantly you can find that the PC has detected your USB device. Now you can let go the screw driver and the Home/Esc button slowly and install the drivers. Now the PC has detected your device and is ready to update the ROM. The rest updating part, i assume you are already aware.

PS: Before starting off, discharge yourself by holding any metal which is grounded. When holding the Mainboard do not touch the Components, Hold the Tablet at the Insulated Edges. You may have static charges on your body which may short the components and make your MainBoard of the Tablet UnRepairable.

A Partner would be extremely helpful in this process, because it may not be convenient to short the NAND Flash, Hold the Home/Esc button and Insert the cable -- All at the same time.

If anybody find this helpful, please donate me 25% of what you may be paying to your repair guy.

Regards
Shaik Akthar
INDIA
Mobile: +91-9160442060

Attached Files

#5 tatalor

tatalor

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the info, but I still have troubles. The shorting of flash mem. pins makes livesuit to see the board, but as soon as I remove the short, the update freezes. (also, I get an error if I hold it too long (obviously :rolleyes: ).

#6 Evan.

Evan.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

3. Now, Google for the datasheet of that NAND Device. If you are lucky you may get the datasheet. Else otherwise also no problem. Regarding the Legs/Pins on the Chip, there will be a notch on the Chip which specifies the Leg/Pin No. 1. The I/O Legs/Pins are located on the opposite side of Pin 0. (From hereon I refer Pins/Legs as Pins)

4. These I/O Pins will be 5th,6th,7th,8th number counting from both ends of the side which is opposite to that of the Notch. Refer the image attached.
Posted Image
http://i40.tinypic.com/24phpb8.jpg

5. Now confirm that the Tablet is in OFF state. Do not attach the USB Cable yet.

6. Open the Software Application in your PC which you are using to Update the ROM Image. Select the image file and be ready.

7. Take a screwdriver or any metal which has the edge width of 1mm or 1.5mm or so, and hold it shorting any 2 or 3 of the I/O pins with one hand (I mean I/O PINS ONLY). With the other hand, press and hold the Home/Esc button. Now you ask your partner to insert the USB Cable to the PC and connect it to your device. Instantly you can find that the PC has detected your USB device. Now you can let go the screw driver and the Home/Esc button slowly and install the drivers. Now the PC has detected your device and is ready to update the ROM. The rest updating part, i assume you are already aware.

PS: Before starting off, discharge yourself by holding any metal which is grounded. When holding the Mainboard do not touch the Components, Hold the Tablet at the Insulated Edges. You may have static charges on your body which may short the components and make your MainBoard of the Tablet UnRepairable.

A Partner would be extremely helpful in this process, because it may not be convenient to short the NAND Flash, Hold the Home/Esc button and Insert the cable -- All at the same time.

If anybody find this helpful, please donate me 25% of what you may be paying to your repair guy.

Regards
Shaik Akthar
INDIA
Mobile: +91-9160442060

My tablet dead, it nothing to show when press and hold any button.
I inserted the USB Cable then just hold the power button. PC has detected the USB device (once un-press will disconect). The proble is PC can't install the drivers automatic . Please kindly help me how to going install the drivers and update the ROM via PC? (I only know update the ROM via micro-sd card)

#7 mmrrdd

mmrrdd

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thanks , This method work very well fo my cube u9gt4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users