• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 ste-vv

ste-vv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Does anyone have the file OpenNova-ROOT-Spz0-v.1.0.update.zip ?

The link is broken in this thread and it seems to be the only way to root the R70A200(FR) as the OpenPDP firmware isn`t an option. Thanks

I have the R70A200(FR) model - runs 2.3.4 but with only 256 Mb RAM it doesn't run any Spz0's later ROMs

here's the link to the working openNova root here

also if you want to add the market (I updated to the latest stuff including the build.prop mod) to the stock 12022011 then you can find that here

Edited by ste-vv, 18 February 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#102 stonecold36067

stonecold36067

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I am trying to figure out how to get the google play to work on my pangigital planet. I have the android market working but says I dont have a compatable device to download google play apps to. What do I need to do?

Hi Dave,

I just went through the same thing. I did the three steps below, in the order they are given, and now have a fully rooted planet running Android 2.3.4, and the Android Market version 3.0.26. I did not do steps 11. or 15. on this first post, and everything is fine.

I know step 3. is for a Nova, as you will read elsewhere, it DOES work for the Planet as well.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

I want to emphasize, this worked just fine for me, however, I am an inexperienced noob and can't help with problems you may encounter! If something didn't work right the first time, I rebooted (power cycled) the device, and tried again.

I am also new to forums and apologize if this post doesn't adhere to standard protocol. I looked for hours to get all of this information, and thought putting it all together just made sense.

Thanks to all who actually did this work!

G

I been trying to get the google play apps to work on my planet and it says that I dont have a compatible device. I did the 3 steps and got the android market going. Thank you.

#103 mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I just bought a Planet, and installed Amazon App Store. I downloaded Angry Birds and a couple other games, but they keep crashing. Some games will work. I think I have an older Planet, its running 2.2.1 Should I take them back, and try and purchase newer units?

#104 canufrank

canufrank

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Just installed as per the Gapps thread and now my PanDigital Planet has no operational hard buttons - Hoping to get approved so I can get the appropriate firmware download and fix.

#105 cd1031

cd1031

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Haven't been here in months- this thing now belongs to my 5yo. It works great as a video player, and that's about it. It won't even stay connected to wi-fi for more than 1 min so I can't check e-mail or browse. For the $65 I paid for it at Kohl's I'll probably keep it as a video player, but I am tempted to see if they'll take it back!

#106 HPMC

HPMC

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Great information here, everyone. I recently ordered a PDP from Wal-Mart for $89. It appears to be the refreshed version as it mentions Getjar and the 2.3 Gingerbread OS. However, the picture on site shows the slide app. I'm hoping that that's an old, stock photo. In the description they mention the ability to browse thousands of apps with instant access to the Android app store. They never mention Google Marketplace or Play by name.

Anyone else bought one of these from WM and found them any different from the Kohl's or other versions? I'm ready to root it the minute it gets here, but thought I would check to see if anyone else has had a good or bad experience with it.

#107 chambejp

chambejp

Agent P!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationEvergreen State

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Great information here, everyone. I recently ordered a PDP from Wal-Mart for $89. It appears to be the refreshed version as it mentions Getjar and the 2.3 Gingerbread OS. However, the picture on site shows the slide app. I'm hoping that that's an old, stock photo. In the description they mention the ability to browse thousands of apps with instant access to the Android app store. They never mention Google Marketplace or Play by name.

Anyone else bought one of these from WM and found them any different from the Kohl's or other versions? I'm ready to root it the minute it gets here, but thought I would check to see if anyone else has had a good or bad experience with it.

That's because it's not a google authorized device and cannot, stock, access app store. Install OpenPDP for your device and you'll get the full functionality of an android device. it tricks google store by changing it's device id in build.prop

#108 Alley

Alley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSouth end of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

No, but I did get Kohls to price match Walmart, then used my 30% off... However buyer beware, half the Dallas stores have the 256 meg FR models

#109 HPMC

HPMC

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Turns out that it was an old, stock picture. The PDPs that I got are the refreshed versions - 512 megs with Getjar, and 2.3.4 GB. Nice little tablets. The response on the screens is a little laggy and quirky, but they work.

I put on openPDP and it's fantastic. Much better than the stock UI. However, the Google marketplace that comes with it doesn't appear to be stocked with the same things as Google Play. When I tried to get to Google Play, I couldn't get them to DL/install anything. I'll keep at it, though.

Thanks for the replies and information.

#110 Alley

Alley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSouth end of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Turns out that it was an old, stock picture. The PDPs that I got are the refreshed versions - 512 megs with Getjar, and 2.3.4 GB. Nice little tablets. The response on the screens is a little laggy and quirky, but they work.

I put on openPDP and it's fantastic. Much better than the stock UI. However, the Google marketplace that comes with it doesn't appear to be stocked with the same things as Google Play. When I tried to get to Google Play, I couldn't get them to DL/install anything. I'll keep at it, though.

Thanks for the replies and information.

Glad you got the right models!
If you're willing to poke around a bit, search for the v6 supercharger script on XDA - it took some fiddling but gave some great speed increases for me. And if you mess things up, you know you can always just reflash with OpenPDP...

Some things in the market work, a lot don't show up.
A lot of people move to the Amazon app store for their favorite apps.
You can also sideload apps: for this first thing to try is a search for the .apk for the app - for example many app developers have their own website separate from Google Play, where you can download the .apk. Make sure you're set to load apps from 'unknown sources'. Then either download the .apk from the browser in your tablet (my first install is generally Opera to get a decent browser), or copy it over from your computer where you've downloaded it, run it from Root Explorer or the like and that will install. Of course you need to be careful, as a google search may also bring up file sharing links to .apks, which could be infected with malware, so you'll want to protect yourself. The actual developer's site is always the safest after an official market.

Alternatively, if you have another android device that does run the Play Store, download and install the apps there and then use Titanium Backup (the paid version is worth it and rewards those devs) to back up your purchases, install Titanium backup on your Planet and then restore to it. You can either use the Dropbox/Box integration in Titanium BU or copy the backed up files to your PC to transfer. This is perfectly legal, you have a legitimate copy of the app and are installing multiple copies on your android devices, which is perfectly fine.

#111 bigtsr

bigtsr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I recently picked up a PDP and have been
trying different apps,this is a R70A200FR.
Having booted AdroSensor up I thought some may
be curious what the app shows.

Attached Files

#112 tourn

tourn

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

im haveing a problem with my wifi after using this i dont know what would have caused it seems like it all worked fine but my wifi keeps getting turned off

#113 bigtsr

bigtsr

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

im haveing a problem with my wifi after using this i dont know what would have caused it seems like it all worked fine but my wifi keeps getting turned off

After using WHAT?
Have you previously tried to root your PDP?
If it is basically still stock then try rebooting the system
by turning it ON then holding the POWER switch on for approx 6 seconds.
The PDP will shut off and screen will go black,now turn the power
back on as you normally would and have patience while reboots.

#114 detartrated

detartrated

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Just rooted my 2.3.4 successfully! Thx

How'd you do the rooting? (this seems silly replying to this post now that its over 2 years old :rolleyes: )

Anyways, I have recently been "handed down" a Pandigital Planet with Build# PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12192011 and I thought I'd take the long "route" to root it (some pun intended :p) So I used this wiki on Rooting (via ADB, see pic)
Posted Image
dunno why it would show up as HTC? :unknw:
--> http://www.slatedroi...nced_User_Guide

Unfortunately, I came up with this error:
Posted Image
:unknw: What am I missing?
Android NPosted ImagePosted ImageBon board!!!
Does anybody have a Pandigital Planet FW version build#PR72_A_BN_W_A_C_12192011 ?!? Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users