• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

thanks to all the advice on this forum.

I just purchased a Velocity Cruz Tablet T103. $99 from Tiger Direct, and it came with an 8G and 4G SD card. Following the instructions (And I am a noob at this), I rooted the tablet and added google apps.

The Tablet came with Android 2.2.1 pre-installed.

Well, I had issues, and thought I may of wasted time and money. However, I did notice that many people had issues, and when performing the steps all over, the problems sometimes cleared up.

SO, I reloaded the T103 with the update file from Cruz. Rooted again. Added the apps as per instructions here using ADB.

IT WORKED! The markets apps, everything that can work on this. Then I loaded the LS program that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. That worked great. The screen is nearly as responsive as my Droid X2.

Some advice to others using this little gem. Wait a few seconds for the processor to catch up before pounding on the screen. When patient, the screen is really touch sensitive as a much more expensive model.

The only lack on this seems to be the Flash thing (I can't seem to get a version of Skyfire that works) and I wish I could use the Processor overclocking software, but it also doesn't want to load.

But for $99, it is a very nice tablet to play with and use. It is substantial feeling (Maybe a little too heavy),and the battery does last quite a while. I am very happy with it.

#2 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey Chumley,
My feelings with my new T103 are about the same as yours, although I had "issues" with android marketplace slowing my Cruz down and causing some apps to not work properly. The marketplace itself worked fine and I could download stuff (which was nice), but it used up so much RAM (between the market app and all the add ons that google makes you have - most of which seem to run in the background constantly upon start up), so I removed it. It also seemed to give me issues with some apps that stopped working (worked before installing android marketplace) and now work again upon removing it. I'm not 100% sure that was the sure fire cause of those issues as I also removed the amazon app store as well, so maybe that was part of the app conflict, but I know the slowdown was an android marketplace issue as I had amazon app store installed before and the tablet ran fine.

I did have a question for you though. What is the "LS program" that you mention to increase the sensitivity of the screen. I don't really have a problem with the sensitivity of my touch screen per se, but as with yours, sometimes you have to let it load a second or two before the touch screen catches up. But it's only when I first start the tablet or when switching apps. Otherwise it's pretty smooth. I'd like to hear more about the app you downloaded though. If you can share details, that would be great. Thanks!

P.S. I am using Skyfire 4.0.2 and it works fine - pretty stable and smooth. I can watch YouTube videos on the YouTube site and everything. NOTE: I did have a problem with it loading when I installed the google apps, but it works again now that I removed them. Maybe there's some conflict or something? I'm not sure, but it does work for me.

#3 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

The program is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NA7NGK8I

it is from this forum: http://www.slatedroi...et-t105-opened/

The T105 is the same as the T103, The difference is the packaging. T105 is BestBuy.

I rooted it following the instructions here, inclusing removing bloatware.
I also set the unit to use the SD card for apps, rather than the internal memory. I have 407 meg free internally, with lot's of stuff on.

I didn't root and add all this in one night. I've been playing around for about 3 weeks now. Be patient, and don't be afraid to start over.

For the price, it is a very nice unit. The capacitive screen at this price point is great.

Hey Chumley,
My feelings with my new T103 are about the same as yours, although I had "issues" with android marketplace slowing my Cruz down and causing some apps to not work properly. The marketplace itself worked fine and I could download stuff (which was nice), but it used up so much RAM (between the market app and all the add ons that google makes you have - most of which seem to run in the background constantly upon start up), so I removed it. It also seemed to give me issues with some apps that stopped working (worked before installing android marketplace) and now work again upon removing it. I'm not 100% sure that was the sure fire cause of those issues as I also removed the amazon app store as well, so maybe that was part of the app conflict, but I know the slowdown was an android marketplace issue as I had amazon app store installed before and the tablet ran fine.

I did have a question for you though. What is the "LS program" that you mention to increase the sensitivity of the screen. I don't really have a problem with the sensitivity of my touch screen per se, but as with yours, sometimes you have to let it load a second or two before the touch screen catches up. But it's only when I first start the tablet or when switching apps. Otherwise it's pretty smooth. I'd like to hear more about the app you downloaded though. If you can share details, that would be great. Thanks!

P.S. I am using Skyfire 4.0.2 and it works fine - pretty stable and smooth. I can watch YouTube videos on the YouTube site and everything. NOTE: I did have a problem with it loading when I installed the google apps, but it works again now that I removed them. Maybe there's some conflict or something? I'm not sure, but it does work for me.

#4 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

The program is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NA7NGK8I

it is from this forum: http://www.slatedroi...et-t105-opened/

The T105 is the same as the T103, The difference is the packaging. T105 is BestBuy.

I also set the unit to use the SD card for apps, rather than the internal memory. I have 407 meg free internally, with lot's of stuff on.

I didn't root and add all this in one night. I've been playing around for about 3 weeks now. Be patient, and don't be afraid to start over.

For the price, it is a very nice unit. The capacitive screen at this price point is great.

Cool, thanks, I will look into that and see if I can get it installed and see if it works for me. But in that topic it says that the settings reset every time you reboot. Did you find that to be the case?

As far as I can tell, if you reboot, LS looses it's setting but not when the device goes to sleep, so as long as you don't reboot the settings should remain.

#5 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Cool, thanks, I will look into that and see if I can get it installed and see if it works for me. But in that topic it says that the settings reset every time you reboot. Did you find that to be the case?

Also, how much RAM does your T103 have? Mine only seems to have 368 MB, when the factory specs say 512 MB. Do you know if that's right? Thanks!

#6 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Also, how much RAM does your T103 have? Mine only seems to have 368 MB, when the factory specs say 512 MB. Do you know if that's right? Thanks!

I think it still keeps it's settings, as it is much more responsive than before I ran it.

Mine show 407 M free right now, so I am sure it's 512. Remember, the apps and original software take up some space too.

#7 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

I think it still keeps it's settings, as it is much more responsive than before I ran it.

Mine show 407 M free right now, so I am sure it's 512. Remember, the apps and original software take up some space too.

I installed LS Settings with no problems. When I set it at 20/50 or any of the pre-programmed ones it says "installed" and then takes me back to the menu screen, but when I check to see if it was installed it doesn't have any setting listed. If I try "custom" or "test" it simply crashes. Is there anything special you did to get yours to work? Should I install as a system app? I installed as a user app. Could that be the problem?

Also, how did you check your total/free RAM? I use Memory Booster and it claims I have TOTAL 384 MB RAM and about 270 MB available (upon start-up) and Quick System Info shows a similar amount. Did you use a different program? How were you able to get 407 MB free/available RAM? I'm just wondering if it showing that I have 384 MB RAM (total) because Android is using the rest (128 MB) for system operations or something. The alternative would be that somehow I got 384 MB RAM installed instead of 512 MB which would suck. I did buy it brand new from CircuitCity.com, not a refurb unit. Any info you had about your system would be very helpful. Thanks!

Edited by KevinF2020, 26 October 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#8 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

I didn't "test" LS, but the screen is more sensitive, and it doesn't require the heavier touch that it originally did out of the box. A light touch seems to be o.k....

I looked at the SD and memory tab on the unit. It tells you the amount of free RAM.

Mine said 407 M free at the time. I added 2 apps, and then showed 369 free. One of the apps was app2SD, and after loading, I moved one of the apps to SD, and now have 389M free.

Maybe the software/app for the memory is not fully compatible with the MIPS system, and may be misreporting the memory. What did the native app say is available??

I am trying to get the Dalvik Turbo VM to work. Unsuccessful so far. But I haven't had the time to try the new files I dl'd from Myriad.

I installed LS Settings with no problems. When I set it at 20/50 or any of the pre-programmed ones it says "installed" and then takes me back to the menu screen, but when I check to see if it was installed it doesn't have any setting listed. If I try "custom" or "test" it simply crashes. Is there anything special you did to get yours to work? Should I install as a system app? I installed as a user app. Could that be the problem?

Also, how did you check your total/free RAM? I use Memory Booster and it claims I have TOTAL 384 MB RAM and about 270 MB available (upon start-up) and Quick System Info shows a similar amount. Did you use a different program? How were you able to get 407 MB free/available RAM? I'm just wondering if it showing that I have 384 MB RAM (total) because Android is using the rest (128 MB) for system operations or something. The alternative would be that somehow I got 384 MB RAM installed instead of 512 MB which would suck. I did buy it brand new from CircuitCity.com, not a refurb unit. Any info you had about your system would be very helpful. Thanks!

#9 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

I didn't "test" LS, but the screen is more sensitive, and it doesn't require the heavier touch that it originally did out of the box. A light touch seems to be o.k....

I looked at the SD and memory tab on the unit. It tells you the amount of free RAM.

Mine said 407 M free at the time. I added 2 apps, and then showed 369 free. One of the apps was app2SD, and after loading, I moved one of the apps to SD, and now have 389M free.

Maybe the software/app for the memory is not fully compatible with the MIPS system, and may be misreporting the memory. What did the native app say is available??

I am trying to get the Dalvik Turbo VM to work. Unsuccessful so far. But I haven't had the time to try the new files I dl'd from Myriad.

Yeah, no one seems to be able to get Dalvik Turbo VM running for the T100 series. From what everyone says it does indeed have to do with the MIPS processor (instead of ARM).

When you said 407 MB, do you mean available space or RAM? When I check the SD and device storage, it lists the available storage space (of my 1 GB storage + my 16 GB SD card). I was talking about RAM memory. The T100 was supposed to have 512 MB RAM and 1 GB storage. I definitely think I have 1 GB storage space (of which 303 MB is left available). But the RAM is what I was more concerned about. Do you have Memory Booster or Quick System Info installed on your Cruz?

Edited by KevinF2020, 26 October 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#10 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, no one seems to be able to get Dalvik Turbo VM running for the T100 series. From what everyone says it does indeed have to do with the MIPS processor (instead of ARM).

When you said 407 MB, do you mean available space or RAM? When I check the SD and device storage, it lists the available storage space (of my 1 GB storage + my 16 GB SD card). I was talking about RAM memory. The T100 was supposed to have 512 MB RAM and 1 GB storage. I definitely think I have 1 GB storage space (of which 303 MB is left available). But the RAM is what I was more concerned about. Do you have Memory Booster or Quick System Info installed on your Cruz?

No memory apps....yet....I'll let you know...

#11 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

No memory apps....yet....I'll let you know...

I tried Quick System Info Pro. Here's what it shows:

SD Card: 7.38 GB, 7.33G free - Thats an 8 GB SD Card
Internal Storage: 500 MB, Free 400 MB - Part of the 1 Gb Storage I suppose
System Storage : 256 MB Free 87.56 Mb - Part of the 512 M System ?
Memory: 367 MB Free 170M Idle 25.55 M - The other half of the 1Gb?

500M plus 256M plus 367m = 1123M of memory

Doesn't add up....

Maybe there are hidden memory areas. Good question about where the memory is...Need to research...may be app and device combo
Update:
Tried Android System Info .... Found: Download Cache 128M, 123 Free

This brings the memory to 1251 M...Closer to the theoretical 1024 plus 512.

Maybe there is another system reserve that accounts for the "Missing" memory

More: Memory Info

Some ram is used for the WiFi radio and other hardware, so the "Missing" Ram is probably used for other resources.

My guess is a 256M Ram Tablet, the reader for instance, may only show 128M Ram total, with the rest being used for other resources.

Edited by Chumley, 27 October 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#12 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

I tried Quick System Info Pro. Here's what it shows:

SD Card: 7.38 GB, 7.33G free - Thats an 8 GB SD Card
Internal Storage: 500 MB, Free 400 MB - Part of the 1 Gb Storage I suppose
System Storage : 256 MB Free 87.56 Mb - Part of the 512 M System ?
Memory: 367 MB Free 170M Idle 25.55 M - The other half of the 1Gb?

500M plus 256M plus 367m = 1123M of memory

Doesn't add up....

Maybe there are hidden memory areas. Good question about where the memory is...Need to research...may be app and device combo
Update:
Tried Android System Info .... Found: Download Cache 128M, 123 Free

This brings the memory to 1251 M...Closer to the theoretical 1024 plus 512.

Maybe there is another system reserve that accounts for the "Missing" memory

It seems ours have the same specs. Did yours come pre-loaded with Android 2.2.1 or did you have to update it from 2.0 yourself?

SD Card: 14.95 GB, 4.12G free - 16 GB SD Card I am using (have a dozen movies loaded on it)

Internal Storage: 500 MB, Free 303 MB - Yes, this is part of the 1 GB internal storage
System Storage: 256 MB, Free 98.24 MB - Also, part of the 1 GB internal storage
A2SD Storage: 84.28 MB, Free 22.16 MB - Part of 1 GB internal storage?
System Cache: 128 MB, Free 123 MB - Part of 1 GB internal storage?

^^^ All those 4 added up (not including the SD card) = 968.25 MB - which is almost 1 GB, so that makes sense.

Memory: 367 MB, Free 253 MB, Idle 59.33 MB - This is what I was concerned about. Since this is the RAM memory (not storage) and we're supposed to have 512 MB RAM, but it only lists 367 MB total RAM. But since you have it too, I can only assume the system is taking 128 MB RAM somewhere and using it, so it's not available for apps. That's my guess. Either that or we BOTH got cheated out of 128 MB RAM. But the first guess is probably more likely.

Thanks for checking!

Edited by KevinF2020, 27 October 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#13 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

It seems ours have the same specs. Did yours come pre-loaded with Android 2.2.1 or did you have to update it from 2.0 yourself?

Mine came loaded with 2.2.1. But I did screw it up the first time around with rooting, and reloaded using the upgrade file from VM.

#14 KevinF2020

KevinF2020

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Mine came loaded with 2.2.1. But I did screw it up the first time around with rooting, and reloaded using the upgrade file from VM.

Mine came with 2.2.1 too. I wonder if anyone with an older one who got 2.0 android initially has the same RAM "issues"?

#15 Luky

Luky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Well, I had issues, and thought I may of wasted time and money. However, I did notice that many people had issues, and when performing the steps all over, the problems sometimes cleared up.

SO, I reloaded the T103 with the update file from Cruz. Rooted again. Added the apps as per instructions here using ADB.

IT WORKED! The markets apps, everything that can work on this. Then I loaded the LS program that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. That worked great. The screen is nearly as responsive as my Droid X2.

Thanks Chumley. I got a T103 yesterday (from Amazon) and started playing with it. It came with 2.0 so I did the upgrade from the VM website and got it to 2.2.1 ok. Then I used the instructions from another thread on here to root, remove the bloatware and add Marketplace. Seemed to be working ok at first. Got the kindle app installed and then was trying for the Yahoo mail app. Many apps do not show when searching in the market (comparing to my Droid2 Global phone which is also 2.2). I was finally able to get a link through Yahoo but then the market says it is not available/compatible for my device and will not let me download it. (WTF?)

Then I was reading another thread (about getting marketplace from a virtual machine) and it said to clear the data from google framework and clear the cache from Marketplace apps, force close and reboot to get access to "protected" apps. Did that and now Marketplace won't open... I get a server error.. So I followed your advice and reloaded the 2.2.1 update that is on my SD card and I get to start over. Anyway, it was great advice! Thanks! Will have to try the LS program mentioned above next time I try the root process...

- as a follow up, I got the OS reinstalled to 2.2.1 and used the Cruz marketplace to get the amazon marketplace app. Was able to install the Kindle app OK from the cruz marketplace (would not work from Amazon market), but when I tried to download other apps the download fails about half way through... Tried Angry birds and Plants vs Zombies and neither will fully download to my T103. Tried a reset and still will not work. Also tried for the Yahoo mail app on amazon app store and appearently you have to have Google Market place to download it (that is the link from Yahoo mail)... Any ideas? I don't want to move forward with rooting and everything else if something is not right when I start...

Edited by Luky, 05 November 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#16 Chumley

Chumley

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Thanks Chumley. I got a T103 yesterday (from Amazon) and started playing with it. It came with 2.0 so I did the upgrade from the VM website and got it to 2.2.1 ok. Then I used the instructions from another thread on here to root, remove the bloatware and add Marketplace. Seemed to be working ok at first. Got the kindle app installed and then was trying for the Yahoo mail app. Many apps do not show when searching in the market (comparing to my Droid2 Global phone which is also 2.2). I was finally able to get a link through Yahoo but then the market says it is not available/compatible for my device and will not let me download it. (WTF?)

Then I was reading another thread (about getting marketplace from a virtual machine) and it said to clear the data from google framework and clear the cache from Marketplace apps, force close and reboot to get access to "protected" apps. Did that and now Marketplace won't open... I get a server error.. So I followed your advice and reloaded the 2.2.1 update that is on my SD card and I get to start over. Anyway, it was great advice! Thanks! Will have to try the LS program mentioned above next time I try the root process...

- as a follow up, I got the OS reinstalled to 2.2.1 and used the Cruz marketplace to get the amazon marketplace app. Was able to install the Kindle app OK from the cruz marketplace (would not work from Amazon market), but when I tried to download other apps the download fails about half way through... Tried Angry birds and Plants vs Zombies and neither will fully download to my T103. Tried a reset and still will not work. Also tried for the Yahoo mail app on amazon app store and appearently you have to have Google Market place to download it (that is the link from Yahoo mail)... Any ideas? I don't want to move forward with rooting and everything else if something is not right when I start...

I had a lot of issues getting everything to work. I really followed the procedure on the other part of this forum. I loaded the 2.2.1 in. Then I rooted first thing. Then I copied the script listed right into the SDK command window. It rooted it. then I copied the remove bloatware section. The script executed and removed most of the apps that were on by default. Then I had the new apps in a directory like suggested, and copied the script that loaded them.

that's when Market and everything started working.

Bear in mind, it locks up occasionally, sometimes gets a little weird. A reboot usually helps.

In addition, because of the MIPS processor, not all apps will work. Many apps are designed around a specific hardware set.

But all in all, I use the thing, it is a lot of fun and I am learning how to "hack" it.

A friend of mine has one of those cheap E-Bay 7 inch "MID" tablets. He paid $89 for it. He has about the same issues we have. However, he does not have a capacitive screen, and he held my t103 and was impressed by the sturdiness of the device. His cheapo bends when he holds it.

the T103 is what it is. A good e-reader, can peruse the internet, and can play many of the games the others do. It isn't fast, it isn't perfect, but for $99, it is very good.

Keep playing with it. You may need to reload it a couple of times before you get the sequence right, but once you do, you'll see it's a nice little tablet for messing around with.

Bear in mind, I have a droid x2, and with a dual core 1Gz processor, 8 gig of ram, it blows the t103 away, but I wouldn't want to brick it, or ruin it. The T is a toy for me, and I am having a good time with it.

#17 Luky

Luky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

I had a lot of issues getting everything to work. I really followed the procedure on the other part of this forum. I loaded the 2.2.1 in. Then I rooted first thing. Then I copied the script listed right into the SDK command window. It rooted it. then I copied the remove bloatware section. The script executed and removed most of the apps that were on by default. Then I had the new apps in a directory like suggested, and copied the script that loaded them.

that's when Market and everything started working.

Bear in mind, it locks up occasionally, sometimes gets a little weird. A reboot usually helps.

In addition, because of the MIPS processor, not all apps will work. Many apps are designed around a specific hardware set.

But all in all, I use the thing, it is a lot of fun and I am learning how to "hack" it.

A friend of mine has one of those cheap E-Bay 7 inch "MID" tablets. He paid $89 for it. He has about the same issues we have. However, he does not have a capacitive screen, and he held my t103 and was impressed by the sturdiness of the device. His cheapo bends when he holds it.

the T103 is what it is. A good e-reader, can peruse the internet, and can play many of the games the others do. It isn't fast, it isn't perfect, but for $99, it is very good.

Keep playing with it. You may need to reload it a couple of times before you get the sequence right, but once you do, you'll see it's a nice little tablet for messing around with.

Bear in mind, I have a droid x2, and with a dual core 1Gz processor, 8 gig of ram, it blows the t103 away, but I wouldn't want to brick it, or ruin it. The T is a toy for me, and I am having a good time with it.

Yeah it is working OK now. Just trying to rip a DVD to the SD card so I can watch a movie on it. I bought it as a cheap reader and checking email as it had good battery life and has a bigger screen for reading than my rooted Droid2 Global. I'm a little dissappointed it won't play games like plants vs zombies (didn't pick that up in my research before I bought it). I was in Shanghai a couple of weeks ago (work) and was looking at the chinese tablets in the electronics malls. The few I saw for $200 or less were all crap (even the MID tablets and others that are total ipad2 knock offs - even say ipad2 64GB on the back but run android with 2GB flash). There were some that were decent but then it was $400-$500 and I would rather get it here with a warranty for that much. I played with a Asus Transformer and was really impressed but I think I will wait for the new Transformer(2) Prime to come out then drop in price before spending the big bucks.

For $99 this does what I expected. I feel sorry for the people that paid $300 for it a year ago...

#18 Bobby Booshay

Bobby Booshay

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Exactly where did you find the instuctions and how did you set it to use the SD card for apps?
I have a CRUZ reader but I'm new to the tablet and using SDK.

Thanks!

#19 Eg00rB

Eg00rB

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

I have a T103 and recently upgraded to 2.2 and installed Market (thanks yozgatg!) and am still having a couple problems. When I run Market it says "Error retrieving Information from server. Retry. It still lets me search and download apps though. Also Gallery no longer plays video's, only still images.

Another problem I have even with the stock VM 2.2 upgrade is that the browser crashes all the time, especially when using Google Reader. Might be related to ads on the page using Flash.

Are these normal or did I do something wrong?

#20 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

I have a T103 and recently upgraded to 2.2 and installed Market (thanks yozgatg!) and am still having a couple problems. When I run Market it says "Error retrieving Information from server. Retry. It still lets me search and download apps though. Also Gallery no longer plays video's, only still images.

Another problem I have even with the stock VM 2.2 upgrade is that the browser crashes all the time, especially when using Google Reader. Might be related to ads on the page using Flash.

Are these normal or did I do something wrong?

Browser crashing is common to many android browsers and devices, even high end models, and is primarily related to enabling javascript. Probably one of the reasons why the highly rated Kindle Fire has a special browser with Amazon backend support kind of like Skyfire.

It seems best to set your browser as a mobile device and try using multiple browsers that work best with the sites you frequently visit. You can always disable javacsript and dumb your browser but that is just as bad.

I would venture to speculate, that since Adobe has dropped flash in favor of HTML5 combined with the stellar proliferation of mobile internet enabled devices, that the browsing experience will improve for mobile devices as web developers begin to adapt to this increasingly popular platform.

The market server error seems to be related to the market upgrade to 3.3.11 which brought numerous improvements, especially in tablet formatting. Accessing the market from it's widget seems to also be a temporary work around.

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 19 November 2011 - 10:57 AM.