Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Download Link: Mediafire.com - Ainol-Novo7-FirmwareUpdate-1.7.2.rar

Hey there all,

A new firmware was released: 1.7.2

I have repackaged it with the software and driver files from the 1.6T update.
I also included a local copy of the Firmware Update guide from TabletRepublic.

Enjoy!

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#2 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

Download Link: Mediafire.com - Ainol-Novo7-FirmwareUpdate-1.7.2.rar

Hey there all,

A new firmware was released: 1.7.2

I have repackaged it with the software and driver files from the 1.6T update.
I also included a local copy of the Firmware Update guide from TabletRepublic.

Enjoy!

Tasselhof

Thanks! BIG HELP!

Had a chance to try it yet?

Cheers,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#3 kof91

kof91

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Can share the tools/instruction you use to repackage the firmware?

#4 AndroidBill

AndroidBill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hey, I just did this, I was running 1.5.1, and now it says 1.7. Initially it was showing up as chinese language by default, but I looked at one og my other tabs, under locale and text and switched it to English :-) Now I just need to root and market. :-)

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Can share the tools/instruction you use to repackage the firmware?

I think what he means by "repackaged" is that those other things are are included in the zip/rar file along with the firmware image file. I don't think he actually modified the image.

If someone else knows how to modify the image though that would be great :)

Cheers,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#6 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

I think what he means by "repackaged" is that those other things are are included in the zip/rar file along with the firmware image file. I don't think he actually modified the image.

If someone else knows how to modify the image though that would be great :)

Cheers,

Roman

As Roman said... I didn't actually modify the firmware at all... just added in the missing support features to install it.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#7 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

Updated now and seems to be working. The market is MUCH more up to date and has WAAAAAAYY more apps now. The thing I've noticed is that it is not the new style of market that I previously had when I flashed the market upgrade from Tas's root script.

I reflashed tas's root script to root again and disable everything and it created a loop saying the android phone force closed. I simply pressed the off button to switch it to standby and pressed again to get to the lock screen, and then long pressed for a power down and restart and the 'force close' hasn't come back on yet.

Also, Skype video chat is now working, but I have some issues with delay and cut off's from persons speach I'm talking too, but this may be a wifi issue on their side, not sure - anyone else had a go? At least the Video is finally working though!

Questions:

1) The build prop has obviously gone back to novo7advanced and softwinners - does anyone know if there are any benefits to switching back to Droid 2 Global (as per Romans build prop on 1.6t)?

2) Can I also do the market update from Tas's script as well so I have the new style of market it will this cause a problem?

Edited by minibeats, 25 October 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#8 SymphonyX7

SymphonyX7

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

How's the 1.72 firmware? My Novo 7 came with the 1.5.1 firmware and I'm pretty happy with it except for a few nuances such as the lack of multi-touch on some apps like Opera Mobile 11 and some game incompatibilities. I was going to flash it with the 1.6t firmware from imp3.net's Novo 7 forum but decided against it because the users there said it impacted battery life negatively. Currently with 1.5.1, I'm only losing 10-15% per hour with wifi on, brightness on lowest, SetCPU ondemand + 480 min 1008 max, and Opera Mobile 11.5 which is pretty ridiculous battery life. I usually end my day with about 40-50% remaining (8 am to 6 pm).

Also, how do I install this firmware? I heard you had to use that Live-thing and some special instructions. Can anyone post concise instructions on how to install this new 1.72 firmware?

Edited by SymphonyX7, 25 October 2011 - 07:40 AM.

#9 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

How's the 1.72 firmware? My Novo 7 came with the 1.5.1 firmware and I'm pretty happy with in except for a few nuances such as the lack of multi-touch on some apps like Opera Mobile 11 and some game incompatibilities. I was going to flash it with the 1.6t firmware from imp3.net's Novo 7 forum but decided against it because the users there said it impacted battery life negatively. Currently with 1.5.1, I'm only losing 10-15% per hour with wifi on, brightness on lowest, SetCPU ondemand + 480 min 1008 max, and Opera Mobile 11.5 which is pretty ridiculous battery life. I usually end my day with about 40-50% remaining (8 am to 6 pm).

Also, how do I install this firmware? I heard you had to use that Live-thing and some special instructions. Can anyone post concise instructions on how to install this new 1.72 firmware?

This step by step guide is pretty idiot proof (even I managed it!)

http://www.gadgetfre...pdate_Guide.pdf

Just make sure when you click on the live suite pack exe (either from their link in the doc or from Tas where he's added everything already), and all the files come up, you then click on LiveSuit exe, NOT the same live suite pack exe (otherwise you'll do as I did and yell profusely at the computer, thinking it's the thick one when it's actually you...!)

What operating system are you using? With XP when you plug in the Ainol when prompted from the instructions and press the 'on' button 6 times (until your computer bleeps to say it's registered something) you'll need to add the drivers from Tas's pack - just click 'install from specific location' and find the 'ainol android usb drivers' folder from Tas's folder.

Under the latest firmware I can confirm tap / pinch and zoom does work on the stock browser, so it should be fine with opera as well. Also, the webcams work with Skype, but I have some issues with sound coming back (although not sure if it's the wifi or the tablet). The market is WAAYYY better and has loads more apps though.

#10 SymphonyX7

SymphonyX7

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

This step by step guide is pretty idiot proof (even I managed it!)

http://www.gadgetfre...pdate_Guide.pdf

Thanks for the assist man! I'll post feedback after I'm done updating.
  • beerginn likes this

#11 kof91

kof91

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

found this link from bbs.imp3.net, for anyone that wish to try.

Novo7 V1.7 beta firmware, according to the Chinese post this is newer and recommended over 1.7.2.

http://115.com/file/aqx5a1uh#

I have flashed it, and on about screen the version number is just 1.7beta. Not exactly sure what is the difference between 1.7.2.

*This fw is already rooted, I am able to use apps that requires root but superuser is not installed.

Edited by kof91, 26 October 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#12 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

found this link from bbs.imp3.net, for anyone that wish to try.

Novo7 V1.7 beta firmware, according to the Chinese post this is newer and recommended over 1.7.2.

http://115.com/file/aqx5a1uh#

I have flashed it, and on about screen the version number is just 1.7beta. Not exactly sure what is the difference between 1.7.2.

1.7B is said to be newer but somehow it is using older version of market. But I feel it's smoother & less buggy (lesser force close), but then I only used 1.7.2 for 3hrs and flashed it to 1.7B lol

#13 bluestang

bluestang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

Has the beta FW done anything to take the processore to 1.5 GHz yet?
Ainol Novo 7 Adv -- from TopNotchTablets
Yuandao N101 II -- from TopNotchTablets

#14 AndroidBill

AndroidBill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

1.7B is said to be newer but somehow it is using older version of market. But I feel it's smoother & less buggy (lesser force close), but then I only used 1.7.2 for 3hrs and flashed it to 1.7B lol

My experience.
I installed the firmware from mrtasselhof at the beginnig of this post. Post says 1.7.2 but when I go about tablet it shows 1.7 only. I have not had any problems with force closes. I never even tried 1.5.1 as I went to 1.7.2 right away.

#15 AndroidBill

AndroidBill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

Questions:

1) The build prop has obviously gone back to novo7advanced and softwinners - does anyone know if there are any benefits to switching back to Droid 2 Global (as per Romans build prop on 1.6t)?

2) Can I also do the market update from Tas's script as well so I have the new style of market it will this cause a problem?

(1) When I first flashed to 1.7.2, and rooted and updated market, I could see lots of apps in market as well. However I went ahead and applied roman2025 droid 2 changes to my build.prop, however I dont know if it made a difference, I still see lots o apps, but not 100%
(2) I did the market update from Tas's script, and have no problems.

#16 KingKephin

KingKephin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

(1) When I first flashed to 1.7.2, and rooted and updated market, I could see lots of apps in market as well. However I went ahead and applied roman2025 droid 2 changes to my build.prop, however I dont know if it made a difference, I still see lots o apps, but not 100%
(2) I did the market update from Tas's script, and have no problems.

Looks like im next =P downloading the fw, but its slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....=P
thnx for the find

Good install sweeett

Edited by KingKephin, 25 October 2011 - 01:41 PM.

------
Novo 7 Advanced Owner

#17 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Has the beta FW done anything to take the processore to 1.5 GHz yet?

Nope.

But my quadrant test score went from 15xx (1.5.1) to around 17xx (1.7.2/1.7B)

#18 KingKephin

KingKephin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Nope.

But my quadrant test score went from 15xx (1.5.1) to around 17xx (1.7.2/1.7B)

Also, when I launch the music app it crashes immediately and gives an error :)
The Following things fail to launch:

Music
Gallery
Camera

Can anyone confirm or am I just lucky again?

Edited by KingKephin, 25 October 2011 - 02:22 PM.

------
Novo 7 Advanced Owner

#19 AndroidBill

AndroidBill

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Also, when I launch the music app it crashes immediately and gives an error :)
The Following things fail to launch:

Music
Gallery
Camera

Can anyone confirm or am I just lucky again?

Music and Camera both launch fine for me. Mine didnt come with the gallery app, well at least not in the traditional state, it looks like it came with gallery 3d, however they renamed it to 'Super-HD 2160', but that is the gallery 3d app, which also opens fine for me.
Guess your just lucky ;-)

#20 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Does the new firmware come with google calendar and contacts installed? I suspect that getting voice commands and other things to work will require installing all of the google experience files. Has anyone tried?