Photo

[Driver] - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - Thanks KingKephin!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

**FIX ANDROID DRIVER**
Just install and select "other device".
Plugin your device (make sure debug is enabled) and the driver will install.

Missing other drivers?
Turn off the device, then Plug in the device while holding Volume+ and tap the on/off button about 6 times.(Device will go into DFU mode)

http://junefabrics.c...id/download.php

Hope this helps

Thanks! KingKephin!

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#2 KingKephin

KingKephin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

Thanks! KingKephin!

Tasselhof

Note that dis does install PDANet app onto your device, however it is not necessary for ADB so it can be safely removed =)
------
Novo 7 Advanced Owner

#3 kof91

kof91

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Modified adb driver from android sdk to work with novo7 for anyone who need it.
Both 32/64 bit supported.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9NW7OF4N

updated the links as MU is dead

http://www.mediafire...4hd27l869mm48hq

Edited by kof91, 29 January 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#4 skytex_justin

skytex_justin

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has the Vendor ID for ADB access? I would like to use ADB on my Linux machine for some development.

Thanks!

#5 kof91

kof91

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has the Vendor ID for ADB access? I would like to use ADB on my Linux machine for some development.

Thanks!

are you referring to this?

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0002&REV_9999&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_0002&MI_01

#6 Vishwas

Vishwas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Please help. I tried to install both USB drivers: KingKephin & kof91, both are not working. I am using Window Vista to install the driver and getting below message:
"Window cannot verify the publisher of this driver software"

After selecting "Install this driver software anyway" option, I still unable to install driver.

Any one having same problem ? How to overcome the issue ?

Update: The problem is resolved now. I don't know how. What I did is started PC Livesuite application and performed the steps mentioned to upgrade to 1.6T Version. I think PC Livesuite automatically installed the driver for it.

Thanks

Edited by Vishwas, 22 November 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#7 Scorf

Scorf

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi !

I own a Ainol novo 7 and would like to perform the script which enable root and full market.

Unfortunately, my windows 7 (64) doesn't seem to recognise my device when I run the script. So I tried to install the drivers but I must have missed something.

Would you be kind enough to write a step by step procedure to install them?

Thanks

Sorry for my English - I'm a Froggy

Edit : Find out by myself...

Edited by Scorf, 28 November 2011 - 01:19 PM.

#8 dj4sin

dj4sin

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

I was having a hell of a time getting my novo 7 advanced recognized by my pc as well. I basically did a search on Google for PDAnet and installed it, which in turn installed drivers that made my novo recognized. I then ran the automod script by Roman, but I assume Tasselhof's script would do the same.

#9 itfchaos

itfchaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

None of these worked for me, not even the PDAnet installer, I ended up getting it to work though. I had to download the PDAnet exe file, then during the attempted install I extracted all the drivers from that package. Now that I have the driver package, this is how I got the driver to install on windows 7 64bit. I plugin the Novo 7A to the computers USB port and then go into the device manager on windows 7 and you will see the android item listed with a yellow exclamation mark. Right click on the "android" and select "update driver software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". Then on the next screen select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Now that screen should show a list of models, etc.. just ignore all that for now, you will want to click on the "Have disk" button to the right below the list. Give it a second and then it will bring up a dialog box to browse to the driver package we got from the PDAnet software. So click on browse, and then navigate to the location of the driver package. Then select "android_usb.inf" from that package. Click on "open", and then click on "ok". Now it should show two models in the list. You will want to select the "Android ADB Interface" from the list (do not select the "Android Original ADB Interface") and continue there to finish up the install. Now your device should be detected by the automod installer from topnotchtablets.

You can download this Windows 7/Vista 64Bit driver package here:
http://www.kmods.net..._64bit_p17.html

I hope this helps the others out there that can not get the drivers installed no matter what.

Edited by itfchaos, 01 December 2011 - 07:21 PM.

Have a broken tablet you no longer want? I'm looking for broken tablets, PM me with the tablets issue (example broken screen, fell in water, etc..) and how much you are asking for it (USD).

#10 itfchaos

itfchaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

None of these worked for me, not even the PDAnet installer, I ended up getting it to work though. I had to download the PDAnet exe file, then during the attempted install I extracted all the drivers from that package. Now that I have the driver package, this is how I got the driver to install on windows 7 64bit. I plugin the Novo 7A to the computers USB port and then go into the device manager on windows 7 and you will see the android item listed with a yellow exclamation mark. Right click on the "android" and select "update driver software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". Then on the next screen select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Now that screen should show a list of models, etc.. just ignore all that for now, you will want to click on the "Have disk" button to the right below the list. Give it a second and then it will bring up a dialog box to browse to the driver package we got from the PDAnet software. So click on browse, and then navigate to the location of the driver package. Then select "android_usb.inf" from that package. Click on "open", and then click on "ok". Now it should show two models in the list. You will want to select the "Android ADB Interface" from the list (do not select the "Android Original ADB Interface") and continue there to finish up the install. Now your device should be detected by the automod installer from topnotchtablets.

I hope this helps the others out there that can not get the drivers installed no matter what.

I finally got ahold of the 32Bit drivers, here is the download location:
http://www.kmods.net..._32bit_p18.html
Use the same directions. If anyone can't understand these directions let me know and I may make a step by step with screen shots.

Edited by itfchaos, 03 December 2011 - 03:50 PM.

Have a broken tablet you no longer want? I'm looking for broken tablets, PM me with the tablets issue (example broken screen, fell in water, etc..) and how much you are asking for it (USD).

#11 itfchaos

itfchaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Here is the how to video I made:
http://www.kmods.net...driver-install/

This video is how to install the driver packages I posted above. I did this video on my Windows 7 64bit PC, so if you are using anything different then the steps maybe different for you.

Edited by itfchaos, 08 December 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#12 Energy

Energy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Here is the how to video I made:
http://www.kmods.net...driver-install/

This video is how to install the driver packages I posted above. I did this video on my Windows 7 64bit PC, so if you are using anything different then the steps maybe different for you.

Dear itfchaos,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much. I spent one full day trying to fight with my computer to upload the correct N7A drivers and trying to figure out why I cannot run the root scripts.

The PdaNet drivers don't work at all. Yours did. Thanks alot !!

#13 itfchaos

itfchaos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Glad I was able to help, I figured others were having the same issue I had so I made the how to and stuff to help. I'm glad I was able to contribute to these forums after all the help I have gotten from it.

#14 lk850

lk850

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I finally got ahold of the 32Bit drivers, here is the download location:
http://www.kmods.net..._32bit_p18.html
Use the same directions. If anyone can't understand these directions let me know and I may make a step by step with screen shots.

the link seem to be dead already , pls kindly advise the new link, as I've been trying to get my N7A detected by the automod installer from topnotchtablets.

many many thanks

#15 lk850

lk850

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

the link seem to be dead already , pls kindly advise the new link, as I've been trying to get my N7A detected by the automod installer from topnotchtablets.

many many thanks

Link is ok now, but still can not detected my N7A <_<

#16 nhwestra

nhwestra

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Link is ok now, but still can not detected my N7A <_<

i had tuff time with the usb drivers/interface with my vista 32 bit laptop.
i found that by installing Mobile Stream Easy Tether worked perfectly. I installed it and ran it once and
after that anything I threw at it worked.

http://www.mobile-st...er/android.html

Reply back with results...I'll try to guide u thru it if thing go bad...I doubt it will though.

#17 lk850

lk850

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

i had tuff time with the usb drivers/interface with my vista 32 bit laptop.
i found that by installing Mobile Stream Easy Tether worked perfectly. I installed it and ran it once and
after that anything I threw at it worked.

http://www.mobile-st...er/android.html

Reply back with results...I'll try to guide u thru it if thing go bad...I doubt it will though.

thank you , i tried the easytether , it still do not work :pardon: when i try to connect, it gave out "connection failed" " Can not use invalid ADB interface" , i try uninstall the Android ADB interface, and install it again , still failed :nea:

#18 PochaccoNL

PochaccoNL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hi, I couldn't find much on the forum about the Novo 7 Paladin. Just to let everybody know this driver pack also works on the Paladin.

@itfchaos - After trying many other driverpacks without success, I'm glad I cam across this one -thanks for this link!

#19 trickax

trickax

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

for anyone looking for usb drivers for the novo 7 advanced gadgetfreakz.co.uk has a working one in their download section

#20 Gunner69

Gunner69

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

THank you