• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 ffxx68

ffxx68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Question (also posted on wrong trehad... sorry) about the content of this 2.3 FW version.
Does it include a valid "iptables" executable?
That would allow to make it usable for VPNs, or tethering apps, for example.
Stock 2.2 FW does not have "iptables".
Thanks
ffxx68
----
Renesas Dual-A9 w/3G Android 2.3 *20111220 build*
WM8505 netbook Android 1.6 *UnGoogle*
----
I'm now using Wuala storage - if you join we both get extra space !
http://www.wuala.com...7C6MMMHGNMPGP7K

#42 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

I turned on flight mode and it seems more stable.yeah this firmware is still in beta i supposed but perhaps waiting for the final release would also be good.root explorer 2.15 seems to work without issues for me

#43 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks again for your efforts - 'fraid I diodn't find the 10/22 practical for use yet. I was able to root with your version, but Busybox and Root Explorer both crashed. When I disabled phone.apk I founfd that wifi became irregular.

Guess I'll keep waiting for a more stable 2.3 for the original Rean.

Try updating su to fix busybox.i am using root explorer 2.15 and it works without issues :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

#44 matteosg

matteosg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

My Google contact doesn't sync with this firmware. Anyone had this same problem?

Sent from my M9-3G using Tapatalk

#45 7amdii

7amdii

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Guys

Is it firmware GOOD ?

should i download it ?

#46 walltiger

walltiger

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:55 AM

I noticed that the google services framework apk included in the rom is an older version......if you feel comfortable with editing the rom yourself you can find an android gapps package on the cyanogenmod website and transplant the updated files.....ive spun myself a bit of a custom rom with a few updates and tweaks as well as reenabling the overclock in this versions uboot but i wont have a chance to post upload anything for a few weeks since my computers are all packed up for moving across the country.....

Also there was an update posted on the 99pad forum by the renesas person that had to do with video. Overlay.so i think. Also for those of you that find your ringtones and notification sounds dont play.....try replacing the included ogg files with mp3s.

Edited by walltiger, 30 October 2011 - 05:58 AM.

#47 Paulxx

Paulxx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

Question (also posted on wrong trehad... sorry) about the content of this 2.3 FW version.
Thanks

No same old problem with almost all Chinese tablets except samsung s5pv210 based (eg Aishuo S2, A816) as far as I know. You can install iptables, busybox, and the necessary "tun.ko" module but the kernel is crippled so that the iptables "netfilter" functions we need are not compiled in or available. See the VPN thread and also the development thread for some more on that. Maybe the new debian bootstrap offers more hope, unless they release source.

But as far as I know it is down to Renasas in Japan to do this, the manufacturers from what I have heard just ask them to compile such things for them.

#48 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hey, this release has a built-in firewall, it's called "airplane mode", and you can find it in most Android releases... It's an instant-on firewall, zap, zap... Just having some fun...
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#49 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

BTW, I thought the entire firewall thing might be part of the "The Great Firewall of China", because you can keep a lot of people from getting your information with iptables... Then again, maybe this network card driver thing is steming from the fact that there is no IPtables, or maybe that's why they don't have IPtables, is that they can't get it to work with their network cards. Who knows, but if it's not resolved we might have to use the bootstrap, debian as our OS instead. Which gets me thinking, could you possibly run a VM with a bootstrapped Debian just for IPtables functions? Guess you might need a front end for it, to control it from Android, but this might be an option that would also take up quite a bit of resources on your Rena... There are several firewalls running on 200Mhz and 32MB of RAM out there, with IPtables working. That's not something I'd want to think too much more about right now.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#50 TonyF666

TonyF666

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the Skype video works with Android 2.3?

Tony

#51 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that the Skype video works with Android 2.3?

Tony

not for first gen Rena3 on this firmware since the camera will not work

#52 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

I noticed that the google services framework apk included in the rom is an older version......if you feel comfortable with editing the rom yourself you can find an android gapps package on the cyanogenmod website and transplant the updated files.....ive spun myself a bit of a custom rom with a few updates and tweaks as well as reenabling the overclock in this versions uboot but i wont have a chance to post upload anything for a few weeks since my computers are all packed up for moving across the country.....

Also there was an update posted on the 99pad forum by the renesas person that had to do with video. Overlay.so i think. Also for those of you that find your ringtones and notification sounds dont play.....try replacing the included ogg files with mp3s.

Hmm, this may explain why gtalk FC when i try to insert the gtalk files in the device, furthermore been getting unexpected FCs everytime i use some particular apps.

#53 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hi all,

for 1022 firmware, you can solve the wifi issue by using Channel 14 and turning off wifi sleep in the wifi sleep policy. This can be found under Settings->wifi settings->Press Menu Button->Advanced.

Please be sure to use a power widget to switch off the wifi when not in use.

#54 1NOOB

1NOOB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi all,

for 1022 firmware, you can solve the wifi issue by using Channel 14 and turning off wifi sleep in the wifi sleep policy. This can be found under Settings->wifi settings->Press Menu Button->Advanced.

Please be sure to use a power widget to switch off the wifi when not in use.

lol i just read that today with the crappy google translate on 99pad

#55 bentusi

bentusi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

lol i just read that today with the crappy google translate on 99pad

lol hope it helps, i was suffering with the same problem last time too

#56 leonhart6

leonhart6

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hi guys.
I think there is a patch for the 1022 at the oficial page that resolves the not working external flash drive/pen. Since the forum changed it requires to be signed in order to download it but i wasn´t able to do it. Someone to illuminate my path?

Here you can find the link: My link

#57 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

I would consider this 2.3 beta release dead, since the 1105 release. Check this thread for a version of 1105 with some fixes, or the original 1105 thread for more information regarding that release.

http://www.slatedroi...e-for-new-rena/
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#58 moto4arabs

moto4arabs

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi All,
I have Aishuo A816 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Tablet PC 8 inch SAMSUNG S5PV210 ARM Cortex-A8 1.2GHz 512MB/4GB MID Build in Camera/HDMI

It doesn't support Arabic Lang.
Could someone please help me to get the right ROM/firmware or any other way to add the arabic lang.
Thanks all,

#59 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi All,
I have Android 2.3 Gingerbread Tablet PC 8 inch SAMSUNG S5PV210 ARM Cortex-A8 1.2GHz 512MB/4GB MID Build in Camera/HDMI

It doesn't support Arabic Lang.
Could someone please help me to get the right ROM/firmware or any other way to add the arabic lang.
Thanks all,

This post is to discuss this firmware release. You should post questions like these as new topics. Furthermore, this is Rena3 forum for Renesas based tablets, and your tablet is a Cortex A8. So go to the forum for your tablet and look around there. If you don't see anything, then post in that forum. Once you've posted in that forum I'll come over and give you the answer, but please PM me once you have posted so I know you have posted. Sorry, but it's not helpful to anyone else to post this question here or answer it here, have a good weekend!
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#60 droider007

droider007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

Thanks

uberoid comes with iptables compiled to android froyo, and a gcc and other utils too, it should work. or use a real iptables from a linux chroot running on android. i'm going to make up an image for debian for the rena that includes the armv7 gcc.

other tablets come with it too, just take the exe it should work.

otherwise just compile a static linked iptables from within the chroot or a real linux system or maybe even the ndk to arm, that will work too.

www.freecode.com/projects/iptables

however, iptables is just a firewall, it does not make vpns.
for that you need openVPN.

Edited by droider007, 31 March 2012 - 04:24 AM.