How to format SD card?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChoDa_Optimus

ChoDa_Optimus

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

I am satisfated with Herotab MID816, but I have a few problems.
When I put SD card into device, I get notification that SD card is recognized. But I'm still unable to find it when I try to do it. Should SD card be formated? I've read that it should be, but also I found out that you can do it in many ways, so I was confused. Some people said that you should format it in your PC as FAT32 and if that doesn't work, then try again. If that doesn't work, try to format it as FAT16, if doesn't work try again (some people said that it worked when it was formated twice). At last, if anything doesn't work, try to format it via USB (connect your device with PC via USB and then format it - this is the way i don't understand fully; bytheway I managed to connect device with PC without any driver).
Please give me some advice how to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by ChoDa_Optimus, 23 October 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#2 ChoDa_Optimus

ChoDa_Optimus

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

I am satisfated with Herotab MID816, but I have a few problems.
When I put SD card into device, I get notification that SD card is recognized. But I'm still unable to find it when I try to do it. Should SD card be formated? I've read that it should be, but also I found out that you can do it in many ways, so I was confused. Some people said that you should format it in your PC as FAT32 and if that doesn't work, then try again. If that doesn't work, try to format it as FAT16, if doesn't work try again (some people said that it worked when it was formated twice). At last, if anything doesn't work, try to format it via USB (connect your device with PC via USB and then format it - this is the way i don't understand fully; bytheway I managed to connect device with PC without any driver).
Please give me some advice how to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

I posted a topic on wrong place. Sorry.