Warning about the charger !!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ste650

Ste650

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

** This topic is to warn others of what can potentially happen to your hannspad, take extra care! **

Now im not a messy person, and i take very good care of all my gadgets, so i dont suspect i did this through being heavy handed etc
its probably more a manufacturing defect of weak plastic.

Upon attempting to charge my hannspad this morning, it wouldnt no matter what i tried, then i noticed a tiny piece of plastic around the charger end.
closer inspection revealed part of the charging dock on the hannspad itself had broken off.

So apart it came and this is what i found

Posted Image

And how it should be

Posted Image

Fixing it shouldnt be an issue as i have experience with electrics, however i may well change the dock for a more well known size so its easier to find chargers etc
And while its apart i think i'll wire in a usb host/slave circuit 8)

Should i contact Hannspree about this and complain anyway?

Edited by Ste650, 21 October 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#2 imayoda

imayoda

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Usefull info for many..

but i doubt they listen to you :D
Like my work sir? maybe you could buy me a beer.

#3 John Young

John Young

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

I,ll listen.....

Thanks

#4 scdsone

scdsone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Locationcumbria uk

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

i had my earphones plugged in in my bag going to work & i must have knocked them some how & sheared my earphone socket of my circuit board but luckily bluetooth earphones work ok
i have not got the skill or tools to solder it back on (just another warning)

#5 midaposa

midaposa

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

** This topic is to warn others of what can potentially happen to your hannspad, take extra care! **

Now im not a messy person, and i take very good care of all my gadgets, so i dont suspect i did this through being heavy handed etc
its probably more a manufacturing defect of weak plastic.

Upon attempting to charge my hannspad this morning, it wouldnt no matter what i tried, then i noticed a tiny piece of plastic around the charger end.
closer inspection revealed part of the charging dock on the hannspad itself had broken off.

So apart it came and this is what i found

Posted Image

And how it should be

Posted Image

Fixing it shouldnt be an issue as i have experience with electrics, however i may well change the dock for a more well known size so its easier to find chargers etc
And while its apart i think i'll wire in a usb host/slave circuit 8)

Should i contact Hannspree about this and complain anyway?

Hi,

Was the hannspad easy to take apart - i'm having trouble with the screen going dim so i wanted to take alook - is the cover snap fit or screwed?

#6 leenukes

leenukes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

There are two rubber stoppers on the back which I assume is covering screws.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

#7 Ste650

Ste650

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Yup relatively easy, 4 screws on back under rubber inserts (1 of my screws was ridiculously tight though)
then u will need to carefully pry it apart but try to avoid pushing against the silver sides as it dents easy and is noticeable afterwards.
the back cover piece has clips running along the longer sides but they pop out easily

#8 midaposa

midaposa

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

Yup relatively easy, 4 screws on back under rubber inserts (1 of my screws was ridiculously tight though)
then u will need to carefully pry it apart but try to avoid pushing against the silver sides as it dents easy and is noticeable afterwards.
the back cover piece has clips running along the longer sides but they pop out easily

Cheers mate - i might give it a try!

#9 paul_h5

paul_h5

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi all,

This happened to me yesterday and I'm gutted. Brought my hannspad off ########### to ensure I got the model with the 54 screen and thought I didn't need a warranty because I intended to root.

The thing is I've managed to fix the charging issue but there's no sound now - with or without headphones. Checked all the connections and can't see anything thats loose. The back end of my charger was completely loose and rattling around the case worried it may have shorted something.

I've tried rolling back to a previous backup to see if its a software issue with no luck and I think I'm going to restore to stock.

Anyone got other ideas?

#10 skezza

skezza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm very worried the second hand one I bought off ########### has fallen prey to this. It does charge, but only if you twist the socket.
I'm really worried it's going to get worse.

#11 metalhead

metalhead

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

I also have a problem, which I am going to raise in a separate thread because its slightly different. Basically though, the device only charges if you rotate the cable very carefully, then when the light goes red, leave it there. It's not very usable at the moment :(

#12 kilanel

kilanel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi all,

This happened to me yesterday and I'm gutted. Brought my hannspad off ########### to ensure I got the model with the 54 screen and thought I didn't need a warranty because I intended to root.

The thing is I've managed to fix the charging issue but there's no sound now - with or without headphones. Checked all the connections and can't see anything thats loose. The back end of my charger was completely loose and rattling around the case worried it may have shorted something.

I've tried rolling back to a previous backup to see if its a software issue with no luck and I think I'm going to restore to stock.

Anyone got other ideas?

Dear paul_h5

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Exactly the same thing has happened to me, fixed the charger but now I have no sound from speakers headphones or out of the HDMI. Also the soft keys don't work. Apart for that everything else works fine but its pretty rubbish without sound.

Kilanel

#13 jambro

jambro

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

hi guys I am in the same position with a broken socket . I was wondering if anyone can source a replacment I have found suppliers on the web but minimum supply is in the thousands .I think the description is "DC Power Socket,Power Jack,Power Outlet DC-055" I will keep up the search and pass on any findings

#14 688757

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi,thank you for this topic :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users