• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 PochaccoNL

PochaccoNL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNL

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi, I run the root script for my Novo 7 Paladin and it seems to have no problems (after a long search to find a driver that works <_< ), but unfortunately my rootchecker says there isn't full root access. My aim is to get full market access. Any tips what to do next? Thanks!

#102 dgatlin

dgatlin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have downloaded all the files suggested...when I plug my novo7 in my computer only sees it as a drive...

Any ideas?

Thanks...

#103 gt20v

gt20v

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Hi, I run the root script for my Novo 7 Paladin and it seems to have no problems (after a long search to find a driver that works <_< ), but unfortunately my rootchecker says there isn't full root access. My aim is to get full market access. Any tips what to do next? Thanks!

hi...can you install any apk from sdcard? I tested one unit of paladin..and it cant install anything at all from sdcard.
for market, i have read that ICs got full market but the reason there is not alot of apps avail is becoc the developer does not stated their apps can run with ICS or not. this is the reason...

let me know coz i am liking the small factor of novo7 paladin n battery life beside running mips..its good for browsing and media player...
C71 n version with fast FDMrom
Novo 7 Aurora with Feiyu-Mod 1303 rom

#104 Maersi

Maersi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

hi...can you install any apk from sdcard? I tested one unit of paladin..and it cant install anything at all from sdcard.
for market, i have read that ICs got full market but the reason there is not alot of apps avail is becoc the developer does not stated their apps can run with ICS or not. this is the reason...

let me know coz i am liking the small factor of novo7 paladin n battery life beside running mips..its good for browsing and media player...

Installing apps from SD card is not a problem. Just try to open any .apk file in ES Explorer/Astro, or your favorite file explorer, and the normal installation procedure will be initiated. Not all apps will install though. Maybe because of ICS, maybe because of no ARM, maybe because of no Flash video. My paladin came preloaded with Angry birds (an early version) I can't install the latest version, or seasons or Rio.

Maybe also related to geography. Market enabler doesn't work. That is probably to be expected, trying to change the telephony service provider on a tablet with no phone or SIM card. :unsure: I will try again as soon as I get VPN working. I'm currently in China (Paladin with pack of goodies: USB keyboard,8GBSD etc. - 104 USD on Taobao) :rolleyes:

And +1 on partial root. I wonder if the problem is with the su app. Maybe it doesn't like ICS etc. :(

#105 hardyrulz

hardyrulz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hi Paladin owners, after wanting so much to have the complete market, i ran a batch file for ainol novo 7a, after that my resolution is not correct and and I am now stucked with the low resolution screen, is there a way to restore the image of novo 7 paladin, I would really appreciate it if you can share the rom. Thanks

#106 hardyrulz

hardyrulz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help me, I'm really in a bigtime trouble, I have run .bat script on my novo 7 paladin however the script was for novo 7 advanced, the resolution now is so ugly, i hope someone out there is kind enough to share a novo 7 paladin firmware, I've gone to the ainol website but no firmware found. Thanks in advance and have a great day everyone.

#107 balero98

balero98

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi all,

I just bought my daughter the Novo 7 Paladin. I see a lot of root scripts on this post, but wanting to make sure that I use the one that definitely works for the Paladin. Wanting to add Netflix, YouTube and upgrade the Market. It would also be helpful if the script backed up the stock rom, should I need to revert back to it. Any help?

#108 ClaudeLaMont

ClaudeLaMont

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

**FIX ANDROID DRIVER**
Just install and select "other device".
Plugin your device (make sure debug is enabled) and the driver will install.

Missing other drivers?
Turn off the device, then Plug in the device while holding Volume+ and tap the on/off button about 6 times.(Device will go into DFU mode)

http://junefabrics.c...id/download.php

Hope this helps

Hello,

Any chance you know of a way to root a tablet without the use of USB connection? I bought Novo 7P from China and USB port charges, but will not connect to any pc/storage. I think I'm a bit screwed...

#109 bryanbmw123

bryanbmw123

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Can I use the script for non Ainol tablets?

#110 nhwestra

nhwestra

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi all,

I just bought my daughter the Novo 7 Paladin. I see a lot of root scripts on this post, but wanting to make sure that I use the one that definitely works for the Paladin. Wanting to add Netflix, YouTube and upgrade the Market. It would also be helpful if the script backed up the stock rom, should I need to revert back to it. Any help?

Take a few days to consider things. I think you need something like Titanium Backup but get another opinion before doing anything. I'm surprised Netflix doesn't work on the N7P.

#111 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Can I use the script for non Ainol tablets?

You can always try it out.
Just make sure you don't copy any build.prop etc... to the device.
The script works on about half of the tablets I have currently.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#112 balero98

balero98

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

Take a few days to consider things. I think you need something like Titanium Backup but get another opinion before doing anything. I'm surprised Netflix doesn't work on the N7P.

Is there a root script specifically for the N7P?

#113 genius82

genius82

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

my ainol novo 7 paladin had locked.i cannot open it.
the touchscreen has not worked..

#114 Robster

Robster

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hello all,

this evening I saw that there was a new firmware for my Ainol Novo 7 Advanced on the site of www.topnotchtablets.com
I downloaded TopNotchAutomod2.0.zip and did everything as was shown in the pictures on their site. After upgrading I was able to see the new apps and the tablet seems to work fine. But... when I powered off the tablet and restarted it, there were many pop-ups of applications that where force closed. Now the tablet hangs on the following popup:
The application Launcher (process com.android.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (And under the text the button: Force close) Every time I press this button, it pop ups again. Also sometimes a popup says: the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

How can i get rid of this problem?

Thanks for all your help in advance...

Greetings,
Robster

Edited by Robster, 13 January 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#115 minibeats

minibeats

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

Try these 2 options.
1) Press the on /off button so it goes to standby, then when you press it again it should come up with the unlock screen. At this point you should be able to keep hold of the button to give you the option to shut it down. Hopefully when you restart it then the force errors will have disappeared.

2) If it still comes up and you cannot shut the tablet down, then use the reset button (a pin hole on the side of the tablet). I think Wai's help thread has what to do with it (as in which combo to press and for how long) and this will force shut the tablet down (obviously not the favourite option though).

3) Failing all that, as in it still comes up with continuous force closes, then if you do manage to shut it down then reflash the firmware.

Hope any of this helps and let us know if any of them worked.

Edited by minibeats, 13 January 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#116 Khurramkamran

Khurramkamran

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi I wanna Know what can we do once we root Android and how can I increase My Internal flash memory with An sd card

#117 boushaki

boushaki

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

i've got two ainol novo 7 elfs (elves?) and i'm curious if anyone has any info on rooting/using the toolkit in this thread (made for novo 7 advanced) on a novo 7 elf. someone over at tablet republic claims to have successfully rooted his 4.0.1 device:

http://tabletrepubli...ng-elf-654.html

i've got one elf with 4.0.1 currently running lordsbm's a10 allwinner market script and another elf with 4.0.3 official flashed on it. i didn't know/think it would make a difference, so i tried running Tasselhof's root kit (steps 1 through 3) on the 4.0.3 elf first. running root check, however, reveals the device is not successfully rooted.

any suggestions for novo 7 elf users looking to gain root access? (I want to get rid of the unnecessary preloaded ainol software)

thanks in advance, and BIG thanks to Tasselhof, lordsbm, Romann, and others who have contributed to the developing process.

#118 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

i've got two ainol novo 7 elfs (elves?) and i'm curious if anyone has any info on rooting/using the toolkit in this thread (made for novo 7 advanced) on a novo 7 elf. someone over at tablet republic claims to have successfully rooted his 4.0.1 device:

http://tabletrepubli...ng-elf-654.html

i've got one elf with 4.0.1 currently running lordsbm's a10 allwinner market script and another elf with 4.0.3 official flashed on it. i didn't know/think it would make a difference, so i tried running Tasselhof's root kit (steps 1 through 3) on the 4.0.3 elf first. running root check, however, reveals the device is not successfully rooted.

any suggestions for novo 7 elf users looking to gain root access? (I want to get rid of the unnecessary preloaded ainol software)

thanks in advance, and BIG thanks to Tasselhof, lordsbm, Romann, and others who have contributed to the developing process.

Do you have market access? If not go here: http://www.slatedroi...-7-elf-ics-403/

I would download an app to grant full root.......
AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

#119 earth1

earth1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Excuse But does this work the ainol novo 7 basic and if so could you post a guide showing how to flash and root an ainol novo 7 basic

Can this be used on the ainol novo 7 basic?

I am trying to root my Ainol Novo 7 tablet as well. The problem I'm having, is that Windows Vista doesn't seem to recognize the tablet when I run the Tasselhof Root Script. I tried downloading the Android USB Multiple Driver pack that is shown on this page, but Vista doesn't seem to like any of the drivers here. The device in "Device Manager" that Vista seems to have a problem with, is called USB Mass Storage, and shows a yellow exclaimation point. Now interestingly, Vista does seem to see at least one part of this tablet, because under My Computer it does show another drive attached, and calls it WanDouJia. When I open it, there are 5 files within, and one of them is an installer file. The bad part, is that when I go to install, it's all written in Chinese so I have no idea what it's saying.
Even so, when I run TasselRoot and choose "Check Tablet Connection", it doesn't find anything attached. The tablet is plugged in and powered on. So I'm stuck. If anyone thinks they might have the answer to my problem(s) here, please let me know.
Also, I'm extremely good with Linux, so if you have a way of doing from Ubuntu, Debian or Redhat, that will work too.

Thanks,
Jim

#120 rag6

rag6

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

how to root my ainol novo 7 paladin..I reset device back to default settings and lost ability to download angry birds from android market...my son is sad now need help to get it back?Thanks