• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nightwing

Nightwing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

Ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0) got released today, and it was announced that most 2.3 vanilla devices would eventually receive them. Will we be upgraded as well (eventually) OTA automatically?

Secondly, I have a new Herotab c8 with stock 2.3 (I rooted it today). Is it eligible for OTA updates, even if it is rooted?

#2 SSS

SSS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

Sadly, our tablet never does OTA updates. So far its been entirely based off of flash-as-they-go updates, and it has really been up to the community dev team to take what's been released and clean it up, make it worthwhile.

As we speak, the community has made some breakthroughs as far as a custom kernel which *should* open the door for ICS in the near future. I'd give it a 60% chance that Urbetter (the official person in charge of the firmware for this tablet) will release ICS, but I'd rather see what Violet, Asure and the others in the dev thread can come up with (and then prox can put a nice bow on it :D ).

#3 jazzdglass

jazzdglass

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

Its a good thing ICS will be open source (after Nexus prime release).. am sure it more than makes the Chinese folks at urbetter happy. :)