#1 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

New rom up fixes power management (sort of) and remaps the buttons to the way they should be. The device now sleeps properly without going into sleep of death. Also remounts /system and / as read/write for convenience while this is in testing. The dpi has been reset to 120 in build.prop to fix compatibility issues with esfile explorer and other apps.

*added terminal emulator removed broken keyboards that were accidentally added again

Wifi Is now fixed - all hail terminander the mighty fixer of wifi :clapping:

This is based off s10 firmware, do not flash from sh20 firmware or you might brick your device. Downgrade first using steps outlined in the wiki

Flash over the latest s10 firmware -11_19 version has been tested to work.

This is no longer just a preview release we now have working wifi and sleep - I am relabeling this as a "work in progress"

It is recommended that you use adw launcher rather than the default honeycomb launcher for usability issues relating to our low screen resolution and dpi. ADW launcher is faster and seems to use less resources.

We still need to fix audio and the battery meter but it's coming along.

enjoy honeycomb on your novel:

UPDATE MARCH 28 2012 The link below has been changed. This rom now includes CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY Please read the instructions here: http://www.slatedroi...rom-collection/

Latest version- 10/30/11 revision 2 modified for CWM Recovery
http://www.mediafire...mmkscr83278c1mv
WORKING WIFI - Mad credit to terminander for fixing our wifi issues and making this a useful rom

Here is a adw settings backup of what I use to make the icons all fit, disable the animations for speed etc. You can use this to set it all up faster if you prefer. Just copy it to your sdcard and go to adw settings in the top right, then go to backup and restore, restore adw settings, and select this file.
http://www.mediafire...89xvbgtr696xb96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm17CzLepk4

I got tired of fighting with cm7.1 so as a quick distraction I thought I'd cook a honeycomb rom. Ran into the same problem I was having with cm7.1 the newer netd bins hate our novel but I got around the problem:

Attached File  IMG_20111013_213509.jpg   1.71MB   178 downloads

Edited by randomblame, 28 March 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#2 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

alright setting up the vm heapsize a bit fixed it I got wallpapers now at least ha now I've got to deal with a broken touchscreen driver, logcat says this everytime I touch something:

V/ViewRoot( 2119): Dropping unsupported motion event (unimplemented): MotionEvent{4074a160 pointerId=0 action=ACTION_DOWN x=25.0 y=187.0 pressure=0.0 size=0.0 touchMajor=0.0 touchMinor=0.0 toolMajor=0.0 toolMinor=0.0 orientation=0.0 meta=0 pointerCount=1 historySize=0 flags=0x0 edgeFlags=0x0 device=2 source=0x100008}

more pics attached

Attached Files

#3 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

gonna try a different version of touchflinger since this came out of the sdk and was meant for mice maybe a few libs are missing but it's registering my touch input it's just not using it. On the memory front there's hope the g1 only has 192mb of ram and it has a usable port theres just gonna be some tweaking required.

*edit

found the problem with the touchscreen it was libinput.so :D

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#4 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

Did I mention I fixed the touchscreen? yep!

So honeycomb is up and running on my novel. Only a few things to fix:

wifi- my kryptonite
audio
sleep of death on lcd panel collapse

HONEYCOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:39 AM

Honeycomb, love the tabbed browser, email. Have 3.2 on my Transformer.

Have you tried using swap to help with the memory issues.

Have you tried using ddms for screen captures. Doesn't work in stock fw, but worked for cm6.

I'm having trouble unpacking system.img in linux, how are you doing it?
Live is not the breath you take, but the moments that take you breath away. Country singer George Strait

#6 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Honeycomb, love the tabbed browser, email. Have 3.2 on my Transformer.

Have you tried using swap to help with the memory issues.

Have you tried using ddms for screen captures. Doesn't work in stock fw, but worked for cm6.

I'm having trouble unpacking system.img in linux, how are you doing it?

You need to download a tool called unyaffs put it in your bin directory and make sure to set its permissions. Then you can CD to whatever directory you want it unpacked to. And run unyaffs /yourdirectory/system.img

Haven't tried swap yet been sleeping lol

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#7 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for the info random blame.

Cm6 if pretty stable. Wifi as good as any, Market works, video a little quirky. Don't know what they were talking about portrait mode sluggishness. I ran it with the S20 kernel.

Cm7 would just add a few features.

Honeycomb is completely different and worth the effort. But it may push the limits by about 500 megs. Would love to see some links to sources.
Live is not the breath you take, but the moments that take you breath away. Country singer George Strait

#8 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info random blame.

Cm6 if pretty stable. Wifi as good as any, Market works, video a little quirky. Don't know what they were talking about portrait mode sluggishness. I ran it with the S20 kernel.

Cm7 would just add a few features.

Honeycomb is completely different and worth the effort. But it may push the limits by about 500 megs. Would love to see some links to sources.

a lot of people would like to see some honeycomb sources :D Google decided to never share them. This is cooked from an sdk image. I've almost got it ready for a preview release stay tuned. libhardware_legacy.so contains our wifi driver and needs to be recompiled for later versions of gingerbread and honeycomb so to get cm7 or honeycomb working wifi we'll need to take care of that. I tried setting a dpi of 200 for honeycomb to fit more on the screen and it reverted to the old style launcher and crashed like crazy so we're gonna be stuck at 160 for now too.

*edit

Ok I uploaded the rom have at it :D
it's on the first post.

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#9 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

You can get the source (most of it) from ASUS web site

http://www.theinquir...omb-source-code

#10 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

You can get the source (most of it) from ASUS web site

http://www.theinquir...omb-source-code

lol that is kernel source code :D there is a difference between the kernel and the operating system. The kernel handles low level hardware commands and things of that nature. We don't have kernel source for our novels - which really limits them. Anyways that's not honeycomb source the inquirer is a rag. Read the comments on that article :D

Looks like I was going the wrong way with the dpi - I'm such a noob lol 120 dpi shows everything on the screen - too much time at the computer I may be going blind

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#11 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Downloaded your flash and there is a problem with the ramdisk.img.

fuse: image crc 0x6a02a528 compute crc 0x75a93fb1

Won't flash.

So I'm running my S20 System, with a S10 Kernel, Recovery. And it works LOL

#12 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Downloaded your flash and there is a problem with the ramdisk.img.

fuse: image crc 0x6a02a528 compute crc 0x75a93fb1

Won't flash.

So I'm running my S20 System, with a S10 Kernel, Recovery. And it works LOL

haha awesome I'll fix it and upload the version with the correct dpi settings. I'll take that link down for now thanks for the heads up :D

*edit
just realized why my netd fixes weren't working - broken ramdisk bah

*edit 2
New link dpi fixed, ramdisk, kernel and recovery removed.

*edit 3
damnit media fire or my connection isn't working right taking the link down again grrrrr

*edit 4
link up

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#13 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

gpio buttons are being a pain in the *arse I think I figured it out though...

#14 Radon_22

Radon_22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

You, sir, are either a huckster or a mad genius. Can't wait to see the finished result and determine which. :drinks:
  • mrsburnout likes this
The quickest way to find any lost gadget or part is to order a replacement.

#15 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I've installed the ASOP gingerbread version (alpha) and the wifi worked (sorta). I tried copying the egl drivers from a spica version (dec 2010 build) but it didn't work any better. Try grabbing the wifi.ko file from the other gingerbread build if that's still giving you problems.

Let me know if have any builds that we can test.

I'll give that a shot, the trick with the spica drivers is to modify the egl.conf driver so that it does not use the fimg file. I had it working with an fimg file and full 3d accel at one point but I lost it. Cant for the life of me figure out which fimg I was using. I'm gonna go back and reflash with each and every version on my computer - it will take a while haha I think honeycomb would be faster with working 3d - that seems to be whats slowing it down at the moment especially in the homescreen customizer. With es file explorer open I still have 114mb of ram free at the moment so we don't apear to be memory limited at the moment thanks to proper vmheapsize settings.

I got the gpio buttons working I'll upload another version in a bit still got more to tweak.

So now the only things to fix are:
wifi
audio
3d accel
sleep of death - probably can't fix it but who knows maybe I can find a way

#16 terminander

terminander

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Woow it's actually functional. In the morning I'll try swap. Android hackers reporting 68MB free. "free" doesn't work and I don't remember the proc you can use??

And screen capture is functional...

Attached Files

Edited by terminander, 14 October 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#17 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Can I get a high five?
  • Zero7, sainthooligan and daspazz like this

#18 dealpapa

dealpapa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

your guys are amazing

maybe Android Ice Cream Sandwich ‘one OS that works everywhere’

#19 jmeister234

jmeister234

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

I like it. A little on the slow side, and of course wi-fi's not working, but the apps start up and with a little side-loading, I suspect I could have market up and running without a problem (I'm getting good at finding ways to install it).

I'm trying your CM7.1 rom now to see how it is. I found the other gingerbread (alpha) version pretty slow - probably from verbose logging. It's booting...

#20 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

I like it. A little on the slow side, and of course wi-fi's not working, but the apps start up and with a little side-loading, I suspect I could have market up and running without a problem (I'm getting good at finding ways to install it).

I'm trying your CM7.1 rom now to see how it is. I found the other gingerbread (alpha) version pretty slow - probably from verbose logging. It's booting...

I haven't uploaded 7.1 yet just the 7.0rc based one. I need to push the 7.1 version though bandwidth is limited I'm tethering via my phone.

anyways speeds improving I have to find the right graphics libs and I think it'll be much better :D

Edited by randomblame, 14 October 2011 - 10:33 PM.

• Zero7 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users