46 replies to this topic

#21 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

diabetu: Bummer. I was really hoping TS would finally work. I'm out of ideas. All the required files are there.

eltdesign: Eken stock firmware, Modroid, Uberoid and Singularity all work on the 7" netbooks. (as does linux) :)

loco72: Chances are slim, but with any flashing, bricks are possible. I've flashed back and forth from android to wince a few times with no issues however.

And everybody else having problems with filefactory, wait until they are less overloaded. I only get 2gb of data a month on my phone (tethering) and i can't afford to upload it again. Sorry.

Cheers
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#22 lostminty

lostminty

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

hi this rom works on my once bricked and unknown model netbook. all i know is its wm6850 800mhz.

is there a particular model netbook this software runs on?

#23 tink

tink

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

http://bayfiles.com/...k-wince6-v2.zip

#24 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

@tink: Thanks for the mirror! :drinks:

@lostminty: Glad it unbricked it. As for make/model.. any 7" wm8650 really.

Also found out touch screen DOES indeed work in v2 on tablets. See this forum post: http://www.techknow....g13791#msg13791

Cheers

#25 netomx

netomx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Is there a fix for the Youtube app?

#26 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

In v2 I included the toudou app which is a chinese youtube-like site. The UI is in chinese but just type what you want in the search box and the results come back in english. Video streamed ok and in decent quality. Otherwise the other solution for wince youtube is get coreplayer (not tcpmp). It has youtube search/player built into it but only seems to work if you choose low res 3gp for quality.

Cheers

Sent from my MB502 using Tapatalk

#27 astudent

astudent

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Any chance of creating a dual boot rom to boot either android of WinCE? Unfortunately still have some WinCE apps that I can't find equivalent of in Android.

#28 netomx

netomx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

I never made youtube work on this thing

#29 coccijoe

coccijoe

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi wicknix, i would like to know if there is any way to install your custom winCE on a Sd card instead of nand?
Thanks

#30 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Not that im aware of no. It'd be cool, but i dont think its possible.

Cheers

#31 coccijoe

coccijoe

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

Ok, thanks for your reply

#32 fabio_1986

fabio_1986

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Please, if anyone have de "wm8650-netbook-wince6-v2.zip" file upload in any host. Because the link was broken and I apologize for my terrible English.

#33 coccijoe

coccijoe

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Check #23 for a mirror

#34 BOBO89

BOBO89

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Since pc_user didn't like the fact that i modified his firmware (which was the only firmware i found googling for months btw) back to english from russian, added some software and removed the warez, etc i have decided to upload a new wince6 firmware. It's based on the stock "smartbook" firmware so it's no longer a mod of a mod. The chinese software was removed other than Tudou (which is like youtube because the youtube app no longer works), softmaker office pirated version removed, and i added a bunch of "free and legal" software. I left every language pack in it which supports chinese, dutch, english, french, german, italian, japanese, korean, portuguese, russian, spanish and swedish. It's basically the same as the above linked version with minor differences. Oh, and touch screen might actually work in this version for tablets. I no longer have my wm8650 tablet to test, however the calibrate screen shows up on first boot, the touch screen dll's are in \windows, and i added UTK to the scriptcmd for touchscreen. I'd be interested to know if it works now or not.

Download: http://www.filefacto...k-wince6-v2.zip

Hello Wicknix

I downloaded this version from the Internet: "X6-7V_7in-Netbook_WM8650_CE6.0.rar" and fits perfectly ... I downloaded your version (wm8650-netbook-wince6-v2.zip) and install it (reboot-restart), obvious that your version is better ... Solution? Please help me!!! :)

Edited by BOBO89, 25 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#35 netomx

netomx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hello Wicknix

I downloaded this version from the Internet: "X6-7V_7in-Netbook_WM8650_CE6.0.rar" and fits perfectly ... I downloaded your version and install it (reboot-restart), obvious that your version is better ... Solution? Please help me!!! :)

and the problem is.... ??

#36 BOBO89

BOBO89

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

and the problem is.... ??

the problem is that you do not install ... Side and again (sorry for my bad english) Im Italian!

#37 farva

farva

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Here is the Windows Compact Embedded 7 firmware that came with my Sylvania netbook, it may be helpful for someone. I've used it a couple times to fix corrupted firmware.
Project: Emulators for WM8650. Includes GNUBoySDL (Gameboy/Gameboy Color), gpFCE (NES/Famicom), and PicoDrive (Genesis/Megadrive & Sega/Mega CD).

#38 netomx

netomx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Maybe it is not for your model

#39 GadgetRob

GadgetRob

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

@tink: Thanks for the mirror! :drinks:

@lostminty: Glad it unbricked it. As for make/model.. any 7" wm8650 really.

Also found out touch screen DOES indeed work in v2 on tablets. See this forum post: http://www.techknow....g13791#msg13791

Cheers

Hi,

Is there any way to add Internet Connection Sharing to this rom? I think it needs some dlls and registry keys such as IPNAT.DLL etc?

Alternatively, has anyone got an Android ROM that supports ICS between the WLAN and LAN adapters - I think Iptables, iptables_nat and masquerade would be needed?

Any linux builds for the WM8650 that have this functionality?

Many thanks,

GadgetRob

#40 yuku9

yuku9

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I test this its fast but I have to go back to WINCE 7 because network connection.

Thanks!