46 replies to this topic

#1 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I found a Russian wince6 wm8650 firmware and modified it back to English and made a bunch of changes and added/removed some software. Simply extract the zip to your microsd card and power on. The flash process will begin, it will boot into safe mode (in chinese), then it will copy the full system. Remove SD card when it says to, then power off. Power back on. It will boot, then quickly reboot the first time after the flash (because a script is set to enter some registry entries).

After the install is finished you have have roughly 200 mb free on the "operating system" partition, and 1.5gb free on the nand for software, music, photos, etc.

What you get:
All warez and/or illegal software removed.
Original Chinese software removed.
Sounds, wallpaper and graphics have been replaced to mimic Windows XP.
Installed Flash 9
Installed GAPI.
Installed .NET CF 3.7.
Some common file associations have been preconfigured.
AIM, MSN, ICQ and XMPP/Jabber messengers installed.
A few small simple games installed.
Notepad, Wordpad, FoxitReader installed.
TCPMP and MilkyTracker installed.
Some utilities and a slew of other useful software installed.

This is not for tablets! It will install, but wont support wifi or touch screen.

Download (74mb): WinCE6-wm8650-Netbook.zip

Cheers
  • t-shock likes this
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#2 brimam

brimam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hi, my name is brimam

I joined in today to look for a solution for my very cheap Chinese mini notebook. I am so happy to find this. In a short time I was tired of the lack of install possibilities, and no flash. So I tried to install an android version, but it made 40% of the display go away, so now I will use this one and hope for the best. Don´t go away, I might be back :-) thx brimam

#3 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hi, my name is brimam

I joined in today to look for a solution for my very cheap Chinese mini notebook. I am so happy to find this. In a short time I was tired of the lack of install possibilities, and no flash. So I tried to install an android version, but it made 40% of the display go away, so now I will use this one and hope for the best. Don´t go away, I might be back :-) thx brimam

We are not going anywhere, ok?

You're welcome to coming back anytime. Posted Image

Places can find me:

HERE

#4 brimam

brimam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hi, I am back. I have installed the image, and it went perfect. The only problem I have now is the WIFI, I can´t get it to connect to my router, cant see my SSID nowhere, do you have the perfect solution for that as well..:-) Brimam

#5 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hi, I am back. I have installed the image, and it went perfect. The only problem I have now is the WIFI, I can´t get it to connect to my router, cant see my SSID nowhere, do you have the perfect solution for that as well..:-) Brimam

I wish I could help you, sorry. I don't have the notebook you have. maybe you need to do more search i'm afraid.
Places can find me:

HERE

#6 brimam

brimam

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thx for your time, I guess I will have to pack the rucksack once again..But its still funny how much pleasure and challenge, you can get for so small a price. THX brimam

#7 PC_USER

PC_USER

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

wicknix, i'm a author of Russian Mod of WinCE for WM8650 smartbooks and i'm shoсked. I killed about 4 months of my life to make it, but you simply leech my firmware, add some programs and show it as your own work... That's very bad.

#8 driver_sl

driver_sl

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

wicknix, i'm a author of Russian Mod of WinCE for WM8650 smartbooks and i'm shoсked. I killed about 4 months of my life to make it, but you simply leech my firmware, add some programs and show it as your own work... That's very bad.

Hello PC_USER
Your ROM is great. Works very fast. The tablet starts up for 5 sec. :) But can you do something for touch screens? I think the problem is in drivers. Obviously they exist CLICK All WM tablet users will be very greatfull if you help us :drinks:

#9 INJ

INJ

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hello PC_USER
Your ROM is great. Works very fast. The tablet starts up for 5 sec. :) But can you do something for touch screens? I think the problem is in drivers. Obviously they exist CLICK All WM tablet users will be very greatfull if you help us :drinks:

I have written to these guys from dhgate and they promissed me to send me their rom with Windows CE. Will see what will they send me :)

#10 driver_sl

driver_sl

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

I have written to these guys from dhgate and they promissed me to send me their rom with Windows CE. Will see what will they send me :)

hello,
Do you have any answer? :clapping:

#11 diabetu

diabetu

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi, INJ
you receive a wince image from dhgate?

#12 iriki

iriki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Probably not :rolleyes:

#13 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Since pc_user didn't like the fact that i modified his firmware (which was the only firmware i found googling for months btw) back to english from russian, added some software and removed the warez, etc i have decided to upload a new wince6 firmware. It's based on the stock "smartbook" firmware so it's no longer a mod of a mod. The chinese software was removed other than Tudou (which is like youtube because the youtube app no longer works), softmaker office pirated version removed, and i added a bunch of "free and legal" software. I left every language pack in it which supports chinese, dutch, english, french, german, italian, japanese, korean, portuguese, russian, spanish and swedish. It's basically the same as the above linked version with minor differences. Oh, and touch screen might actually work in this version for tablets. I no longer have my wm8650 tablet to test, however the calibrate screen shows up on first boot, the touch screen dll's are in \windows, and i added UTK to the scriptcmd for touchscreen. I'd be interested to know if it works now or not.

Download: http://www.filefacto...k-wince6-v2.zip
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#14 loco72

loco72

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Downloading. Chances to brick tablet ?

#15 t-shock

t-shock

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Since pc_user didn't like the fact that i modified his firmware (which was the only firmware i found googling for months btw) back to english from russian, added some software and removed the warez, etc i have decided to upload a new wince6 firmware. It's based on the stock "smartbook" firmware so it's no longer a mod of a mod. The chinese software was removed other than Tudou (which is like youtube because the youtube app no longer works), softmaker office pirated version removed, and i added a bunch of "free and legal" software. I left every language pack in it which supports chinese, dutch, english, french, german, italian, japanese, korean, portuguese, russian, spanish and swedish. It's basically the same as the above linked version with minor differences. Oh, and touch screen might actually work in this version for tablets. I no longer have my wm8650 tablet to test, however the calibrate screen shows up on first boot, the touch screen dll's are in \windows, and i added UTK to the scriptcmd for touchscreen. I'd be interested to know if it works now or not.

Link doesn't work

#16 AleckWolfgang

AleckWolfgang

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

I can not download this file from filefactory, would like to upload to another file server? Thank you in advance if possible.

"Não consigo fazer o download deste arquivo pelo filefactory, teria como fazer o upload em outro servidor de arquivos? Agradeço desde já se isto for possivél."

#17 eltdesign

eltdesign

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Any posibility for android rom for 7 netbook wondermedia 8650 ? İ aggree you should use other site like mediafire to upload this rom..

#18 danie

danie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

hi wicknix, the file always interupted everytime i try downloading from filefactory, would like to upload to another file server for this rom?...:)

#19 maestrodan

maestrodan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think, android is better for Tablet PC, it has much more adapted to touch control interface) And WinCE is DEAD platform

#20 diabetu

diabetu

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

hi wicknix,

i test your last firmware for wince but touch not work! i try with firmware maked by pc_user and a version from http://www.szstzl.com/down.asp but not work!
My tablet has a chip UTK uor615x ! on script the touch is set to UTK.
When start the wince the serial debuger say:
"TouchIC exist, go ... " but not work!
you have another ideia! Thanks!