Photo

Tablet's battery not charging?? Solution found!!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#101 Danbbking

Danbbking

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

Hiya
download link confirmed working (downloaded via Chrome browser)

As per my post earlier in this topic this is exactly what I did (pages 13 and 14 of the PDF) - I didn't purchase the detailed DX charger as I had purchased a better quality Lipo charger in the UK (see my post above for link) which works fine and uses the tablets existing charge socket. Turns charging off when fully charged. It's great to be free from the wall socket again! Posted Image Three cheers for Eatatjoes!

thanks for posting the link.

cheersPosted Image

D
- 1 x Cube U30GT-H 10.1" dual core/Quad core GPU beauty running CWM JB Evolution 1.02 (thanks Prox32)
- 1 x (Successfully brought back from the brink of brickeddom) Haipad M7 now upgraded 16Gb class4 (int MicroSD model). HDMI. 32GB class4 Ext MicroSD. With latest rooted JoL CM10 Alpha2 Jellybean 4.1.1 (Cheers Jol/Namco)

#102 3apa3a

3apa3a

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hello. I have the same problem with my M009s tablet. No red light, not work without adapter. The charging IC on the tablet motherboard is hot after adapter connecting and battery can't charge.
Posted Image
IC is EUP8202 and I cant find it to buy anywhere in the world apart China. So, I think to remove this IC from the motherboard and put in something like that:
Internal Li-ion charger PCB
What do you think about ? Thanks...

#103 vsk

vsk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Is there going to be a part 2 and 3?

Its been 5 weeks and i'm still waiting for my charger from dealextreme. i guess they didn't have it in stock at first so they didnt send it till like 2-3weeks ago. But i got tired of waiting so in the mean time i did the soldering part today.. and i'm trying it with my original charger.

I'm getting green and red light at the same time, what does that mean? My charging circuit isn't completely dead.. so do I have to disconnect the charging port from the board? but there arent instructions for that yet.. that or creating a separate connection for the other charger..

#104 Danbbking

Danbbking

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Is there going to be a part 2 and 3?

Its been 5 weeks and i'm still waiting for my charger from dealextreme. i guess they didn't have it in stock at first so they didnt send it till like 2-3weeks ago. But i got tired of waiting so in the mean time i did the soldering part today.. and i'm trying it with my original charger.

I'm getting green and red light at the same time, what does that mean? My charging circuit isn't completely dead.. so do I have to disconnect the charging port from the board? but there arent instructions for that yet.. that or creating a separate connection for the other charger..

@Vsk
try post 194 here:http://www.slatedroi...l/page__st__180

reading the whole topic might shed some light.

Quick question - does your tablet charge up at all, even after say, 20 hrs charging?

cheersPosted Image

D
- 1 x Cube U30GT-H 10.1" dual core/Quad core GPU beauty running CWM JB Evolution 1.02 (thanks Prox32)
- 1 x (Successfully brought back from the brink of brickeddom) Haipad M7 now upgraded 16Gb class4 (int MicroSD model). HDMI. 32GB class4 Ext MicroSD. With latest rooted JoL CM10 Alpha2 Jellybean 4.1.1 (Cheers Jol/Namco)

#105 vsk

vsk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

thanks Danbbking,

I read it but I'm still kind of confused.. I understand that i could put a separate plug for teh charger that connects directly to the battery.. but then it wouldn't show charging status right? I might do that when my dx charger arrives but it hasn't yet. In the mean time i'm trying charging with the existing plug connected tot he battery terminals.

Question, so the difference between both chargers is just that when connected directly to the battery, the DX charger will slow down and show when the battery is charged as opposed to the old charger which will keep on charging? is that it? So theoretically I can still charge the battery directly with the old charger but I just have to monitor it and disconnect it manually.. if I'm skipping the circuit..

When I try to charger the original way, without any mods it shows charging but the battery percentage doesn't actually go up.. like I left it all night and its still only goes to 1%. but now when i charged it for sometime bypassing the circuit (getting the green and red lights together) It charges enough to be used without the plug for a few minutes.. I don't know what to make of the percentage because it goes all over the place..So not really sure how much is actually charged, so i don't let it charge that long just to be safe..

Also one idea i had, since my charging circuit isnt completely dead apparently, but i still want to use the old plug to charge.. the issue here was that the battery tries to charge itself and dies right? What if I put a switch between the connection fromt eh plug to the battery? So i can leave it on while charging.. and then turn it off after i disconnect the charger, that way it wont charge itself.. What do you think?

#106 Xenior

Xenior

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Thank you very much!

Ok, here is the first of three different ways:

I wanted to put this to my first post, but with "edit" I can't attach a file.

This way is only recommended, if your inner charging circuit is blown or completely dead!
If your charger is only very slow (@Fyre~: 10 hours for 79%, slow but not dead!), I'd not recommend this, but you may try it out. The mod inside the tablet is very easy, and also easy to redo.
If your charger still works "a bit", you will have to disable a connection on the main board, if you want to use the tablets original plug like in this first discription! That will be discribed in the second part, and will be published next.

Anyways, this first part gives you an overview of the mods (inside the power supply / charger and the tablet), even if you will use the third part with a secondary connector for the charger (soldering inside the tablet only to the battery connection, not to the main board, but you'll need to drill a hole for a connector!).

How can we download the guide? Slatedroid forum says that we don't have permission to view attachment. Please help us! Thank you in advance.

#107 alex4wwe

alex4wwe

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

I have a GoClever S73 Tablet which has exactly the same components as the Herotab. My problem is that when the charger is pluged, the battery level on the tablet keeps showing only 3%. If I lock the tablet, remove the charger and unlock the tablet it shows 15%, and in just a couple of seconds it goes down to 3%, 2%, and off. What might the cause of the problem be?

#108 will123999

will123999

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

I am also having charging problems. I chopped the end of the 5v charger they sent me and placed it on a 9 volt charger. I still doesn't seem to be charging. Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

I am also trying to download the guide. It says you need to have 3 approved posts.

How can we download the guide? Slatedroid forum says that we don't have permission to view attachment. Please help us! Thank you in advance.

I am also trying to download the guide but you have to have 3 approved posts before you can

Has anyone dealt with deal extreme in returning the a8t?

#109 chainlogic

chainlogic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

Do you also have a solution for my situation... I'v a DROPAD 8A 7inch and i'd received it with a wrong charger. 5v... I buyed already a new one, 9V 2000MA. When i connect de 9v charger i can work with it but it doesn't load my battery. The maximem load of the battery stuks on 3%.

So i can't use the tablet without the charger? Can it depends on the android version ??? I use Android 2.3.18...

Kind Regards,
Peter
  • alex4wwe likes this

#110 alex4wwe

alex4wwe

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

Do you also have a solution for my situation... I'v a DROPAD 8A 7inch and i'd received it with a wrong charger. 5v... I buyed already a new one, 9V 2000MA. When i connect de 9v charger i can work with it but it doesn't load my battery. The maximem load of the battery stuks on 3%.

So i can't use the tablet without the charger? Can it depends on the android version ??? I use Android 2.3.18...

Kind Regards,
Peter

I also have the same problem and hope that someone has a solution. What I can tell you is that the Android ROM doesn't depend on this. I flashed Tsunami ROM, and still has this problem.

#111 peirubio

peirubio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

wow these tablets are really troublesome

#112 peirubio

peirubio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

I have a MID tablet ans it is not charging at all, as soon as I unplug the AC adapter the tablet goes off, what can I do???

#113 alex4wwe

alex4wwe

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

I left my tablet charging for 3 days. Now it got to 50%, but wont charge more than this. When i plug the charger it shows 10%. Sometimes it shows 42% and in a second 37%, then 40%. I dont understand this behaviour, what can the problem be?

#114 x4ndr3

x4ndr3

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

I did the same here. Let's hope to don't take forever...

FINALLY my Lion charger arrived from the far far away Hong K(i)ong lol. I bought it by ########### and took almost 3 months. Once it's in my hands, I could not wait to test eatatjoes' solution.

I'll try to describe my experience, it may be useful for some of you. (sorry for my English, it's not my native language).

First of all, I found out that the charger I bought ISN'T disassemblable (does that word exists? >:) ). It has a hole in it so i thought it was an inside screw, but it wasn't, and while trying to find it out, i ruined my charger, braking a capacitor AND a resistor. I was lucky to find a store nearby that sells those components so I could repair the charger. I had to literally break the case with pliers (wire cutter).

My batteries were discharged for so long time that I had to plug them to 9v stock (dumb) charger for some minutes to "revive" the protection circuit and do some (little) charge.

So I did the mod with the LiOn smart charger, and after initial variation on tablet's displayed battery levels (I charged it turned on), after about 30 mins it stabilized and went straight towards 100%.

At first the tablet's led was green and flashing red, then stable green and red together, even with charger disconnected from tablet.

If I turn off the tablet, it's led goes just green.

Battery levels are 95% now, after about an entire hour charging. I'll use the tablet normally tomorrow and see discharging rates.

I'm worried because eatatjoes' said if green AND red led are lit, then battery can be charging itself, discharging more quickly.

One problem I realized later is that the wires I used for the mod are too thick and I cannot close back panel properly... I'll try to find thinner wires to replace them.

Thank you again eatatjoes and pals at slatedroid.

#115 Roblox84

Roblox84

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

FINALLY my Lion charger arrived from the far far away Hong K(i)ong lol. I bought it by ########### and took almost 3 months. Once it's in my hands, I could not wait to test eatatjoes' solution.

I'll try to describe my experience, it may be useful for some of you. (sorry for my English, it's not my native language).

First of all, I found out that the charger I bought ISN'T disassemblable (does that word exists? >:) ). It has a hole in it so i thought it was an inside screw, but it wasn't, and while trying to find it out, i ruined my charger, braking a capacitor AND a resistor. I was lucky to find a store nearby that sells those components so I could repair the charger. I had to literally break the case with pliers (wire cutter).

My batteries were discharged for so long time that I had to plug them to 9v stock (dumb) charger for some minutes to "revive" the protection circuit and do some (little) charge.

So I did the mod with the LiOn smart charger, and after initial variation on tablet's displayed battery levels (I charged it turned on), after about 30 mins it stabilized and went straight towards 100%.

At first the tablet's led was green and flashing red, then stable green and red together, even with charger disconnected from tablet.

If I turn off the tablet, it's led goes just green.

Battery levels are 95% now, after about an entire hour charging. I'll use the tablet normally tomorrow and see discharging rates.

I'm worried because eatatjoes' said if green AND red led are lit, then battery can be charging itself, discharging more quickly.

One problem I realized later is that the wires I used for the mod are too thick and I cannot close back panel properly... I'll try to find thinner wires to replace them.

Thank you again eatatjoes and pals at slatedroid.

The red and green led on shouldn't be a problem. Both of them are also lit on my tablet and the battery still lasts for about 4.5 hours playing movies if not a little more. I also thought since these led's were on that the battery was discharging but it doesn't appear so. It's funny because like you, I also thought since the leds were on the battery was being discharged so I ripped out the chip for the internal charger hoping this would fix it and yet the leds are still on. The only thing that sucks is that since the leds are on all the time even if the tablet is off, they suck a little battery power all the time, not much though. I left my tablet off and fully charged over the weekend and the led sucked up approx. 4% of battery power.

#116 vsk

vsk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Hey guys,

So I did the mod with the DX charger and It would charge with the green and red LED on at the same time and i was able to use my dropad while charging too.. Everything was going fine for about a month
when it suddenely stopped charging again.. it would work fine but Now when I try to charge nothing happens.. the dropad doesnt turn on and none of the LEDS go on either. Only the LED on the charger flashes
red when its connected to the dropad.. what does that mean?

Any help?

Thanks

#117 xaxax

xaxax

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

any have sell ic charger imo z3?

#118 gb4545

gb4545

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

ok...I have a crappy dropad(well its my wifes) and it isnt taking any charge. would like to give this a shot but I keep getting a error when I try open the guide?

Thanks for any help

#119 idfan

idfan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

I have the same problem with a N90 epad so I will try to follow your post.

#120 akarunatillaka

akarunatillaka

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi
My Android tab only charged up t0 86%, and drains without it turn on, please I want know weather it is a battery or charger problem... Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users