Photo

What are you top 7 apps on your G-tablet???

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Nambi

Nambi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Came across Swype for Android. Impressive I had to say....Give it a try,...http://beta.swype.com/

#22 et1ssgmiller

et1ssgmiller

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

I guess I'm one of the rare people that uses my G-Tablet in place of their home PC. I have productivity apps, media, and lots of games. I've got over 70 apps installed, and I use a lot of them regularly. I'll list my most used though, not sure if I'd call it my "top 7" for sure, but these are certainly in heavy use.

1) Dolphin Browser HD (Although I do use Opera on occasion, I always go back to Dolphin)

2) PocketMoney (great checkbook/budget app on iOS, Android version is catching up)

3) Rockplayer (Since I use Flashback 8.1, This runs all my videos in Software mode without a hitch)

4) Dungeon Defenders (still lags on higher difficulties/larger levels sometimes, but I love this game)

5) Appy Geek (Tech News)

6) Reckless Getaway (awesome game, I like it better than Reckless Racing)

7) Perfect Viewer (Comic book viewer)

My main go-to games are Reckless Getaway, Asphalt 6 (Acer Iconia Tab a500 version), Dungeon Defenders, and Sprinkle. I also use MixZing for music playing, or TuneIn Radio Pro if I want to have some radio streaming. Also have some cookbook apps that are quite handy, "Jamie Oliver's 20 minute meals" and "What's for Dinner"

If I had to pick the most useful apps I've come across, however, it would be these two:
Application Folder Pro (put all of your app icons into folders on your home screens, it's GREAT for organizing a lot of apps)
Toggle StatusBar (http://www.appbrain....togglestatusbar)

Also, if you are looking for games, I have a list of compatible games that I currently have running on my G-Tablet, broken down by genre:
http://www.slatedroi...972#entry244972

A quick question for you, I have a gTab running Brilliant Corners 1.3.1. I'm trying to download the Dolphin HD browser from the market, it tells me that my device is not compatible with Dolphin HD. Did you have to do some Linux like command line editing to fake out the market into believing the gTab was another type of phone/device? I'd really like to try Dolphin but I'm stuck, I also got the same message when I tried to download Opera for Android.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

#23 NickVL

NickVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

A quick question for you, I have a gTab running Brilliant Corners 1.3.1. I'm trying to download the Dolphin HD browser from the market, it tells me that my device is not compatible with Dolphin HD. Did you have to do some Linux like command line editing to fake out the market into believing the gTab was another type of phone/device? I'd really like to try Dolphin but I'm stuck, I also got the same message when I tried to download Opera for Android.

You probably need to do a market fix. See the first post on the BC thread. There should instructions/a link to instructions. You can also get the latest version (7) from getjar.com

Sent from my Clemsyn+Calkulin v8 using Tapatalk

#24 Dave.S

Dave.S

Fishing & Flashing

• PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Amazon ANDROID APP: OfficeSuite Pro 5 Free
http://www.amazon.co...t/B0051UP5NQ?t=
List Price: $14.99
Price: $0.00
You Save: $14.99 (100%)

Dave,

#25 TEK112

TEK112

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

You need to change the build.prop file or the lcd density regarding the app in question. For Dolphin HD I assume you would only have to change the build.prop and change the device manufacturer.

Sent from my G-Tab running Flashback 7.2 using tapatalk.
DROID Paraphernalia:

G-Tablet - Team DRH ICS

Moto DROID - Retired - Steel Droid 10

Galaxy Nexus - AXI0M PATIENT ZERO - Franco Nightly Kernel

If you really want to thank me, sign up for Dropbox!

Looking for Tablet Firmware? GET IT HERE

#26 Gary_O

Gary_O

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIllinois and Arizona

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Some of my favorite apps on the gTablet:

Reader HD - RSS reader optimized for tablets, great offline syncing

Titanium Backup - essential backup/restore utility

Opera Mobile 11.0 - great browser, note that v.11.5 does *not* work well on the gTablet

A.I.type Keyboard Plus - excellent predictive keyboard

Comics / Comixology - digital comics reader

File Expert - featureful file and app tool

Tapatalk - efficient forum reader

--------

Sent from my Flashback 9.0 using Tapatalk
=GO=

#27 Alicia_242

Alicia_242

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNassau, Bahamas

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

1. Picsay Pro- photo editor that I create everything on. Including my profile pic.
2. Plume- Recently became a twitter addict
3. MX Player- BEST video player; plays all formats (MOBO never worked for me)
4. Piscel Smart Office- excellent office app
5. Contract Killer NR- fun zombie killer game
6. TubeMate- Youtube downloader that works on HC (I search all over for it*
7. Ttorrent- where I download movies and tv shows directly onto my Gtab.

Alot of my favs have alrdy been posted : Opera, Thumb Keyboard, Multi picture...I could go on forever.
Alicia (242)[]Viewsonic G Tablet: Searching for the perfect Skyping ROM. Waiting onnICS mic fix - FrankenTab]

FACEBOOK- UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR GTAB

#28 narddawg314

narddawg314

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

1) pulse
2) evernote
3) root explorer
4) dropbox
5) chrome to phone
6) ted air
7) minecraft

BONUS - I don't use one browser, yet. Flash works best on the stock browser for me, I like dolphin for the bookmarks & addons, and Chrome Beta is growing on me but not quite a daily driver
8) dolphin/stock browser/chrome beta

#29 Nash

Nash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

1) Dolphin Browser HD
2) AdFree Android
3) iReader
4) Dood's Music Streamer
5) Screen Off and Lock
6) Hacker's Keyboard
7) Parcels

#30 jazekula

jazekula

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Not sure what happened to my post, so I'll try again.

These are not in any special order

1. Multipicture Live Wallpaper- allows me to have each homescreen as a different picture and I have it set to change or cycle to new pics every 2 min.

2. Documents to Go- Paid version. works great for when I am out of the office

3. ES File Explorer- Just started using this to make .apk's to save on my microSD or PC of all apps I have downloaded. No more trying to find them on the market once I download them once.

4. GTunes Music- Free music

5. LogMeIn Ignition- Works great as a remote desktop. I don't bring my work laptop with me home anymore. I just log in remotely and it is as if I am sitting at my desk, fun way to run windows from your G-tab. Also use this to check on what my boy is up to on his computer from time to time. Even used it to logon to my wife's computer to fix it while I was away.

6. Any simple game that can keep the kids occupied.

7. Dolphin HD- I like the full screen option

I run Flashback and all of these work just fine. I don't use my PC much anymore as I pretty much got this thing tuned to the way I need it. My last project is to get a dock and try to use this as a multimedia center by hooking it up to my TV and Stereo. I think it would be pretty trick to use it to watch movies and play music while scrolling through pictures.

James

I use almost all of these..def top apps..

#31 narddawg314

narddawg314

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Chrome Beta (&Chrome2Phone)
GMusic
Pulse
TED Air
DropBox
Osmos HD
Evernote
Terminal Emulator

#32 c1tobor

c1tobor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

3. ES File Explorer- Just started using this to make .apk's to save on my microSD or PC of all apps I have downloaded. No more trying to find them on the market once I download them once.

Can you give a brief description of how you do that? sounds like a great Idea.

Edited by c1tobor, 26 April 2012 - 08:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users