This is a straightforward script.
It's sole purpose is to get your device rooted and provide the tools to verify it.
- Cleaned Up some extra unneeded files and added the Android Market App Upgrade from ContemptX! - Thanks!
I have added some options to Disable and Enable services to hopefully help with battery life.
Extract the folder to ANY location you wish. (it is self contained)
Connect your tablet using the OTG port (normal procedure)
Make sure USB Debugging is ENABLED
- Settings --> Applications --> Development --> USB debugging (Green Checkmark)
. Run !RUN-ME-Tasselhof-RootScript.bat
You will be given the following prompt:
Make sure to enable USB Debugging on the tablet
- Settings -) Applications -) Development -) USB debugging (green checkmark)
1. Check Tablet Connection
2. Verify Tablet is ROOT Capable (with this script)
3. Run ROOT Script
***** ADDITIONAL OPTIONS - (ROOT REQUIRED) *****
4. Upgrade Android Market App
5. Disable Services to Increase Battery Life
- Phone, 3G, Bluetooth, Provision, VPN
6. Re-Enable All Services
7. Enable Only 3G Services
8. Enable Only Bluetooth Service
Choose Option (1 thru 9):
Option 3 Performs the actual ROOT process.
- It also installs the following programs: (don't worry if they are already installed)
* Root Checker
* Root Explorer
Option 4 attempts to replace the Android Market App with an updated version. Option 5 Disables various service APKs to try to save battery life.
Phone.apk - (Requires Immediate Hard Power Off and Reboot)
Option 6 Re-Enables all of the above services Option 7 Re-Enables all of the above services except Bluetooth.apk Option 8 Re-Enables only Bluetooth.apk
Watch the magic happen
This post has been edited by MrTasselhof: 27 September 2011 - 09:05 AM
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop
- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)
The Tasselhoff-RootScript works very well! I now have a Rooted M701-R tablet!
It took me awhile to figure out how to get my computer to recognise my Tablet though. I found a website, after looking on the internet for a couple of hours, which has a link to Windows USB drivers for the M701-R. Once the drivers are installed, then run the Tasselhoff-RootScript and then the device will become Rooted.
The Web address for the USB drivers is here: http://www.michel-lange.net/tcc/ , under the "ADB Drivers" section.
Thanks Mr Tasselhoff!
Hey guys I'm new to Slatedroid. Been to all the other Android sites looking for a root for the 701 without success until I found this. My friend has this cool little tablet and we used MrTasselhof's root script and it worked great after installing the Windows drivers provided by Paddy461. Thanks
Here's the problem. We went ahead and updated the market and now it doesn't even show up at all. Also when trying to set-up his exsisting google account the tab says there is a data connection problem. It connects to WiFi just fine and we can surf the net just can't setup google or get to the market.