Photo

New Flytouch 3 / Superpad 3 / DISCO10 motherboard - a firmware with WORKING WIFI

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 tornado

tornado

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

Very Good news for ALL !.

A new firmware with working wifi has arrived !. If You recently have flashed a tablet with Tim5A, FlanFinger FunnyComb or any other firmware and lost a WIFI after flash - here is a solution for You from Tornado Components !

I have been in touch with a factory who makes DISCO10 motherboards and they have send me a factory files which they use in the factory to flash "virgin" tablets.

I have tested this firmware and it is working on the latest motherboard DISCO10 V.2.0 but is fully compatible with DISCO10 V.1.1 !

Please feel free to comment this firmware but

PLEASE DO NOT START HERE DISCUSSION ABOUT "FAKE" OR "REAL" TABLETS AS EVERY RELATED TO "FAKE" OR "REAL" TABLETS WILL BE REPORTED TO THE MODERATORS.

Here is a link to download:

http://www.tornadoco...fi/prod_72.html

Please note: This is THE ONE valid link to THE ONE valid firmware with working WIFI in the EUROPE. Download speed is excellent, don't have to share it at depositfiles or etc.

#2 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

Did you mean Flytouch 3 / Superpad 3?

#3 george1983c

george1983c

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

ive been reading loads of reports about this wifi issue. ive been using funnycomb without aniy problems. ill keep looking back though to see the performance of this rom though

Sent from my DISCO10 using Tapatalk

#4 tornado

tornado

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

ive been reading loads of reports about this wifi issue. ive been using funnycomb without aniy problems. ill keep looking back though to see the performance of this rom though

The Funnycomb will switch OFF a wifi in the latest tablets with DISCO V.2.0, it is working good on tablet with V.1.1 only, I've tested and is switching off, because it is based on old kernel and old version of Tim5A firmware.

A new firmware available at my website is the latest kernel and WiFi is working great I've got this firmware directly from DISCO10 motherboards manufacturer.
I hope that a new Tim firmware will be based on this firmware a specially, that it is compatible with DISCO V.1.1 as well.

Edited by tornado, 24 September 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#5 FlanFlinger

FlanFlinger

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Don't flash your tab with this firmware, it will kill your wifi as well as putting you back to stock with none of Tims or my tweaks and fixes, you were fortunate that you had a "fake" 803 pad, it was actually a pre 803 pad with the properties edited to say it was an 803

The Funnycomb will switch OFF a wifi in the latest tablets with DISCO V.2.0, it is working good on tablet with V.1.1 only, I've tested and is switching off, because it is based on old kernel and old version of Tim5A firmware.

A new firmware available at my website is the latest kernel and WiFi is working great I've got this firmware directly from DISCO10 motherboards manufacturer.
I hope that a new Tim firmware will be based on this firmware a specially, that it is compatible with DISCO V.1.1 as well.

Why are you saying in one place it's the drivers that are different, and then here you are saying it's the kernel that's different, do you actually have any knowledge about the products you sell ?

#6 tornado

tornado

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

Don't flash your tab with this firmware, it will kill your wifi as well as putting you back to stock with none of Tims or my tweaks and fixes, you were fortunate that you had a "fake" 803 pad, it was actually a pre 803 pad with the properties edited to say it was an 803

Why are you lying to people ?, because I have started ignoring you at other forum ?.
My new firmware wifi will NOT kill wifi at any tablet. Flanfinger's FunnyComb is based on old firmware and his firmware will kill your wifi.
Your firmware is an actually Tim5A firmware, stolen an idea from him and changed a wallpaper. Stop telling people that it is Android 3.0 as I saw at another forum.

Why are you saying in one place it's the drivers that are different, and then here you are saying it's the kernel that's different, do you actually have any knowledge about the products you sell ?

A new firmware has 2 new drivers supporting both wifi chipsets located on V.1.1 and V.2.0
A have a big knowledge about my products. I know what I'm selling and I know that I'm selling real tablets with the latest motherboard with stronger wifi than V.1.1

To Flanfinger: Go back to your apad.tv forum and please stop messing here. DO NOT use my personal name as we are NOT friends and I will IGNORE ALL YOUR NEXT POSTS.

#7 FlanFlinger

FlanFlinger

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

Why are you lying to people ?, because I have started ignoring you at other forum ?.
My new firmware wifi will NOT kill wifi at any tablet. Flanfinger's FunnyComb is based on old firmware and his firmware will kill your wifi.
Your firmware is an actually Tim5A firmware, stolen an idea from him and changed a wallpaper. Stop telling people that it is Android 3.0 as I saw at another forum.

Post a link from any other forum where I've said it's 3.0, that's a bold accusation to make without any evidence to back it up.
There's folks on here who are on XDA, aPad and AndroidTablets, they'll know whether it's me or not

A new firmware has 2 new drivers supporting both wifi chipsets located on V.1.1 and V.2.0
A have a big knowledge about my products. I know what I'm selling and I know that I'm selling real tablets with the latest motherboard with stronger wifi than V.1.1

To Flanfinger: Go back to your apad.tv forum and please stop messing here. DO NOT use my personal name as we are NOT friends and I will IGNORE ALL YOUR NEXT POSTS.

Strange because the copy of your firmware I have is the same as the 2 other versions I've be sent by other sources, it only has one driver in it, it has a boot animation made by you, it's also missing the youtube app and a few vital parts to make the market work properly, don't worry though, I uploaded a fixed version this morning and emailed the link to a couple of other lads, you'll know it's mine as the boot anim is changed and there's a marker on the build number.

Feel free to ignore all my next posts, all that will do is prove to everyone else you are talking BS and making claims about my rom that you cannot back up.

If any mods would like to contact me to discuss this then feel free

#8 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

I can attest to the fact it will kill WiFi on non 803 tablets. I tried this firmware on two just to see about compatibility. I have an Android World Disco10 av 2.2-20110529 kv 2.6.32.9 bn frf85b and an Ibex disco10 I am delivering. After flashing the Wifi no longer works. Flashing back to stock or a custom ROM fixes it. Do not us this firmware unless you have an 803 with the busted Wifi. It is possible it could work on other tabs as there are so many but why bother.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#9 FlanFlinger

FlanFlinger

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

I can attest to the fact it will kill WiFi on non 803 tablets. I tried this firmware on two just to see about compatibility. I have an Android World Disco10 av 2.2-20110529 kv 2.6.32.9 bn frf85b and an Ibex disco10 I am delivering. After flashing the Wifi no longer works. Flashing back to stock or a custom ROM fixes it. Do not us this firmware unless you have an 803 with the busted Wifi. It is possible it could work on other tabs as there are so many but why bother.

Let me know when you've flashed a couple more with that firmware I gave you and I'll sort out the rest of the fixes on it for you.

#10 tornado

tornado

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hmm, don't know what to say as I have tested on another V.1.1 but I had just 2 units from old stock and it worked...
Well, a solution is simple I think - if WiFi doesn't work after flashing, someone has to just try another firmware ;-)

Seriously - I think You are right and this firmware works on 803 tablets as that tablets are the latest release.
I'm waiting for a new delivery and I will see which firmware will be there, if newer then I will try to flash a tablet using this firmware and I will check if the wifi will work or not. If it will work, then it will just confirm that all new tablets needs this or newer firmware, if not - then I will ask a manufacturer for a new firmware source with working wifi.

#11 FlanFlinger

FlanFlinger

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

Well you've had 24 hours to post a link from any other forum where I've said it's 3.0, come on Tornado, man up and admit you are talking sh*t

#12 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

Who cares really. There are tons of ROMs that have "Honeycomb" hybrid written all over them. I don't think anyone has claimed full 3.0 and I read a lot of the different forums since I have almost every Chinese tablet in my posession. But statements like "you were fortunate that you had a "fake" 803 pad" are just as much bullspit as him saying you said you had a complete 3.0 mod for the DISCO flytouch on another forum.

Keep the "fake" discussion on the other board where it belongs.

Frank

Edited by F&LSuperstore, 27 September 2011 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#13 tornado

tornado

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Keep the "fake" discussion on the other board where it belongs.

Frank

:clapping: :good:

#14 davym74

davym74

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am looking forward to using this website should learn lots

#15 motherofallbattles

motherofallbattles

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

:drinks:
hahahaha you will most of it is from travellers from a site in China who come across with such cr*p
about there manufacturers of ib*x but not once have they given this companies address because it belongs in fairy tale books =@

#16 nokoya

nokoya

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

Anyone help me with wifi broken. logs attached

Attached Files

#17 gossot

gossot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Salut, mes amis, je veux acheter une flytouch 3 sur internet, comme ma première tablette est 7 pouces, je me trouve que c'est un peu petit, cette fois, je veux acheter une 10 pouces ou SUPERPAD Flytouch 4. Et le Superpad Flytouch 4 se semble pas mal ,de plus, on dit que le système android est plus pratique et plus belle, donc ll est meilleur d'avoir le système android 2.2 ou android 3.0. Qui a l'expérience d'acheter les produits électronique sur l'internet? S'il vous pla?t, donnnez-moi quelque conseils. Quelle tablette est-ce que j'achète? Et quelle boutique sur internet est bon?

#18 gadgets&gadgets

gadgets&gadgets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hi there,

In the spirit of experimentation we tried your firmware and it did kill our wifi in a DISCO100 803 model that is a week old.

#19 herbieb

herbieb

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

like most I purchesed from tornado and everything worked very fast except it greyed out wifi and they did not offer a fix or return my email.

#20 ncmoody

ncmoody

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWorcester UK

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hi I'm new around here and may be speaking out of turn but my pas is as follows.

ibex flytouch 3
tim 6
disco10
2.2-20110803
Kernel 2.6.32.9
zjd@dtlinuxserver #36
Build FRF85B-tim6a

The Wifi works fine including envryption yhrough my BT Home Hub 3.

I hope this moves the discussion allong.
Old - But not very wise