Version A is suppose to be a green field box vs Version B shows a sunset.
tluong3, on 03 November 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:
Sorry I have not received my pad yet, but I have reading threads and it is saying A and B motherboard. Will the packing or some settings in the phone tell us the version?
I have Version B and have the following problems out of the box:
1. Poor mic. Doesn't pick up much sound.
2. Poor camera. Dark even in lighted setting.
3. Can't play a lot of games. Racing, labyrinth, etc...since the object would always go the opposite direction of the tilt. Unblock me since it always think I'm trying to move the block that's 2 blocks away from where I'm pointing. Ninja Fruit, the background was all messed up. Angry Bird was okay..just slow between rounds.
Things that worked:
1. Wifi was okay for me. Web surfing was fine.
2. Battery life seems okay...lasted 2 days with some surfing, wifi, video clips, and standby. Haven't test extensively yet.
3. The speaker crackle only occurs when I'm pushing the power button and when it's running out of battery so not a bother for me.
4. Waking up not a problem unless when it's out of battery.
5. Video played avi and mpeg4 well. Youtube played well. Sound was decent for the size.
6. Screen seems okay to me. It's fine with selecting icons, typing, scrolling. I just don't understand why it did so horribly with unblock me. Not sure about the scratching issue. I left the screen sticker that it came with on it and am just using my fingernails. I do see a bunch of scratches on the sticker but hopefully not the screen itself.
7. Reads from microSD card. Used Astro to find my video files from the microSD and it played well. Astro didn't have a lag listing and loading the tons of files I had on the card.
Things that I haven't tested yet:
1. Haven't tried playing mp3 yet.
2. Haven't tried to install Market or gapps. I've only downloaded games from getjar so far.
3. Haven't tried to root (is this necessary?)
4. Don't have a Netflix account so no idea about any Netflix issues
5. Haven't tried an ereader program yet. My ebooks are mostly in txt, html, pdf formats.
6. Haven't tried microUSB port or transfering files to microSD so not sure about the storage/file disappearing issue.
7. Haven't purchased anything for it yet: screen protector, case, etc..
8. Haven't tried bluetooth yet.
9. Haven't install Flash yet.
Hmm...so it looks like I still have a lot to test out. Was just let down with the super disappointing game experience that I haven't gotten to the other features.
This post has been edited by sna: 04 November 2011 - 11:43 AM