#121 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hi there!
I just received my Skypad Alpha 7" tablet yesterday. I charged up the battery to 100%. Turned it on, and the touch screen is not very responsive. At first, I thought it was frozen. After pressing very very hard, the unlock finally responded. I would have to press hard on the screen to get it to do anything, to the point where typing is useless. I have tried to reload the system by holding down HOME+PWR button. Still I have to press very very hard, to the point where pressing the BACKSPACE key types in the letter L because the glass is almost folding. Is there a method of calibration I need to perform for the glass, or is this a defect?

if calibration and the factory reset aren't working, and the pad is seriously that hard toget to respond, contact Skytex support. The problems with resistive screens are greatly exaggerated and the screen should be easily responsive. When you factory reset it should run the calibration with 3 small cross hairs to tap, you should use the stylus for this. after that your finger should be more than enough for icons or games like angry birds but for typing a fingernail or stylus are best.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#122 tluong3

tluong3

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Hi all,

Sorry I have not received my pad yet, but I have reading threads and it is saying A and B motherboard. Will the packing or some settings in the phone tell us the version?

#123 sna

sna

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Version A is suppose to be a green field box vs Version B shows a sunset.

Hi all,

Sorry I have not received my pad yet, but I have reading threads and it is saying A and B motherboard. Will the packing or some settings in the phone tell us the version?

I have Version B and have the following problems out of the box:
1. Poor mic. Doesn't pick up much sound.
2. Poor camera. Dark even in lighted setting.
3. Can't play a lot of games. Racing, labyrinth, etc...since the object would always go the opposite direction of the tilt. Unblock me since it always think I'm trying to move the block that's 2 blocks away from where I'm pointing. Ninja Fruit, the background was all messed up. Angry Bird was okay..just slow between rounds.

Things that worked:
1. Wifi was okay for me. Web surfing was fine.
2. Battery life seems okay...lasted 2 days with some surfing, wifi, video clips, and standby. Haven't test extensively yet.
3. The speaker crackle only occurs when I'm pushing the power button and when it's running out of battery so not a bother for me.
4. Waking up not a problem unless when it's out of battery.
5. Video played avi and mpeg4 well. Youtube played well. Sound was decent for the size.
6. Screen seems okay to me. It's fine with selecting icons, typing, scrolling. I just don't understand why it did so horribly with unblock me. Not sure about the scratching issue. I left the screen sticker that it came with on it and am just using my fingernails. I do see a bunch of scratches on the sticker but hopefully not the screen itself.
7. Reads from microSD card. Used Astro to find my video files from the microSD and it played well. Astro didn't have a lag listing and loading the tons of files I had on the card.

Things that I haven't tested yet:
1. Haven't tried playing mp3 yet.
2. Haven't tried to install Market or gapps. I've only downloaded games from getjar so far.
3. Haven't tried to root (is this necessary?)
4. Don't have a Netflix account so no idea about any Netflix issues
5. Haven't tried an ereader program yet. My ebooks are mostly in txt, html, pdf formats.
6. Haven't tried microUSB port or transfering files to microSD so not sure about the storage/file disappearing issue.
7. Haven't purchased anything for it yet: screen protector, case, etc..
8. Haven't tried bluetooth yet.
9. Haven't install Flash yet.

Hmm...so it looks like I still have a lot to test out. Was just let down with the super disappointing game experience that I haven't gotten to the other features.

Edited by sna, 04 November 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#124 Skypad

Skypad

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just an update:
I did have to perform 2 more resets, with the calibration. It works great with fingernails. In fact, fingernails work better than the included stylus.
I hope this may be minor or temporary, this morning the tablet does not turn on. I almost drained the battery last night reading a book. I did turn it off normally before going to sleep. This morning I bring it in to work, and charging it up. Pressing the button does not turn it on. Hitting the reset back button does not do anything either. I have it connected to the wall charger, and the usb cable to my computer. Holding down the power button, even after 30 seconds, does not turn it on. Any advice?

#125 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Just an update:
I did have to perform 2 more resets, with the calibration. It works great with fingernails. In fact, fingernails work better than the included stylus.
I hope this may be minor or temporary, this morning the tablet does not turn on. I almost drained the battery last night reading a book. I did turn it off normally before going to sleep. This morning I bring it in to work, and charging it up. Pressing the button does not turn it on. Hitting the reset back button does not do anything either. I have it connected to the wall charger, and the usb cable to my computer. Holding down the power button, even after 30 seconds, does not turn it on. Any advice?

30 seconds might not be enough. Disconnect the power and the USB. You want to hold the power down until you hear a click. It may be faint or loud depending on which firmware is on your pad. Also do this while disconnected from power. Hopefully that will set you right.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#126 AdamB

AdamB

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

I am having trouble installing OfficeSuite Pro. I have purchased it on Amazon but it won't install. When I click install it says "There was an error while downloading OfficeSuite Pro 5. Please try again." I am a new android user and don't know many options. Thanks.

#127 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

I am having trouble installing OfficeSuite Pro. I have purchased it on Amazon but it won't install. When I click install it says "There was an error while downloading OfficeSuite Pro 5. Please try again." I am a new android user and don't know many options. Thanks.

it could be a lot of things. it could be your network, it could be the firewall on your router. It could have just been a glitch on Amazon's side. Have you tried again recently? I remember reading somewhere about people getting the daily free app, but later when they try to re-download and it has gone back to pay they get errors

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#128 Living Nexus

Living Nexus

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

This happened to me a lot when downloading apps from the Amazon store. For me, rooting my Skypad and installing gapps fixed the issue for some reason. However, restarting the tablet completely should allow you to download the app. You should be able to keep trying the download until it succeeds, so no worries.

#129 Press_Corpse

Press_Corpse

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey guys/gals,
I just received the alpha I bought for my girlfriend and am having trouble connecting to the wifi in her house. I turned off wifi sleep policy with no positive results (like in post 109). When I type in the password to connect to the wireless, it just brings me back to the wireless screen like nothing happened.

I thought that possibly there was an update or something that I needed to get, but when I connect to my computer it cannot find the driver for it at all and asks for a cd. I downloaded the drivers in hopes of the laptop using them to alleviate the problem of not being able to connect to the computer, but no dice.

This is kind of frustrating. Sorry if this sounds long winded, but I was hoping this would be easier to connect to a wireless connection or even to a computer. I even tried to do a factory reset as a last attempt and nothing changed. Shucks.

Thanks for any help in advance

Chris

EDIT: We drove by starbucks to make use of the free wifi, it connected just fine to a connection without password protection (Even though it was a very poor signal in the parking lot). This is so frustrating, not a way I wanted to end my day

Edited by Press_Corpse, 07 November 2011 - 10:18 PM.

#130 cermak_rd

cermak_rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

Hey guys/gals,
I just received the alpha I bought for my girlfriend and am having trouble connecting to the wifi in her house. I turned off wifi sleep policy with no positive results (like in post 109). When I type in the password to connect to the wireless, it just brings me back to the wireless screen like nothing happened.

By password, do you mean using WEP or using WPA or EAP?

#131 Press_Corpse

Press_Corpse

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

WEP. If it helps, the tablet is a B-revision.

#132 sos219

sos219

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

The problem I am having with the Skypad Alpha right now is that it won't turn on. It worked fine for a couple of weeks ( I didn't use it a ton) I plugged it in to charge it last night and now it won't turn on. I've tried plugging it in to a different outlet to make sure it was actually charging and still nothing. IDK what to do. I've tried everything. It just won't turn on. I emailed Skytex about it. I"m waiting for a response.

#133 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

The problem I am having with the Skypad Alpha right now is that it won't turn on. It worked fine for a couple of weeks ( I didn't use it a ton) I plugged it in to charge it last night and now it won't turn on. I've tried plugging it in to a different outlet to make sure it was actually charging and still nothing. IDK what to do. I've tried everything. It just won't turn on. I emailed Skytex about it. I"m waiting for a response.

Calling them would be better. But have you tried holding the power down for about 60 seconds? Listen carefully for a a very small click through the speakers. If you hear it, release the power and try starting normally. Another trick is to follow the instructions in my signature to reflash the firmware. Before you connect the device, make sure you have the device manager open in Windows. Click Start, right click Computer, click Manage, click Device Manager. When you connect look for the device to pop up in Device Manager. If you have flashed the firmware before it will be the Freescale device, if you haven;t it will be an unknown Elvis.

If the device shows up you can try reflashing it.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#134 sos219

sos219

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Calling them would be better. But have you tried holding the power down for about 60 seconds? Listen carefully for a a very small click through the speakers. If you hear it, release the power and try starting normally. Another trick is to follow the instructions in my signature to reflash the firmware. Before you connect the device, make sure you have the device manager open in Windows. Click Start, right click Computer, click Manage, click Device Manager. When you connect look for the device to pop up in Device Manager. If you have flashed the firmware before it will be the Freescale device, if you haven;t it will be an unknown Elvis.

If the device shows up you can try reflashing it.

I do hear the clicks, I tried what you suggested and it still didn't turn on. It doesn't show up on the device manager. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the company says. :( Thanks for the suggestions though.

#135 sos219

sos219

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

I do hear the clicks, I tried what you suggested and it still didn't turn on. It doesn't show up on the device manager. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the company says. :( Thanks for the suggestions though.

UPDATE: I don't know what I was doing wrong to begin with but I tried it again and I got it to turn on! :clapping: Thanks so much for your help!

#136 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

UPDATE: I don't know what I was doing wrong to begin with but I tried it again and I got it to turn on! :clapping: Thanks so much for your help!

Glad you got it. What you want to do to avoid this in the future is if you are going to leave your pad on but not uses it ( let it gop into sleep mode), turn off Wifi, or download an app like WiFi Buddy that lets you set the WiFi Sleep to never.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#137 reaper420

reaper420

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

I just got my new skypad today i fully charged it, turned it on watched one youtube video and the battery went from full charged to about fifty percent over a two minute video. i locked the screen to put it down to do something else now it wont turn on. i have hooked it back up to the charger and nothing still. so far not off to a good start. does anyone know what this might be

#138 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

I just got my new skypad today i fully charged it, turned it on watched one youtube video and the battery went from full charged to about fifty percent over a two minute video. i locked the screen to put it down to do something else now it wont turn on. i have hooked it back up to the charger and nothing still. so far not off to a good start. does anyone know what this might be

You might have to cycle the battery a couple of times. First thing is to make sure the pad is all the way off. Without the charger plugged in press and hold the power until you hear a small click through the speakers. It can take up to a minute sometimes for it to click and it can be very faint. IF you do not hear the click and are absolutely sure you have held it more than enough, go ahead and plug in the charger and let it charge over night. Try and turn it on in the morning. IF it doesn't tunr on try hooking it up yo your PC with the USB cable, try pressing the power and holding it just for a few seconds a couple of times. You can have your device manager open or just listen for the USb connect sound. At this point you don't see it come up or hear it connect. Contact Skytex support.

If during any of this you do get it back up you need to go into your settings-display and set your screen timeout to 10 minutes. The make sure when you are going to leave the pad inactive either turn off the WiFi or download an app like WiFi Buddy that lets you set the WiFi sleep policy to never.

If you get it running and still see the battery issue let it charge off for a min 8 hours. Then remove the charger turn it on run the pad until it's dead looping a movie works best with the WiFi turned on. Recharge the same way then repeat these step once or two more times. For the next step to work your pad needs to be rooted. After the last charge when you want to delete the batterystats.bin file and let the pad run down. This will reset the information the meter uses to judge the battery usage. You can do a search for "battery optimizer apk " or "battery tuner apk" if you want to use an app to delete the file.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#139 rweworld

rweworld

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

I got my Skypad Alpha last week and I was able to set my wifi and install 4-5 applications. Now suddenly i'm seeing vertical line on my screen when i powered up my skypad. I tried to reset from back of skypad without any success.

Is this defective piece or something wrong with any of software?

I have also sent note to Skytex support two days a ago, I haven't heard back yet from them, I also tried to call them but it always ended on voice message. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

R

#140 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

I got my Skypad Alpha last week and I was able to set my wifi and install 4-5 applications. Now suddenly i'm seeing vertical line on my screen when i powered up my skypad. I tried to reset from back of skypad without any success.

Is this defective piece or something wrong with any of software?

I have also sent note to Skytex support two days a ago, I haven't heard back yet from them, I also tried to call them but it always ended on voice message. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

R

I am not sure on the lines, it could be you just need to reflash the firmware. Are the vertical lines just during boot up or after once the pad is on? Keep calling as I have heard this mentioned a before and they can point you to the quickest resolution. Let us know.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users