Anyone knows something about windows8 on ARM? I know that normal old windows programms will not run on ARM, but I just find windows 8(ARM edition) more attractive than android.
FROM XDA :
WoA (Windows on ARM)
WoA requirements from different sources:
- 10.1” display with 1366x768 min resolution (though smaller screens may be supported with reduced functionality)
- Volume Control, Windows, Rotation, Lock power buttons
- Dual core CPU with hardware accelerated GPU
- at least 1 Gb RAM
- min 16 Gb fixed storage
- 100mW idle power in standby
- WoA 8 would require UEFI to boot (instead of BIOS on x86), ACPI is required too. So no WoA to existing devices (they don't have UEFI/ACPI and I don't think that anyone would waste his time on emulating them).
This post has been edited by itanium21: 22 September 2011 - 07:07 AM