26 replies to this topic

#21 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

Its just to set a really easy to build baseline for installations. You get an image setup of Gingerbread (CM7 or what have you) flash it in, build from there. Not to copy our existing ROM. Just to build a good baseline. All your presets would be setup for you, such as partitions, data structure, etc.

CWM is great for simple crash recovery IMO. I have almost a terabite of backups from my phone and tablet. Most are from my tablet.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Edited by sharpe351, 27 September 2011 - 10:30 PM.

Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Official released ROMs:PRIME Redux v1.0

If you can't get ahold of me here, check HERE...

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Custom UOT file built for Clemsyn's Beast ROM (BeastyComb)--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

Seeking team members for Asus ICS modification... PM me for details

#22 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Apologizes as well. I got the hint & will butt out, but if I'm reading what you said correctly, he wants to make a new base image with installed apps then for use when switching roms.

Basically yes, I'm sick of flashing 4349, tap and crap. I'd much rather have 5274 with root and working market as a base for Froyo.

Edited by sharpe351, 27 September 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

#23 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Basically yes, I'm sick of flashing 4349, tap and crap. I'd much rather have 5274 with root and working market as a base for Froyo.

Sent you a couple of PMs this morning.

Viewsonic gTablet - Currently running TeamDRH
JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy S II E4GT - Stock ROM rooted.

Please show your support for the developers who are relentlessly working to bring the latest firmware to the GTab. JellyBean ain't too shabby if you ask me. :-)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#24 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

I figured I'd post up something here (update-sort of) , then open a thread on it. I am building a NVflash image for Brilliant Corners. It should be a good baseline for transplanting to another ROM. I will hopefully have something by the end of the week. I will post it up when I get it built/compiled. Many thanks to tlb1961 for the assistance.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Member of Team Flashback

#25 pixelrider

pixelrider

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

I didnt notice the last few posts. I have also been playing with NVflash a bit lately. I think I may have the images sorted and the cfg right now. I will give a few tests when I get home and post if it works.
I just KNOW I am gonna break somthin......oh well....wheres that new rom......

FrankenTAB v1.1.0 Official Release here

You can DONATE to me if you want to buy me a beer.

#26 cberkop

cberkop

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Don't know why it bothers you. It's similar to the set up on other tablets.

My Velocity Cruz (256M ram, 256M nand, 4G internal micro sd, & an external sd slot) uses a similar set up except even apps must fit on the nand.

Good thing we get to use a portion (2G) of our internal sd (eMMC-embedded multimedia card) to install our apps on.

I am new here and was wondering the same thing. Is there a way to increase the size of the partition that stores the apps, we have 16GB on the emmc 4gb is used currently and 12 just sits there I have a tone of apps that I would love to use but do not want to use my external card for applications, I have my movies and music there, but would love to be able to use more internal storage for the apps. Some can be moved, and some cannot. I have been looking but have not found anything yet, may just be my searches. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Chris.

#27 AlAbbo

AlAbbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

I am new here and was wondering the same thing. Is there a way to increase the size of the partition that stores the apps, we have 16GB on the emmc 4gb is used currently and 12 just sits there I have a tone of apps that I would love to use but do not want to use my external card for applications, I have my movies and music there, but would love to be able to use more internal storage for the apps. Some can be moved, and some cannot. I have been looking but have not found anything yet, may just be my searches. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Chris.

Yes, you can resize /data (where apps/user settings are stored) to whatever size you want. Originally, Viewsonic/Malata set the size of /data to 2GB. Some the newer ICS & later roms have advocated increasing it to 4GB. You can change the size within CWM by re-partitioning the SD. Beware; when you re-partition you are destroying both the /data partition AND the /sdcard partition that contains the remaining emmc space (so, it's would be like doing a factory/data reset & formatting /sdcard)...any installed apps, all user settings & data on /sdcard will be wiped. Backup your apps/data as you see fit BEFORE re-partitioning.

You are incorrect that the remaining space on the emmc is unused (/sdcard). Many installed apps use this area for data storage/work space and some games and app that have large data files allow you to store the data there instead of within /data. As an exmaple I use the GPS app Sygic which uses off-line maps. The maps for the US are about 3.7G and those maps MUST be stored on that remaining space.

Al

Edited by AlAbbo, 18 December 2012 - 11:46 AM.